OKC Thunder Rebrand

elliott

Well, here is my take on the Thunder. I had been working on a logo for a football team I was going to call the L.A. Goliaths like 6 months ago, with the image of a full body gladiator holding a lightning bolt. I could never really get the crest right so I pretty much gave up on the idea. I tried to revamp the logo for the Thunder, but I could never get it to look right, so I used the image of an arm holding the lightning rather than a full (upper) body. My primary logo here has that image, and also some storm clouds in the background. I think this logo is still a work in progress though and I would love to get some suggestions on how to make it better!

So I will continue to work on the full-body crest and if I get it right I will post it. But I did want to post my logo, along with wordmarks and uniforms as a complete rebranding project. So far:

-I am happy with the uniforms

-I am sort of happy with the wordmarks

-I am not completely happy with the logo, and I want to add more logos.

Well, I need all the help I can get, but here are the logos/wordmarks:

OKCThunderConcept2.gif

Here are the home/aways:

OKCThunderConceptUnis.gif

And an alternate for good measure:

OKCThunderConceptAlt.gif

Thanks for all C+C.

hmm...somethin feels weird about the hand in the primary. maybe it needs to be a bit more detailed, it seems over-simplified.

number font seems a lil awkward with the low x-height, and i dont really like the rounded bottom of the side panels.

the colors are nice tho, and the design of the jersey tops is nice.

I agree the hand looks a little odd in the logo and the jerseys overall just feel like college jerseys to me. The number definitely aren't working for this concept. You're on to something though, certainly something better than that garbage they actually chose, it just needs some cleaning up.

Jerseys are golden. just maybe raise the number, name.

the wordmarks are pretty good, could use some work.

the primary logo has a good idea/thought. a touch-up would help.

but overall pretty nice.

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Dallas Stars- Brenden Morrow // Marty Turco // Loui Erikkson

Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki // Jason Kidd // Jason Terry

Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Owens // DeMarcus Ware // Terence Newman // Felix Jones

Texas Rangers- Ian Kinsler // Elvis Andrus // Marlon Byrd

hey elliot, i looked at this a few times and thought nothing of it. then i saw something that im not even sure u meant to do. on the home set, the logo on the shorts from far out when u cant see the outline looks like a "T". i think that is the coolest thing ever. also the yellow jersey is amazing, i love yellow basketball jerseys and the slowly thinning. great concept overall!!

maby your best yet, maby!!!

Back numbers are waaay too big - you could never fit 33 on there.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I like it, but it reminds me a lot of the Chargers crest logo with a lightning bolt. And the various versions that they have had throughout the years cover most aspects of your logo. It's a very nice idea though...

OKCThunderConcept4.gif

Here is another update, with a darker orange.

Wow, these colors complement each other very nicely!

A+, man.

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Dallas Stars- Brenden Morrow // Marty Turco // Loui Erikkson

Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki // Jason Kidd // Jason Terry

Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Owens // DeMarcus Ware // Terence Newman // Felix Jones

Texas Rangers- Ian Kinsler // Elvis Andrus // Marlon Byrd

Archived