Logo Quickie: Usfl's Michigan Panthers

nitroseed

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any help with the Stallions logo?

The Birmingham Stallions...talk about some difficult colors to reproduce...according to the Stallions' Paint Specs I've got on my site, here is how the Stallions' colors broke down:

Red:

36% 2B Red - FS1714

25% AOA Yellow - YQ1308

1.8% Mix in Black

100% Varnish

Gold/Tan:

9.4% of Yellow - YQ1497

1.35% Red Lake C - RCQ1589

13% of Aluminum Paste

18.5% Pale Gold

10% Moly Orange - 58OF637

58% Metallic Varnish

This makes my brain hurt...

Thanks nitro when I'm done I'll post my Panthers Uni concept on here.

The Stallions logo isn't bad for the 80's just needs a update. I wish the league was still around I went to a bunch of Stallions games when I was a kid with my dad. I miss the league. I brings back fond memories of my dad. God rest his Soul.

I'd keep it exactly how they had it in the USFL. :) Except for the panther head going all the way to the base of the helmet.

I actually really liked the way their logos went all the way to the helmet's base. It's the same reason i like the San Jose SaberCats.

Still, great job Nitro.

Okay, this is as close as I've come to replicating their colors:

Birmingham Stallions Strawberry Red, PMS 1788 C

Birmingham Stallions Gold, PMS 451 C

PANTONE, what say you? Is that somewhat close?

Yeah...I've actually been re-working my estimates as well. Yours are good, however. Here's what I came up with an hour or so ago:

BIRMINGHAM STALLIONS RED - Red 032 C

BIRMINGHAM STALLIONS GOLD/TAN - 7503 C

Either set will be close enough though. I actually contacted Pantone, Inc. about trying to accurately reproduce some of these custom colors I run across; it may be too expensive to do, but I'm looking into it.

Wow that looks good too it.

If you decide the put it on helmet what color would you use I think silver or blackwill work best personally.

Neither...use a white or 'cream' colored helmet...it'll look like God (or substitute your own preferred deity) Him/Her/Itself created it.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I'm actually considering it... I've got a logo done for the Stallions, but I'm not happy with it. I guess I'll just post it here instead of starting a new thread and see what you guys think... I'm personally not that crazy about it. But, here ya go:

stallions.gif

The colors are exactly the same as the old, but I added the darker red for a little interest. It's not exactly a modernization so much as it is just a rebranding. I think I'm going to try and just modernize the old one as well eventually. For now, this will do.

I tell you I cant wait to see what he comes up with for teh NJ Generals I still have a Gnerals penant hanging in my room. Stupid USFL folding I know they were posied for greatness.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived