Mike Smith at it again

twi

After retiring the Saw V mask to charity, Mike Smith is again wearing a non-team themed mask. I've only seen glimpses of it during the broadcast of the game but it appears to have the white bolt on the top center and all 30 NHL team logos in white on a black background. Additionally, the (his) left side of it has a Canadian flag design. The words "Lest We Forget" are on the backplate. Will post pics if they become available.

For those keeping score at home, this is mask #3 for Smith this year.

After retiring the Saw V mask to charity, Mike Smith is again wearing a non-team themed mask. I've only seen glimpses of it during the broadcast of the game but it appears to have the white bolt on the top center and all 30 NHL team logos in white on a black background. Additionally, the (his) left side of it has a Canadian flag design. The words "Lest We Forget" are on the backplate. Will post pics if they become available.

For those keeping score at home, this is mask #3 for Smith this year.

08smith3_full.jpg

2004RedSox.png

Ooh! Ooh! I get to make the joke!

"That should work out to about one mask per win on average."

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Turco is killing me fantasy wise and I picked up Smith so he better bail me out! He's been playing solid this season so I dont care what mask he wears, as long as he wins!

I thinks its a neat idea though, there all going to charity arent they? So its a good cause but I hope it doesnt catch on as a new trend for goalies.

beLEAF

Yeah, its to bad you didnt have him to throw in net the other night against the bruins.. I hear that wasn't the first time Turco has faultered this year?

He has been horrible all year. NOt all his fault defense has been bad to.

I really hope they turn everything around ...

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

smitty is nearing langenbrunner like status among stars fans, in terms of most popular former-star playing against us.

i love the guy.

Smith only played 43 odd games for the Stars. Holy hell people are dumb down there.

Langs wasn't a backup goalie, and played more than 43 odd games over two seasons.

Next thing I'll be hearing is that Roman Turek is considered a god.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

smitty is nearing langenbrunner like status among stars fans, in terms of most popular former-star playing against us.

i love the guy.

Smith only played 43 odd games for the Stars. Holy hell people are dumb down there.

Langs wasn't a backup goalie, and played more than 43 odd games over two seasons.

We like a hockey player and we are dumb?

You would think we were the fans who support a team who hasn't had a sniff of the cup in 40 years.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

i love the guy.

You would think we were the fans who support a team who hasn't had a sniff of the cup in 40 years.

And yet he makes fun of the Sens for not winning a cup in 16 or so years. He and Senators fans are in the same boat really, having never watched their team win the Cup.

I think it makes sense that the Stars fans really liked Smth for the time he was there and wish to see him do well in Tampa.

i love the guy.

Its called being a "fan". So everyone who supports a team that has not won something in a long time is wasting their time? I'm sure every league should not have any fans for most of the teams.

The logic behind your decision to support a player you never really got to see play is kind of strange. You barely got to see him and yet you see him in the same light as someone who was there for a longer time and actually won you guys something. It is stupid. It is like saying Hossa is as great as Lemieux in Pittsburgh. I just think that comparison is a bad one to make.

And I dislike the Sens for other reasons. Its just one of the ways I rib the fans, by saying Tampa and Anaheim won in less time than Ottawa will.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

actually, roman turek is one of my favorite players, too :)

and smitty was more than just a backup goalie. what he did in the community and in the team endeared him to stars fans. a lot of stars fans wanted him to stay and possibly let turco go, though the smarter of us realized that if we were going to win anything in the next year or two, it would be with turco.

we wish the guy well. you're a "real fan" because you stick by a team that never wins anything. we're "real fans" because we cheer on guys who we've watched develop from the draft to starting goalie.

i know it's hip to rag on southern hockey fans, but if you think mike smith's play and personality endearing him to his fanbase makes us "dumb" hockey fans, then you can keep your idiotic and offensive opinions to yourself.

i stand by my statement, too.

langenbrunner did much more for the team than mike smith. but smith was still very popular among the fan base for whatever reason. also, i said he's nearing that level (which also had quite a bit to do with turco's struggles this season), not surpassing that level.

wendel clark is a fan favorite in toronto. so is wade belak, for some reason. fan favorites aren't based entirely on stats. smith was our backup goalie for 2 years, and in our organization since 2001. who are you to say he can't be a fan favorite here?

actually, roman turek is one of my favorite players, too :)

and smitty was more than just a backup goalie. what he did in the community and in the team endeared him to stars fans. a lot of stars fans wanted him to stay and possibly let turco go, though the smarter of us realized that if we were going to win anything in the next year or two, it would be with turco.

we wish the guy well. you're a "real fan" because you stick by a team that never wins anything. we're "real fans" because we cheer on guys who we've watched develop from the draft to starting goalie.

i know it's hip to rag on southern hockey fans, but if you think mike smith's play and personality endearing him to his fanbase makes us "dumb" hockey fans, then you can keep your idiotic and offensive opinions to yourself.

i stand by my statement, too.

langenbrunner did much more for the team than mike smith. but smith was still very popular among the fan base for whatever reason. also, i said he's nearing that level (which also had quite a bit to do with turco's struggles this season), not surpassing that level.

wendel clark is a fan favorite in toronto. so is wade belak, for some reason. fan favorites aren't based entirely on stats. smith was our backup goalie for 2 years, and in our organization since 2001. who are you to say he can't be a fan favorite here?

Well thank you on adding to what Mike Smith did down there apart from riding the bench for 3/4 of the over the past two seasons.

I just can't see you putting a player who did nothing in the same light with one who did, it would be like comparing Hagman to Modano or Comrie to Gretzky in terms in endearing themselves to their team. It just defies logic. I never said you COULD NOT like the guy, just don't compare him to Nieuwendyk or Hull or Belfour or even Langenbrunner, players who have a place in Stars history.

See my issue with that? By all means like the guy, but when all of a sudden someone goes "omgz, so and so is as cool as superstar legend because he having better stats than our goalie is this season" it kind of irks me. Seems like you are just a fan of him because he is doing well while your team is not.

But seriously, Belak fans bug me. Its like supporting the village idiot because there is nothing better to do. Sure he had a personality, but we'd only see it twice a season when he'd actually play.

Now that we get each other, are we cool?

And Zig, my dislike for the Sens is deep rooted. It does not just resolve around that, but I told Chris I'd stop that, so I'm sticking to my word.

Wheelhouse, you're just bitter because I chewed you out a few times during the playoffs last year and made you look as dumb as you are, so keep your mouth shut. You always attack me no matter what I say now, so buzz off.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Archived