Is the Buffaslug dead?

Buffalo

The Sabres recently re-designed their website, and there's barely any sign of the slug.

And there's actually a sign of....gasp...SABRES!

And yes, Braden. You should be offended. You should always be offended. There are lots of mean and nasty people who say lots of mean and nasty things.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I'm curious, and this may have been asked before, but would there have been as much opposition to the Buffaslug if it had been introduced initially as a secondary? It's a horrible idea as a primary logo, but I don't loathe it as much as a secondary mark.

I'm curious, and this may have been asked before, but would there have been as much opposition to the Buffaslug if it had been introduced initially as a secondary? It's a horrible idea as a primary logo, but I don't loathe it as much as a secondary mark.

On the shoulders, it wouldn't be so bad. In fact, they could have gone the route the Thrashers have with their alt, and had sleeve stripes follow the curvature of the slug. Still, it would have been inferior to the B-sword, even as a secondary logo.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• 1 month later...

DING DONG THE SLUG IS (SEEMINGLY) DEAD:

My final piece of news for the night is sort of a follow-up to Wednesday's late night postregarding the classic Buffalo Sabres logo continuing to appear atcenter ice. It's good news for fans who've been awaiting the imminentdeath of that awful yellow logo which debuted in 2006.The final nail in the coffin may have come straight from the mouthof Buffalo bigwig Larry Quinn early today. Icethetics reader Kevinwrote in today with this report.

Hey Chris,

Larry Quinn, managing partner of the Buffalo Sabres was on LeafsLunch with Bill Watters on AM 640 Toronto today. He let slip that theSabres are migrating to wearing the retro sweaters full time. Audioisn't up on the website yet, but I'm sure it will be soon. Thoughtyou'd like to know. Goodbye Buffaslug!

Kevin

I'm sure you guys can keep an eye (ear) out for that but it iscertainly positive news. I think we'd all be better of if they justlistened to John Slabyk in the first place. But we should all be grateful for the little victories where we can get them.

That's all for tonight.

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2009/9/10/preds-3rd-launch-date-more.html

IeHVybT.png

Looks like one more year of the Slug. The Sabres won't do anything till their 40th season, which is 10-11 season. So we get the slug this year, and then probalby a redesigned road jersey for the next season. I know Larry Quinn said the last time the Sabres will ever wear the old white jersey was the Winter Classic, so I guess they won't bring that back.

n0fd1z6xmhigb0eej3323ebwq.gifi40oxcdbo7xtfamqqhqachoyo.gif

As a Penguins fan I can offer some hope. It took a long time, but it seems as if the robo-penguin (or hummingbird depending on who you're speaking to) is finally history. Perhaps the slug will take its rightful place next to it along with mooterus and the flaming horse from Calgary.

Sure--a Buffalo, a Bull and a horse--that fits.

All deserving of retirement--and now Barney Rubble gets his hair back full time.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived