A New View

capn89

And so it is; it comes to an end. A project began, given up on, forgotten, gotten back to and some how completed. 90 jerseys, no, uniforms, finished on schedule, in 2008. I give you my final 9.

The Phoenix Coyotes

PHO2G.png

The San Jose Sharks

SJS3G.png

The St. Louis Blues

STL5G.png

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great series!

And as far as the last three concepts are concerned, I love the white shoulders on the Blues alt, but I'm not fond of the wordmarks on the front of the other two alternates.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Great series!

And as far as the last three concepts are concerned, I love the white shoulders on the Blues alt, but I'm not fond of the wordmarks on the front of the other two alternates.

I appreciate the comments. I'm not sure how I feel about the Coyotes alternate myself, but I'm pretty pleased with the way the Sharks turned out. Perhaps I can do something a bit different in the future for the Yotes, or both.

Wow, that's awesome! I didn't know you could put custom jerseys into a game like that.

And on a side-note, I like the striping you used on the Coyotes alt, and the home and aways for Phoenix are some of my favourites.

How hard is it for you to put your home-made jerseys into the game like that?

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

Wow, that's awesome! I didn't know you could put custom jerseys into a game like that.

And on a side-note, I like the striping you used on the Coyotes alt, and the home and aways for Phoenix are some of my favourites.

Well I do these for NHL 2002 format. From what I've heard it's a little harder with the newer games. Everything after 2004 or 2005.

Do you have all the jerseys you've made uploaded into the game already?

No I don't. I only have it set up right now to install over one team, just so I can save, access and get shots of faster. Are there any teams you want to see in game, specifically?

That Lightning alternate logo reminds me of the OKC Thunder a little bit. But these are awesome, thanks for finishing.

Is it the triangular shape? I don't follow basketball all that closely, but I didn't think they used a bolt in their logo. I could be wrong, though. Thanks for the comments.

No I don't. I only have it set up right now to install over one team, just so I can save, access and get shots of faster. Are there any teams you want to see in game, specifically?

I wouldn't mind seeing either the red or black Senators jerseys with the stripes down the arms. I'm curious as to how they would actually look being worn.

As with the initial batch on uniforms, this last set is very well done. My favorites are the Maple Leafs and the Coyotes and Blues. You definately have a great eye for uniform designs. This entire set could be a pretty good replacement for the leagues actual look currently being used. These concepts threads are very interesting to me. I'm starting to do some of my own concepts but I'm not quite to the point of being ready to post yet. I hope to get to that point some day. But in the meantime I look foreward to your next designs.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

Well I do these for NHL 2002 format. From what I've heard it's a little harder with the newer games. Everything after 2004 or 2005.

I've been toying with 2007, and while there's an extra step in the process, it's really not that hard.

EXCEPT for the Letters and Numbers which need to be in a separate flei, which I just can't be bothered with (... yet ...)

It may be worth picking up, there are a couple of very sweet templates availble for it, and the in-game resolution is very good. Especially faces...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Great series!

I appreciate the comments. I'm not sure how I feel about the Coyotes alternate myself, but I'm pretty pleased with the way the Sharks turned out. Perhaps I can do something a bit different in the future for the Yotes, or both.

LOVE the Yotes!!! Very NCAA!!!

As for the Sharks, I love the trims, I would play with proportions of Logo vs. Wordmark, or just try one OR the other....

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

I wouldn't mind seeing either the red or black Senators jerseys with the stripes down the arms. I'm curious as to how they would actually look being worn.

I'll do those later on or tomorrow whenever I get some extended time.

As with the initial batch on uniforms, this last set is very well done. My favorites are the Maple Leafs and the Coyotes and Blues. You definately have a great eye for uniform designs. This entire set could be a pretty good replacement for the leagues actual look currently being used. These concepts threads are very interesting to me. I'm starting to do some of my own concepts but I'm not quite to the point of being ready to post yet. I hope to get to that point some day. But in the meantime I look foreward to your next designs.

Thank you very much for the comments, I really appreciate it. You shouldn't hold back from posting some of your own ideas. Best thing to do is post, take the comments and practice to work on your weaknesses. Hell I remember some of the god awful concepts I used to do (that aren't even existing in the evolution pics).

I've been toying with 2007, and while there's an extra step in the process, it's really not that hard.

EXCEPT for the Letters and Numbers which need to be in a separate flei, which I just can't be bothered with (... yet ...)

It may be worth picking up, there are a couple of very sweet templates availble for it, and the in-game resolution is very good. Especially faces...

My biggest problem is, my system can't really handle any of the newer games. lol My computer was "decent" 7 or 8 years ago when I bought it... now... it gets me by.

LOVE the Yotes!!! Very NCAA!!!

As for the Sharks, I love the trims, I would play with proportions of Logo vs. Wordmark, or just try one OR the other....

Do you think the word mark is too big/small or the logo is too big/small?

Now that reminds me of your old concepts, I love the In Game Views! Nice work on the Sharks. In a world where everybody is Eric Lindros??

lol, that's like a theme for a thread on the sports in general board. "In a world where everybody is Eric Lindros..." then fill in the blank. I'll bite.

In a world where everybody is Eric Lindros... no one wakes up.

KingsNucks04.png

Ah, how ive forgotten the unrealistically huge hits and slapstick playcalling of NHL2002.

It was good for its time, but over the top in many aspects. I actually enjoyed the color commentary in the game, though. I get REALLY bored when games take themselves too seriously, when all they are is games. Then again, I don't want something clown-ish either in a game that is supposed to 'simulate' real hockey, so I can understand the complaints. That's why I miss the NHL Hitz series. You play some EA, get your 'realistic' fix, then play hits and smash someone through the glass 8 times. I miss that arcade stuff.

Note to game makers; PLEASE MODERNIZE MUTANT HOCKEY! God I loved those games (Hockey and Mutant Football... Bones Jackson ftw)

Archived