Conceptual Design - Carolina Hurricanes

JQK

It's a nice clean jersey design. The double-flag secondary logo is very good, too. But the main logo just looks too plain to me.

By the way, nice choice for the player name. B)

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

For no reason at all I immediately thought the primary looked like Sonic the Hedgehog spinning and getting ready to shoot forward...IDK. I really like the primary, and I love how simple it is, I think thats a positive thing. I agree that the secondary needs a better way of showing those flags. As followers/designers/fans of sports logos we will automatically try to read those as letters when placed like that, and I think there is probably a better way to place them anyway. The wordmark is very nice, I like the way you did that. Slanted was the way to go. I also like the jerseys a lot. I like how the most prominent colors are Red and Gray. Not too many teams use Gray as their second most prominent color. It gets them away from the Blackhawks, Flames, Devils, and Senators. Nice work.

I like this. It seems as though the primary is missing something though...

The alternate is good, but it looks to me like it says OJ...

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

It's harder than one thinks to try and graphically represent a tight-spinning mass of thunderstorms. :D

I tried to simplify everything, show the storm, try and get that spinning feel, and not have it be all over the place.

Their current logo looks like a pill. I wanted to change that.

The secondary i wasn't really happy with. in my head it looked alot better than what actually came out. i may just do an update of the stick-flag secondary.

With the uniforms i wanted to simplify those, and distinguish them from the other red/black uniforms out there. I felt that the gray would work in that capacity, and give a uniqueness to the uniforms.

I'll post a secondary update in a day or so.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

The uniforms look nice, it's just the logos don't really compliment them. The Primary looks stale, kind of bland in a sense. I like the current logo they use because of the colors mixed in. Your's reminds me of a soda can with edges sticking out, especially with the lack of color. The secondary has potential. The black in the background looks nice, but it took me a while to realize what the things covering it were. I like the wordmark a lot, though it would look better with the black hurriacne used in the secondary. The font looks "strong" and could easily work. It's not a bad concept, it just needs some slight changes and it would look good.

yankeessigob9.png

I like how clean everything is, but to me it looks less like a hurricane than what they have now. It actuall kind of looks like a toilet seat to me. I think it would be cool to see if you could make it a black puck and a hurricane at the same time since what you have is so close to puck shape anyways. just an idea. I do love the wordmark in the 3rd logo and the way that one is arranged with the hurricane behind it.

Archived