Is the Buffaslug dead?

Buffalo

We all know about the 3rd jersey (which, I think is still a shame---what was wrong with the real retro design???)

Most of us know about the center ice logo.

Now it seems the Sabres are using the vintage crest as their official mark---

422-SPORTS_USA_HOCKEY.standalone.prod_affiliate.50.jpg

This is from today's press conference announcing the world junior hockey championships are coming to Buffalo.

Hopefully by the time the tournament has run its course in 2010-11, the old Sabres logo will be the official primary mark.

Thoughts???

Is the Buffaslug dead?

Yes.

They are just waiting for the green light by league managers to make it official. Unlike Oklahoma City, Buffalo doesn't need to protest about the primary logo of one of their teams anymore. The message has been heared.

Is the Buffaslug dead?

Yes.

They are just waiting for the green light by league managers to make it official. Unlike Oklahoma City, Buffalo doesn't need to protest about the primary logo of one of their teams anymore. The message has been heared.

Wait, what????? Seriously? The slug is dead? Source? Blog? Give a brotha something to go on!

Whenever they make it official, that day should be a national freaking holiday!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

As a Penguins fan I can offer some hope. It took a long time, but it seems as if the robo-penguin (or hummingbird depending on who you're speaking to) is finally history. Perhaps the slug will take its rightful place next to it along with mooterus and the flaming horse from Calgary.

"Purists will bitch and whine, but so what? Purists will Always bitch and whine. That is their function. Res Ipsa Loquitur."

-HST

Is the Buffaslug dead?

Not according to the Portland Pirates.

Whaaa?

I haven't seen the Pirates uniform, but does it have the Slug on the shoulder or something? That would be a travesty, YARRRGHHHH!

They do. But they aren't both facing forward which sucks for the left shoulder...

gerbe_2.jpg

The Pirates' special cancer-awareness jersey had a 1996-2006 Sabres jersey flair to it...

PinkJersey_BouckKostka.jpg

We all know about the 3rd jersey (which, I think is still a shame---what was wrong with the real retro design???)

Most of us know about the center ice logo.

Now it seems the Sabres are using the vintage crest as their official mark---

422-SPORTS_USA_HOCKEY.standalone.prod_affiliate.50.jpg

This is from today's press conference announcing the world junior hockey championships are coming to Buffalo.

Hopefully by the time the tournament has run its course in 2010-11, the old Sabres logo will be the official primary mark.

Thoughts???

Really odd to use that logo unless they're making some subtle changes in terms of what's primary and what's not without actually coming out and being official about it. This by itself wouldn't give me much to go on. But coupled with center ice at the HSBC and a few other examples (online), it's getting to be more and more prevalent.

Is the Buffaslug dead?

Not according to the Portland Pirates.

Whaaa?

I haven't seen the Pirates uniform, but does it have the Slug on the shoulder or something? That would be a travesty, YARRRGHHHH!

They do. But they aren't both facing forward which sucks for the left shoulder...

It works fine as long as they keep spinning counter clockwise...

Now let me say this...it take some big ol' PACHYDERM gonads to be able to skate around in THAT!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Now let me say this...it take some big ol' PACHYDERM gonads to be able to skate around in THAT!

They beat my Wilkes-Barre/Scranton squad wearing those.

So what is worse?

Wearing those jerseys?

Or being the team that got defeated by the team wearing those jerseys?

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

So what is worse?

Wearing those jerseys?

Ooh! I know I know! Being the guy who's so insecure that he can't see past the charitable significance of those jerseys?

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

So what is worse?

Wearing those jerseys?

Ooh! I know I know! Being the guy who's so insecure that he can't see past the charitable significance of those jerseys?

he clearly wasn't being serious

[quote name=JQK' post='1047882' date='Sunday, November 2nd, 2008

he clearly wasn't being serious

It's ok. Shmee's a Rangers fan, and as such, is retarded, and doesn't have the mental capacity to place anything into context. You have to talk very slowly to him so that he may understand.

I t ' s - o k - S h m e e, - i - a m - s o r r y - t h a t - i - h a v e - o f f e n d e d - y o u.

W o u l d - y o u - l i k e - t o - g o - t o - t h e - z o o?

:P

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

• 8 months later...

Archived