MLB Blackout Project

JayJaxon

With blackout apparently the new craze in sports, I decided to see what it would look like if Major League Baseball had blackout jerseys for all 30 teams. Now I know that some teams such as the Rockies, White Sox, and D Backs already have black jerseys. For these teams I will try to create something different for them for the sake of this project. I know some of the teams have nothing to do with black, but this is just an idea I decided to wheel into reality. I will start with the teams that are currently in the LCS. American League Championship series is first with the Rays and the Red Sox.

BL-Rays.gifBL-BoSox.gif

Rays: I went into this knowing exactly what I wanted to do with the Rays. I was going to change the word mark white. Well as soon as I opened another layer and made the backround black, I realized how much the wordmark popped without doing anything to it. So I left it alone.

Red Sox: This one was simple. All I did was add a white stroke around the word mark and that is all it took.

Most of these will be fairly simple to do. But surprisingly I like both of these very much.

CC welcome as always.

Here are this year's NLCS participants.

The Dodgers happened to be another fairly easy team to do. I decided not to put a white outline on the number. Was that a good idea? I like this one too. These really do not look that bad IMO.

The Phillies look good on a black jersey. The only team of the four done so far that have anything at all to do with black is the Red Sox, but I like how these are turning out so far. What does everyone think?

BL-Dodgers.gifBL-Phils.gif

I'm usually not the biggest fan of black alternates (or too much black on any of the uniforms, really), but these look really nice and clean. I love how the Rays' one looks; the blue really pops when it's on the black jersey. Good job, can't wait to see the other teams. ;-)

LB2nd.png

chicagowhitesox.pngchicagobears.pngchicagobulls.pngchicagoblackhawks.pngchicagofire.png

The Phillies don't have an underline under their wordmark.

Also, what's the point of proving that you can click the paint-bucket icon and make a white area black? How is this a concept?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Phillies don't have an underline under their wordmark.

Also, what's the point of proving that you can click the paint-bucket icon and make a white area black? How is this a concept?

THE POINT since you asked, is to see what all the teams would look like wearing black (like I mentioned above) it is a CONCEPT because none of these jerseys currently exist. I had the idea to do it and wanted to share it with everyone here. I would greatly appreciate it if you would stick to the work and not the reason the work is being done. Not all of these jerseys are going to look exactly like they do now (with a black backround) I am changing some of them. For example, the Cubs blackout jersey will spell out 'Cubs'. It just so happens that these four were very simple. Now I think that is enough of explaining THE POINT of this. If you don't like they way they look, COMMENT ON THAT.

I'm usually not the biggest fan of black alternates (or too much black on any of the uniforms, really), but these look really nice and clean. I love how the Rays' one looks; the blue really pops when it's on the black jersey. Good job, can't wait to see the other teams. ;-)

THANK YOU. I am really surprised by how much I like the Rays jersey myself. I appreciate your comments.

Now for the other two American League playoff teams.

The Angels wordmark had some gray around it. I got rid of that and brought white out so the letters would look better on the jersey.

BL-Halos.gif

The White Sox are one of those teams that already has a black jersey. So simply created another one with 'Chicago' written across the front. If the Colorado Rockies have taught us anything, it's to never let a road jersey keep you from wearing your black alternate at home.

BL-ChiSox.gif

I think the number on the front of the White Sox jersey would look better if it's completely white.

WhiteSoxBL.gif

Here is the revised version. It's funny that you bring that up because I actually started with this one and I decided at the end to make the numbers black. Do you still think it looks better?

WhiteSoxBL.gif

Here is the revised version. It's funny that you bring that up because I actually started with this one and I decided at the end to make the numbers black. Do you still think it looks better?

Yes, it definitely looks better (at least in my opinion). Maybe add some piping at the end of the sleeves. Other than that, it looks good!

LB2nd.png

chicagowhitesox.pngchicagobears.pngchicagobulls.pngchicagoblackhawks.pngchicagofire.png

The only team of the four done so far that have anything at all to do with black is the Red Sox

What do the Red Sox have to do with black?

Nothing, other than the dark cap they wear.

What do most of these teams have to do with black? Answer? Nothing. I think he discovered MS Paint and got a little happy with it.

Like I explained before, I know that most of these teams have nothing to do with black. But I wanted to include all the teams. I would appreciate it if you READ the first post from now on.

The only team of the four done so far that have anything at all to do with black is the Red Sox

What do the Red Sox have to do with black?

Nothing, other than the dark cap they wear.

What do most of these teams have to do with black? Answer? Nothing. I think he discovered MS Paint and got a little happy with it.

Like I explained before, I know that most of these teams have nothing to do with black. But I wanted to include all the teams. I would appreciate it if you READ the first post from now on.

The comment made about the Red Sox was in response to when you said that "The only team of the four done so far that have anything at all to do with black is the Red Sox".

He was asking you what they had to do with black, because they don't. The comment wasn't trying to mock your design, just asking for clarification on how you thought the Sox had anything to do with black.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Archived