Nike Greats and Glory College Jerseys

Cuse2000

Sorry if this has been discussed...

http://yahoosports.teamfanshop.com/search/...otball%20jersey

but, are you kidding me?

Does Mitchell and Ness have the copyright on throwback accuracy?

The Marvin Harrison Syracuse jersey is either a very good Auburn jersey or a bad version of the Don MacPherson-era jerseys. I think there's only one or two in the bunch that are accurate. And it's not like these aren't all Nike schools.

I'm totally flaberghasted!

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

These have been around for a while now. I especially like the JaMarcus Russell jersey. Apparently, he played during the 1950s.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Without researching, I know that both Polamalus (how could they get Polamalu wrong and Davis right?), both Russells, Elway, Harrison, Irvin and both Deions are wrong. At a minimum.

The Barry Sanders Oklahoma State jersey is nowhere close either.

My guess is they're doing the same thing they did with the basketball jerseys a couple of years ago. Take a player and put they're name and number on a throwback jersey from well before they played for that school. A couple of years ago Nike came out with an Illinois Deron Williams jersey from the 1989 season.

My guess is they're doing the same thing they did with the basketball jerseys a couple of years ago. Take a player and put they're name and number on a throwback jersey from well before they played for that school. A couple of years ago Nike came out with an Illinois Deron Williams jersey from the 1989 season.

They did wear those as throwbacks that year however, so they somewhat made sense. The shorts on court had Chief Illiwek while the retail shorts had the block eye.

Yea most of these are terrible...

pg2_g_george_195.jpg

FF_157213ALT2_xl.jpg

EDIT: Illini1 you may be correct, because I found this pic of Hopalong Cassidy, and it appears to be the same striping...

Hopalong-8x10.jpg

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

They did wear those as throwbacks that year however, so they somewhat made sense. The shorts on court had Chief Illiwek while the retail shorts had the block eye.

They wore them in a game in 2005, but Nike didn't have them for sale until 2006 when Deron Williams was in the NBA.

Archived