Mets in "Los Mets" jerseys tonight

Top Shelf

You know, they probably just took the "Los" from the Los Angeles Dodgers away wordmark, and changed it to their liking. It'd make sense.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

I forget, are we supposed to be offended/annoyed by "Los Mets," or by "Fiesta Night?"

We're supposed to be offended as design enthusiasts that the team would pander to an entire race by essentially putting the word "the" on the uniforms only in another language when that word, "The" doesn't exist in english on the uniforms usually. But we're okay with them pandering to an entire race.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Because it's good for people of Latin descent to feel as if they actually belong here in the United States, if only for a single night. The best way to do that is by adding an arbitrary word from their native tongue to the uniform. A very generous gesture from the very intelligent and culturally aware folks who come up with these sorts of ideas.

"Purists will bitch and whine, but so what? Purists will Always bitch and whine. That is their function. Res Ipsa Loquitur."

-HST

I think these jerseys are stupid. The fact that the Mets have a majority of Latin American players should be enough to be celebrated on the second post game Lation Music concert of the season. They did not have Los Mets on Merengei Night.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I would normally agree with most of the people here that the "los" is unnecessary and dumb (see the "Los Spurs" bit from the NBA), but in this case, the Mets (or Metropolitans) would still be the Mets in Spanish (I assume: Metropolitanos), therefore I'm ok with it.

But if the Giants added "los" to the Gigantes jerseys, or the Brewers added "los" before Cerveceros, it'd be rather dumb.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

i have no problems with gigantes or cerveceros jerseys... if i were a fan of the brewers, i'd totally buy a cerveceros jersey.

it's just adding "the" in front of the regular wordmark is silly.

i have no problems with gigantes or cerveceros jerseys... if i were a fan of the brewers, i'd totally buy a cerveceros jersey.

it's just adding "the" in front of the regular wordmark is silly.

I have to agree there

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

By the way, the jersey in this thread:

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=55793

Has since seen the LOS residue fade more and more over the past 6 months or so...

Thanks for the update, that thread was actually the first thing I thought of when I saw that they were wearing 'Los' on the jerseys tonight.

But hey, if Wilie was still manager, they could just move the "Los" to the bottom right of the wordmark, and add a "t" to the end, amirite?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

It's like that Chris Farley sketch.

"I am El Nino which is spanish for The Nino"

And the previous poster was right. 'Metropolitano' is Spanish for 'metropolitan'.

Or Kelso's quote from That 70's Show:

"Its an El Camino, thats Spanish for The Camino"

ESPNUAkron.jpg2002-2006 ALUMNI 2007-2009 ESPNUSeton.jpg

Archived