Bruschimania's NFL redesign

mania

Alright, this is a little bit of a cop out, because only one design posted here is actually new(and it's only in a technicality)... one I've posted before, and two are very slight tweaks to previously posted concepts. But lately I've felt kind of creative, and with not much actually coming when I'm thinking for the Apprentice challenge, but I did get some ideas.

First up: The Steelers. VERY little changed from the last time I posted this, but it's a mix between the current uniforms and the throwback uniforms, which I still love.

steelers.png

Up next: The Cowboys. As I said, previously posted, but I changed around a few things on the home whites especially, changing the socks, and removing the stars from the hips that were on the previous look. Of course, the pants can be mixed-and-matched, but I wouldn't recommend monochrome blue.

cowboys.png

One of my favorite NFL concepts I've ever done, the Buccaneers. Change would be the helmet, going back to pewter, although everything else is the same. Once again, the pants can be mixed and matched, and I don't know if monochrome would look that bad with these.

bucinblack.png

Finally, the Bills. This is an overhaul of an old concept. I'm not 100% sure the mane mimicking on the shoulder yokes work, but I really wanted to try something different with these. If the death threats are that often, I might change these around. :)

bills.png

The next team will either be the Patriots, 49ers, or Bears.

Onto... the New England Patriots.

As a Pats fan, I really like their current set for the most part, so I worked off of it, keeping the numbers, colors, side panels, and basic look. I simplified the shoulders, dropping the USC stripe, changed the color of the facemask, changed the pants, reminiscent of their 1993 look, and added a red alternate consistent with the style.

patriots.png

bruschi, nice job, here are my critiques

Steelers - like you, I love their throwbacks, and this is a nice way to modernize it while adding in some white. B+

Cowboys - Don't like the blue pants, but overall it's good. B

Bucs - Very nice all around. Creative piping. A-

Bills - Not a fan. The yokes seem forced, and I don't like the red helmet. C+

Patriots - Solid. B+

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

• 1 month later...

My latest concept in the thread is based on my immense dislike of the stripeless gold Rams pants. In trying to fix that, I went a little more old school. Mixing the classic athletic gold with a darker royal than they previously used (but obviously lighter thant he current navy tone), I think the color tone really works. I also went back to their initial St. Louis wordmark, because of the connection to the city with the Arch. The other retro thing was the horns on the sleeves. I don't think, with the evaporating sleeves of today that numbers fit in the horns, but on their own, they are a nice nod to the history of the franchise and one of the few teams that can have fun with that and still be classy. Anyways...

rams.png

My latest concept in the thread is based on my immense dislike of the stripeless gold Rams pants. In trying to fix that, I went a little more old school. Mixing the classic athletic gold with a darker royal than they previously used (but obviously lighter thant he current navy tone), I think the color tone really works. I also went back to their initial St. Louis wordmark, because of the connection to the city with the Arch. The other retro thing was the horns on the sleeves. I don't think, with the evaporating sleeves of today that numbers fit in the horns, but on their own, they are a nice nod to the history of the franchise and one of the few teams that can have fun with that and still be classy. Anyways...

rams.png

like the rams set, change the numbers to yellow and name to white on the home set and you have a winner

rams.png

Very nice! I'm not that big of a fan of the sleeve horns, but I'd gladly take them back to get the old color scheme back.

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

The sleeve horns just don't work - they're too compressed, and would not translate well on the field.

Here's a thought - It'd require RBK to make a new template, but so what. Start the horn from the seam that angles into the neck - so it would go over top of where you have the TV numbers. Then finish it as usual. There may be enough room for a number inside the hook, but maybe not. I think it was confirmed that TV numbers aren't a requirement anymore - I think this is one case where nobody would complain about a jersey lacking them.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Brandon's new template release kind of made me want to play around a little, and in the time I did it, I decided to work on a Seahawks set. To me, the Seahawks are green and blue... if you want to sharpen those colors, that's fine, but their current set to me just looks horrible.

So basically I went back to the classic look, with the updated bird. I played with fonts, that might be the thing that I'm least happy about with the set, but I couldn't find anything that really fit. My personal favorite is the green alternate, but then, I think there's a major lack of green in the NFL.

seaseahawks.png

Brandon's new template release kind of made me want to play around a little, and in the time I did it, I decided to work on a Seahawks set. To me, the Seahawks are green and blue... if you want to sharpen those colors, that's fine, but their current set to me just looks horrible.

So basically I went back to the classic look, with the updated bird. I played with fonts, that might be the thing that I'm least happy about with the set, but I couldn't find anything that really fit. My personal favorite is the green alternate, but then, I think there's a major lack of green in the NFL.

seaseahawks.png

The Seahawk on the player's right sleeve is backwards, they should never face backward. Also, I like the Cubs numerals on this. It may not be the best solution, but it's not bad either.

Hadn't even thought about that, bohob. Thanks. I'll probably fix it up eventually.

Ok, now, for a rarity, two in one day, I move on to the Jaguars. This was originally going to be a drunken concept, but then I ended up having dinner and sobered up. :)

I used teal and black, regulating the tan/gold to an accent color. I wanted to unveil Buc's action templates with this one, but I got frustrated over the last one and ended up not doing it.

Anyways, went with a block font, made mix and match sets... and truthfully, going from what I'd done in the action template, I truly believe that every combination would look pretty nice, even *gasp* monochromes.

Anyways, here it is.

jaxjaguars.png

I might do some work on a presentation template for the next time I post something.

Archived