What corporate look is the most timeless?

BlueSky

I'd put the "timeless" logos into three tiers:

1 . Icons that are easily identifiable without any text. In that group, I'd put:

Nike

McDonald's

Shell (I was actually thinking about that one while pumping gas a few weeks ago)

Volkswagen

BMW

Mercedes

Chevrolet

NBC

CBS

Playboy

GE

Motorola

Texaco

Mitsubishi

Target

Prudential

If Apple doesn't change again for a looooong time, it will join this group.

2. Logos that incorporate text but would be easily identified if the text was written in another language, or even complete gibberish. I'd ID those as:

Coca-Cola

Ford

Disney

GM

ABC

Harley Davidson

3. Logos that shouldn't ever need to change, but might not be identifiable without the text:

STP

3M

Kellogg's

Mobil

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

marlboro-red.jpg

I couldn't disagree more about this one. I think that looks way out of date. Most cigarettes could use rebranding IMO.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

victorinox-logo.gif

Although it is often confused with the Wenger logo

Wenger is owned by Victorianox now.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Okay, bad choice of words - corporate/business logo. Eventhough the church asks for money from their patrons, they're a religion and not a business in the same sense that Coca Cola is. :P

Some might disagree.

I can think of one logo more recognizable throughout human history.

05_08_10---Cross-at-Sunset_web.jpg

I was just about to post something very similar.

404px-Christian_cross.svg.png

So I did anyway.

But I wonder, why did you get your image from a Klan site?

What?

Edit: Wow. I swear, I didn't even notice that. I Googled "the cross" and just chose that image.

Second edit: Found the same image, from a different site. Reposted.

Coca-Cola, GE, Kellogg's. There are plenty of logo's that will stand the test of time.

I would like to add a quinesential Canadian logo to the list: CN. Created in 1960, it was a design ahead of it's time. It still looks modern today and will continue to remain modern for decades to come.

The CN logo:

CNLogo.jpg

victorinox-logo.gif

Although it is often confused with the Wenger logo

Wenger is owned by Victorianox now.

True, but there is still that logo out there. And it's "Victorinox", not "Victorianox"

Wow. I never noticed the lack of "a" at the end - I've been saying it wrong for years!

Coca-Cola, GE, Kellogg's. There are plenty of logo's that will stand the test of time.

I would like to add a quinesential Canadian logo to the list: CN. Created in 1960, it was a design ahead of it's time. It still looks modern today and will continue to remain modern for decades to come.

The CN logo:

...image removed...

If by ahead of it's time you mean that it looks straight out of the late '70s - early '80s, then I'd agree. As for the rest of your sentance, I totally disagree.

Archived