New Illinois SOD uniforms

illini1

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like those.

Nice, simple, clean, effective.

Great job Nike. Especially because they actually have SIDE panels and not back panels.

I think UNC and Illinois are the only SOD teams to have side jersey panels, and not on the player's backs.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

These look great...simple and clean to echo what others have stated. Hopefully Nike will expand SOD to other teams this season.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Is it sad we're getting new uniform news from Facebook now?

Anyways, I agree with the majority. Simple. Clean. Really works well.

Although I really do think that the bagginess of the SOD shorts border on obscene. These aren't terribly bad.

Good work

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Although I'm not a huge fan of the "twist" side panels, They do look better than the current shorts. Glad they kept the Chief logo inspired waistband. I think I'm in the minority on that. I wonder if its still on the back of the neck or not.

I bought a pair of the last shorts just for the waistband...I thought that was so cool. I may have to get a pair of these as well.

Okay, well, I got the word to hold off on posting any photos.

But there IS a navy blue version. ILLINOIS in orange, numbers in white. Side panels are orange.

The one major part of the design not visible here is the back of the shoulders. They've got that silly silver dash on the back, but it's not too terrible. A thicker stripes is underneath the silver tapers into the outline piping.

The Chief logo striping does not appear on the back of the color, but I'm with PCGD in being a big fan of seeing it return in some form. It's a nice subtle homage to the Chief. I like that it technically breaks the NCAA's policy of not having American Indian imagery, but does so subtly enough they can't say anything.

Actually, Assembly Hall still has wall decoration that has patterns taken directly from the Chief logo feathers, and I love that too.

After looking at it for a while, that triangle portion on the shorts kind of resembles an arrowhead. Does anyone els see it or am I just seeing things?

I wouldn't read too much into that. Illinois has never used arrowhead imagry so I don't know why they were start now, even if its a subtle nod. If it was intentional...I wouldn't like it. But I bet you'll see them template come out in other teams and the "arrow" will be there as well.

STL, any other teams with this dash we can reference? I'm not sure if I'm familiar with what you're talking about for the backs...

Best I can find for now. Like I side, on the Illinois unis, a different colored stripe continues under the dash and tapers into the side piping.

greg-oden.jpg

Florida and Syracuse also have it, I believe. As far as I know, most if not all of the SOD teams have it (very similar to the way NIKE put the shoulder swooshes on the front of the jerseys for a couple of years).

Now on these, it looks like the tighter fitting collar that they've had since the beginning of SOD's, and not the more spacious one that Vanderbilt and the USA Olympic teams sported. Don't like that. But that's about the only thing I don't like. These SOD's were once thought to be the Darth Vader of basketball uniforms, but now, surprisingly, everybody seems to be coming around on them.

Am I right that this marks a return to the mismatched name and number colors that they went away from in the last set?

I like this better, I guess because it brings more orange to the home whites. The all-navy number and name just didn't look right for Illinois.

You're correct.

I really enjoy how that aspect as well as the side striping on the jerseys (the back of the shoulders not withstanding) really brings a tie back to the set they work from approximately 2000-2006.

Forgive me for being a little too late with this...but has Nike ever really defined exactly what this "System of Dress" actually is???

(if it's a two-part equation--tight jersey + superbaggy shorts = college B-ball uniform--then I got it.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived