Xtreme Makeover: NFL Edition

chestnutz

Wow. I think BOTH of these are GREAT! I LOVE the piping on the Vikings' jerseys. Unique, but not over the top. I'm not too sure about the gold alts though.

As for the Saints, I've found it hard to like most of the concepts on here because I'm a die-hard fan and love the current unis (minus the black pants). But these are GREAT! I love the throwback feel with the white shells on the helmet. I would like to see a little white in the home alt uni. But overall, A+ for both concepts.

gYH2mW9.png

Saints:

• FDLs appear to be too vertical. Use the current one as a reference.
  • Stick to one primary logo.
  • Crown looks goofy and cartoony, and could have some gang connotations. I know what you were going for, it just didn't work.
  • Horn / Ball logo is really nice. Two things:
    • The ball is way too vertical. Adjust the proportions.
    • It's too generic - maybe work in a N O on the ball?

[*]Wordmark is awesome. Maybe put some white highlights in it, as the gold you used is a little on the dark side (that's a good thing overall though.)

[*]The logos and uniforms don't belong in the same package. I'd try to make the uniforms a little less traditional. I'd comment more on them but I'm out of time.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Man, these are both looking good so far. My only complain is that the Vikings jersey looks like a cross between a college team and the rams. I just don't see the design as a full Vikings uniform. But, other than that its looking good. Especially the Saints.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

Okay, the third installment...DA RAIDERRRRRRRSSS

Come on, we all need to get ready to hear Chris Berman on sundays, might as well start now.

Anyways, this will probably everyone's least favorite of the bunch. Honestly, I had no idea wtf to do with the Raiders. Obviously Al Davis will never change the look of his team, but this is Xtreme Makeover and I had to do something.

First, the logos. Their primary is too iconic to change drastically, so I gave it an uplift, just as I did with the Vikings. Added some shading to the side to make it look more modern, made the shapes more crisp, changed the shield and added a double outline. I had no freakin' clue for secondary logos, so I just made a basic R type monogram (the font Megadeath), and took the swords from the shield to make as their own sorta logo. The wordmark I didn't want to make too crazy, just took the monogram R and added some basic text to go along with it.

Raiderslogos-1.png

The uniforms, something not many people go crazy on for the Raiders. I'm not really any different. I kept the basic silver/black/silver and silver/white/silver for the home and away, as Oakland (as far as I know) have never changed their uniforms aside from some minor things. I did, however, add some curved shoulder stripes, simple, but they go with the general shape of the swords in the logo and overall I think tie together nicely with the logo set. Added a gray alternate without the stripes, which look pretty good IMO, and a white on white away.

Raidersuniformssvg.png

Tell me what you think!

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

I think the Broncos wouldn't like one of their division rivals using their number font (even modified ever-so-slightly.)

Instead of white pants, go with black. You know you want to... now make it happen.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I quite like this Raiders look.

Primary: I'm not exactly sure how I feel about obscuring or placing in shadow an entire half of the guy's face. That negative space left behind there feels a little awkward. However, I greatly appreciate that you updated his face from the 1960's version. By sinking his cheek in and leaving the eye-patch side visible, it makes him look A LOT more like a skull. Very pirate ^_^ I also quite dig the new shape of the shield. The old one was OK, but this one has a more modern (but not modern for the sake of being modern) look to it. On second look, it's also quite 'NFL Equipment.' I don't know if that's a good thing for continuity's sake or a bad thing (too homogeneous).

Secondaries: Yes! I dig both of these a lot. The swords are very effective as a subtle mark that could be used at the bottom of publications or on websites or the like, as well as placement above the nameplate (though I know that's not popular with some here!) or on the shoulders or hip of the uniforms. The R is the secondary I like better though. In its rendering here, it could use a tiny bit of cleanup (like the mitre limit on the white outline at the bottom right, and the little weird grey bump in the middle bottom), but I know what you're going for, and I think it's great. That thing would most certainly go on a sideline cap, not unlike the Dallas D or the old (when they first entered the league) Browns B. (I'm not talking about the B in the football. It was an orange B on a brown cap. I saw one of those when I went to their game against the Jets a few weekends ago.) Anyway, yes. Solid secondaries for sure.

Wordmark: I feel like it's a little off balance. Would you consider putting serifs on all the characters in "Raiders?" And maybe change the kerning a little and put the characters in "Raiders" closer together.

Uniforms: Well, as it was pointed out by BringBackTheVet, I don't think the Broncos or Raiders fans would appreciate those numbers. The uniforms are conservative for a modern set, but still feel quite modernized compared to what they wear now. Stick with a block font, but keep the 'slashier' stripes. Also, something that I've always loved since the 75th anniversary unis back in 1994: make the number font on the aways silver instead of black. A couple other minor things: Why on the silver uniform are the collar and sleeve stripes black? Why not just put black 'slashy' shoulder stripes (say that three times fast) on it and keep continuity with the rest of the set? And why are the socks on the all white uniform white as well? At least make them silver? Otherwise, the silver helmet starts to look very awkward.

Archived