MLB Blackout Project

JayJaxon

/* Hello World program */

#include<stdio.h>

main()
{
printf("Hello World");

}

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

54f86ed5fedcc8ab8ad4e1ekf6.jpg

That's C+C, version 2.0. The first one was much better...with the girl lip syncing Martha Wash.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

The only team of the four done so far that have anything at all to do with black is the Red Sox

What do the Red Sox have to do with black?

Nothing, other than the dark cap they wear.

What do most of these teams have to do with black? Answer? Nothing. I think he discovered MS Paint and got a little happy with it.

Like I explained before, I know that most of these teams have nothing to do with black. But I wanted to include all the teams. I would appreciate it if you READ the first post from now on.

Why did ya feel the need to go in and add that line to my quote when I never put it in there in the first place? Uh? I didn't put that because it doesn't make sense. They wear navy blue, not black. Don't go putting words in people's mouth, unless for humorous effect (as most of us have done), which was not the case here.

This is the last I am going to speak on this subject because I don't need to nor do I care to explain myself to any of you that don't care about what people create, but just about what the next smart*** comment you can make. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO COMMENT ON THE WORK, DON'T COMMENT AT ALL. This site is the worst of any I have ever seen as far as people trying to cut others down with their stupid comments that have nothing to do with the work. Just shut up from now on.

This hat is the Red Sox Spring training cap. It's Navy Blue

pMLB2-3514787dt.jpg

DOES THIS LOOK BLUE TO YOU? LOOK BEFORE YOU COMMENT

pMLB2-3536861dt.jpg

This is the last I am going to speak on this subject because I don't need to nor do I care to explain myself to any of you that don't care about what people create, but just about what the next smart*** comment you can make. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO COMMENT ON THE WORK, DON'T COMMENT AT ALL. This site is the worst of any I have ever seen as far as people trying to cut others down with their stupid comments that have nothing to do with the work. Just shut up from now on.

pMLB2-3514787dt.jpg

pMLB2-3536861dt.jpg

Yes... not only does it look blue but it is blue. Not sure if ColorWerx reads the concepts forum all that often, but if he does I'm sure he could back up the claim that both hats you posted are exactly the same shade of blue, just on two different types of fabric.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I think people are just getting tired of the "junk" on the boards. The quality of the work on this board has gone down hill in recent years from the newer members that don't exactly "get" what the board is about. Most of us yearn to see something new, a custom from scratch logo, a new template, a new uniform design idea, and other work that appears "effort" was put into it. If you don't like the site, then leave- maybe there is another site that will be amazed at being able to click the paint brush and fill in a uniform. Most of us don't need to see things like this...we can easily picture a uniform being black.

It just gets on my nerves when I open something and see that little to no effort was involved. If you have started many threads and received minimal positive C+C or very few, then that is probably a sign that you aren't taking the time and putting effort into your work. Everyone doesn't start out being great in design, but we can all see (and it has happened before) where new members/designers post design concepts with ORIGINAL work from MS Paint or even a scanned sketch and receive great compliments...that is what I believe this board is interested in and is trying to achieve.

This blackout project...obviously planned to be released a few teams at a time over a LONG period (which is again, gets bumped and knocks out other concepts more worthy of viewing and C&C), could quickly be done in about 15-20 minutes for EVERY team providing the person had the logos already. If they didn't, then about 25 mins.

pMLB2-3514787dt.jpg

pMLB2-3536861dt.jpg

If that's black, then here are some other teams that evidently wear black:

Mariners

Twins

Cardinals

Tigers

Indians

Yankees

Nationals

and your beloved Braves

And I guess the Brewers, too. Although there's is a slightly different shade. Maybe that just makes theirs extra black.

Wow, I had no idea about the black invasion of baseball uniforms. I think that completely legitimizes this blackout. My bad.

I think people are just getting tired of the "junk" on the boards. The quality of the work on this board has gone down hill in recent years from the newer members that don't exactly "get" what the board is about. Most of us yearn to see something new, a custom from scratch logo, a new template, a new uniform design idea, and other work that appears "effort" was put into it. If you don't like the site, then leave- maybe there is another site that will be amazed at being able to click the paint brush and fill in a uniform. Most of us don't need to see things like this...we can easily picture a uniform being black.

It just gets on my nerves when I open something and see that little to no effort was involved. If you have started many threads and received minimal positive C+C or very few, then that is probably a sign that you aren't taking the time and putting effort into your work. Everyone doesn't start out being great in design, but we can all see (and it has happened before) where new members/designers post design concepts with ORIGINAL work from MS Paint or even a scanned sketch and receive great compliments...that is what I believe this board is interested in and is trying to achieve.

This blackout project...obviously planned to be released a few teams at a time over a LONG period (which is again, gets bumped and knocks out other concepts more worthy of viewing and C&C), could quickly be done in about 15-20 minutes for EVERY team providing the person had the logos already. If they didn't, then about 25 mins.

I agree 100%. I have told this to a lot of people (in a less explained way), just someone manages to get all worked up with cries of "If you don't like it, then don't post!" I would rather see a terrible design in a creative manner, something that can be improved upon, then a pointless thread like this one, a recoloring.

Sometimes I wish there was a thread stickied at the top of this forum just saying "IF YOU WANT TO MAKE A CONCEPT, DON'T JUST RECOLOR!". Since they often get so many posts, like this one, they take posts away from good threads, the ones that deserve C+C.

Archived