New Memphis basketball unis?

Derby

That is definitely SOD, and they look MUCH better now than they did with that nonsense they wore last year.

Oh, you mean adidas? :P

Seriously though, Nike seems to be getting better with their use of SOD. Now all they need to do is fix UConn and Oregon...

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

That is definitely SOD, and they look MUCH better now than they did with that nonsense they wore last year.

Oh, you mean adidas? :P

Seriously though, Nike seems to be getting better with their use of SOD. Now all they need to do is fix UConn and Oregon...

That looks a million times better than what they've worn the last few years. A million times better...

And Memphis is Nike Elite now. That's kind of lame -- shouldn't you have to have been with Nike as a Final Four team in order to be Elite?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

And Memphis is Nike Elite now. That's kind of lame -- shouldn't you have to have been with Nike as a Final Four team in order to be Elite?

Aside from the silver "button" on the neckline and a difference in the hangtag, is there any real difference between a Nike Elite team and any other Nike-sponsored basketball team?

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Aside from the silver "button" on the neckline and a difference in the hangtag, is there any real difference between a Nike Elite team and any other Nike-sponsored basketball team?

No, I think that's it. Maybe it helps recruiting, but I wouldn't see how much.

Actually, if you're Elite, you're probably more likely to get one of Nike's new, wacky, uniform designs.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Actually, if you're Elite, you're probably more likely to get one of Nike's new, wacky, uniform designs.

I don't know about that. Look at Nike's Elite teams: most of them have great uniforms (Duke, UNC, Florida, and Georgetown come to mind).

The "Elite" title refers only to the play on the courts, not the quality of the jersey design, is that correct?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

The "Elite" title refers only to the play on the courts, not the quality of the jersey design, is that correct?

I guess. You're "Elite" if you're a Nike school and have been to the Final Four. So George Mason is Elite. Funny, huh?

And my "wacky" comment was in reference to SOD schools. The first three -- Syracuse, OSU, and Arizona -- are all Elite schools.

I guess. You're "Elite" if you're a Nike school and have been to the Final Four. So George Mason is Elite. Funny, huh?

And my "wacky" comment was in reference to SOD schools. The first three -- Syracuse, OSU, and Arizona -- are all Elite schools.

Well, FWIW, those uniforms weren't that bad.

On the backs of most SOD jerseys are two little colored inserts. I think the Nike Elite schools get silver inserts; not sure about the "non-elite" schools.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I thought "Nike Elite" was only for the schools who have all-sports deals with Nike. George Mason does it the old-fashioned way - they just buy their basketball uniforms from Nike, so I thought they weren't included in the "Nike Elite" as I don't remember them having the "Elite seal" on their uniforms the last two seasons. However, I could be wrong; I haven't really seen a George Mason game since their Final Four run.

I'll happily defer to someone who has a solid explanation, but I always thought "Elite" was predicated by being a Final Four team (and a Nike school at the time, but apparently not).

And, I will also say that I don't hate SOD, especially considering it's been toned down dramatically since the initial photos came out.

Archived