Logo Quickie: Usfl's Michigan Panthers

nitroseed

Well, I got really bored tonight, so I went rummaging through the LogoServer to find some old teams to bring into the future. I finally decided on the Michigan Panthers of the old USFL. Some of you probably remember them well, others... not so much. Anyways, I tried to imagine what their logo might look like if they were around today. I kept it pretty close to the original, with a few modifications, restyling, and new colors. Enjoy!

mich-panthers.gif

Comments, critiques and large monetary donations are always welcome, of course. :) Maybe if I get the time I'll take this a little further and do some secondaries, unis, whatever. Not sure since this is just a quickie. Took me literally about 20 minutes from paper sketch to vector to finish.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I got really bored tonight, so I went rummaging through the LogoServer to find some old teams to bring into the future. I finally decided on the Michigan Panthers of the old USFL. Some of you probably remember them well, others... not so much. Anyways, I tried to imagine what their logo might look like if they were around today. I kept it pretty close to the original, with a few modifications, restyling, and new colors. Enjoy!

mich-panthers.gif

Comments, critiques and large monetary donations are always welcome, of course. :) Maybe if I get the time I'll take this a little further and do some secondaries, unis, whatever. Not sure since this is just a quickie. Took me literally about 20 minutes from paper sketch to vector to finish.

that's gorgeous

20 minutes.... i wanna slap you...lol... awesome work as always... id compliment you more but apparently it makes u feel worse lol :D

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

It's a great concept. You did an excellent job of improving on the areas that needed help on the original logo (teeth and nose come to mind). I'm not really fond of the blue streaks on the back. Maybe you could do something else to show the same type of movement? Other than that, it's another solid piece of work.

Terrific work.

I'd like to see the blue outline be a little more uniform... if it's supposed to have a bit of a shadow tendency, well, I'm still missing the consistency there... the biggest thing that threw me off a shade was the relatively large amount of blue below the neck (and the fact that it doesn't follow the curve).

You know I nitpick because I like it... 20 mins well spent Nitro. ^_^

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Love the logo Nitro, impressive work as always. A few things that I'd like to see just tweaked a bit is the lines (blue ones) drawn off the baco of the Panther. The ones around the ear just don't look right, I know it's a twenty minute job so great work. Another thing I saw was just tweaking the nose so it looks more defined by adding it so there is a black part that reaches out to the line of the eye but still remains some red space above it so it looks complete and more defined. I'll try to post a picture later to show you what I mean. Great job Nitro! Amazing update!

Nitro - your amazing, awesome, terrific. What great work - I love the blend of the old & the new!

Great Job :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived