What corporate look is the most timeless?

BlueSky

I have my own candidate for the most enduring look, one that's as fresh now as when it was introduced, and want to see others' nominees too. Please indicate what year the look was introduced when you post.

Here's mine, rolled out in 1968 and basically unchanged since:

AmericanAirlinesLogo.jpg

2257507154_c759bb4cd8.jpg

AA's logo, colors, and image are still outstanding even after 40 years of use. I purposely used an old 727 pic because I like the 'silvertail' look. Newer aircraft have composite tail structures and are painted gray, like on the plane at the next gate in the pic.

More nominees?

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I would say Coca-Cola, it was created in 1885, and while the label's have changed, the coca-cola wordmark has always remained the same, and still looks great, and unlike pepsi (Who has changed their wordmark a few times in the past 15 years, including for 2009), coca-cola knows how to go back to a simplier looking label and still look good.

lg_new_coke_logo.jpg

Having work in the oil & gas industry and seen some of the awful crap being used as logos, I have a great appreciation for Shell.

shell-logo-large.gif

Simple and solid, it makes the other major companies look like clown shoes (c'mon Chevron. Gradients? Really?).

I think some have to be considered, though I am not able to pick the top one of all of them. We must mention McDonalds, Ford, Coke, Apple, Disney, Nike, abc, and yes BlueSky, American Airlines. I would love to see UPS in that mix, but they went and funked that up.

Yes, the obvious ones, Coke, McD's, abc, and the others that have been mentioned. I'd have to add Texaco and FOX to that list. What about Denny's? I realize it's the greatest food, but it all looks the same. And what about ihop also? I will add a couple that you probably wouldn't think as coorperations, but what about MLB and the NBA?

I'd say that many of the production companies fall into this category. 20th Century Fox, Paramount, Columbia/Tri-Star , Universal, Warner Bros. and MGM are all pretty darn recognizable. They've been updated, but they've remained basically the same over the years.

Of course, Coke is probably at the top of the list, followed by Nike.

spacer.png

It's a network that only shows one show I like (not counting football), but CBS has a great logo.

cbs_eye.jpg

To think the CBS eye has been around since 1951 and is still going strong.

Also, I think other iconic logos include Coca-Cola, McDonald's, Amoco (too bad they're dead), and the pre-2009 iteration of the Pepsi globe (it's only had that name since 1997's "GeneratioNEXT" campaign, FYI)

ffsfasfd.gifsigyj5.png

Agreed with Coke (the best no doubt), American Airlines, Shell, CBS, VW and Apple. I love oil company logos so agreed with Texaco, also Mobil's pegasus, Valvoline's V and Gulf's orange circle.

Edit: One other one I found in another thread in this Forum:

sherwinwilliams_2.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Yes on Windows, except MS keeps updating it -- making it smoother and the like. The basic shape and colors are ubiquitous the world over and have endured since the late 80's and it certainly looks like it could stand another 20 years.

My vote is for Morton salt:

salt.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived