New Football Templates

Davidson

so i only had a couple of crappy football templates previously, and i found myself with an hour or two so i took a crack

at making a new one and thought id share.

as you can see the helmet the players are wearing are from an existing helmet template. i basically attempted to extend

it to a whole body shot using the same sort of style.

ive roughly slapped on some of my stock standard logos to illustrate how it works with stuff.

ill probably hand it out to people who want a copy when im done with it, but i thought id just let

you guys have a look in the mean time.

hope you like it.

fd

test_template.png

:o I want that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But seriously, I'm currently working on a little project and I'd love a template different than the normal one most people use. When you're done, can you send it to mooseec22@yahoo.com

Awesome job davidson

One thing I think that could make it look better is if you outstretched the non-ball hand to form more of a stiff arm position. It just looks really unnatural for some reason and kind of girly like "PLEASE DONT HIT ME"

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

As a creator of quite a few action templates myself, I must say that this here is VERY nicely done. (I could never in my life get that detailed with my stuff...so major props for going there.)

You got a fan here.

(Off-note: the "28" on the shoulder is facing the wrong way.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

yeah i just stuck some numbers on, obviously you could spend a bit more time messing around to

get the correct perspective.

will do my league thing and then deal out the template to whoever wants it.

its vector only for this one im afraid.

i think they look great, very realistic looking. i especially like the tape over the players ankle, little details like that show you put a lot of time and effort into it. i'll be sure to check back in and get the template when it is released...pretty easy to work with so far?

yeah very easy mate.

the top layer is made out of an outline and a grade (as you can see)

beneath those is the colour/ design layer so you just lock off the top

then you only have one layer to worry about.

then all you do is change the colors etc as you can see below.

progression.png

bears.png

Beautiful, Fraser. I'm truly envious of your illustrator skills, something nearly this nice would've taken me days :D Did you free hand this or use a reference photo?

ta,

got some xl images of google image search. helmet is obviously an old template, the torso and legs are from different people.

just wanted the guy to be 3/4 turned in the top half.

its really really simple to make something like this. requires no skill really, just 2/3 hours.

Beautiful! The main thing that has kept me from doing an action template, is that I can't find a good reference picture. There just aren't a lot of natural positions, that still show the important parts of a uniform (numbers, sleeves, collar, side of pants...) This one does show most of the essential pieces, and looks great.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Beautiful! The main thing that has kept me from doing an action template, is that I can't find a good reference picture. There just aren't a lot of natural positions, that still show the important parts of a uniform (numbers, sleeves, collar, side of pants...) This one does show most of the essential pieces, and looks great.

totally, took me ages and i had to use three separate parts.

the best search word on xl google image search for potential shots is "touchdown". had 4/5 really good images.

I ran into that same problem. Shoot--I still am. (Oh I ain't tell y'all I'm working on yet another round yet have I???) But if you can find some really good decent-sized photos, you can sort of interpolate some of the finer lines and details.

I'll tell you what else helps...having a variey of jerseys. For those who ain't noticed, some of my stuff has different jersey cuts/seams/paneling and whatnot. Same thing for different sports. Of course...the real challenge, aside from actually taking the time to trace them photos into a template, is figuring out how to get everything to work right--layers and such--to get it as user-friendly as possible.

But back to Davidson...I'm still in awe of this here. Two big ol' thumbs up. (Oh, and Rollin...um, yeah, I think the bar is being increasignly pushed up here. :D )

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

As someone who is working on a template or templates to release to the community, I have to give this one two energetic thumbs up. I love how you simply just made one layer over another. As far as finding reference pictures, yeah that's always been the problem with templates, I want action shots and finding proper ones is difficult. I've actually found some and am working on one now that I have some time on my hands after finishing school and starting to look for a graphics job somewhere! :lol: I've always wanted to give back to the community, so this is one way I can. It won't be as simple as this template, but oh well. :lol:

Archived