Detroit Motor City FC

thebigeh

Coincidence!

I was just about to post a logo for a Detroit MLS team called Detroit Motor City FC when I see MADVILLIAN posted one himself (not bad, btw. But I'd choose a different color sceme as that doesn't look Detroit).

Anyways, I had been kicking around this idea for a year now and just made it up a month ago. I drew it up by hand because I have no Illustrator, or the like, to work with. I posted it over on the MLS in Detroit threat at BigSoccer. The response I got was very positive. And now, I have posted it here at CCSLC for C&C.

Here's my logo:

DetroitMotorCityFC3.jpg

I think you're fine right now, but keep the below logo in mind as you enhance your logo. Don't want to get too close.

441382479_2e7c3672e1.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Love the color scheme, love the letters, love the simplicity, and I love how it looks like a car logo...

2 things I'm worried about:

Wish there was a wheel somewhere or something carish.

logo_gmc.jpg

I had wanted something along the lines of a shield found on the hood of a car. The wings on the D and C were from Chrysler's logo and the blue background was a nod to both Ford and GM. So adding anything more wasn't necessary.

I think you're fine right now, but keep the below logo in mind as you enhance your logo. Don't want to get too close.

441382479_2e7c3672e1.jpg

I knew I was borrowing from DeLorean's old logo when I created mine. But don't worry, there's no chance of going that far. ;)

Coincidence!

I was just about to post a logo for a Detroit MLS team called Detroit Motor City FC when I see MADVILLIAN posted one himself (not bad, btw. But I'd choose a different color sceme as that doesn't look Detroit).

Anyways, I had been kicking around this idea for a year now and just made it up a month ago. I drew it up by hand because I have no Illustrator, or the like, to work with. I posted it over on the MLS in Detroit threat at BigSoccer. The response I got was very positive. And now, I have posted it here at CCSLC for C&C.

Here's my logo:

DetroitMotorCityFC3.jpg

Damn dude that is really good. I think the subtle hints at famous auto makers and brands makes it that much better. It's so good in fact that I almost would like to see Detroit get a team to wear this(not ahead of Miami of course :P )

Flux capacitor!

I agree.

For the concept, there should be a speedometer element with the needle pointing to 88 MPH.

:P

1.21 Gigawatts?!

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

DetroitMotorCityFC3_vectorized_free.png

I used vector magic, didn't p-shop away the "traced..." thing, but i think it looks great.

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Dallas Stars- Brenden Morrow // Marty Turco // Loui Erikkson

Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki // Jason Kidd // Jason Terry

Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Owens // DeMarcus Ware // Terence Newman // Felix Jones

Texas Rangers- Ian Kinsler // Elvis Andrus // Marlon Byrd

• 1 year later...

I dug up this old thread rather than start a new one. I took the logo I created for Detroit Motor City FC and used Inkscape to redraw it on my computer.

Primary:

DetroitMotorCityFCLogo.png

On an orange background:

DetroitMotorCityFCLogo-OrangeBack.png

And on a navy blue background:

DetroitMotorCityFCLogo-BlueBack.png

Coincidence!

Here's my logo:

DetroitMotorCityFC3.jpg

Great logo. Was Detroit granted a franchise?

Btw, You can download a 30 day trial of Illustrator CS5 here: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=illustrator

Coincidence!

Here's my logo:

DetroitMotorCityFC3.jpg

Great logo. Was Detroit granted a franchise?

Btw, You can download a 30 day trial of Illustrator CS5 here: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=illustrator

Sadly, no. But I'm still holding out for hope.

• 4 weeks later...

Because I wasn't satisfied with the type I was using, I re-did my logo again with Inkscape program. I took out the type that I had photocopied and traced onto my original design, scanned it, then traced the letters with Inkscape. After I had arranged and rotated the shapes around, I managed to get about what I had originaly intended with my design. I also fixed the shine on the DMC logomark by replacing the orange with grey.

I think this is a much better design, IMO.

Primary:

DetroitMotorCityFCLogoChromeShade-W.png

On an orange background:

DetroitMotorCityFCLogoChromeShade-O.png

And on a navy blue background:

DetroitMotorCityFCLogoChromeShade-N.png

I also made some soccer kit designs to go along with the logos.

Main Home Kit:

DetroitMotorCityHomeKit.png

Change Road Kit:

DetroitMotorCityRoadKit.png

And a special Third Kit:

DetroitMotorCityFCThirdKit.png

You'll all notice that on the collars of the backs of the shirts is the word "DRIVE". I put that there as the motto/slogan for DMCFC.

Whaddya think? C&C please.

Archived