A New View

capn89

your 3rd gen Nucks set disappoints me a little bit, I would've liked to see Johnny Canuck somewhere. The home/away design of that set is, however, a very nice update of your older work. the 3rd gen Wild third, likewise, good modification of the previous design.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
your 3rd gen Nucks set disappoints me a little bit, I would've liked to see Johnny Canuck somewhere. The home/away design of that set is, however, a very nice update of your older work. the 3rd gen Wild third, likewise, good modification of the previous design.

I've never been all that big a fan of Mr. Canuck, which is why he's nowhere to be found. :P Thanks for the comments.

Im not too much of a fan of your pens designs or your move back to the dual blues for them. More specific c&c would be to eliminate the shoulder patches from the two primary blue ones and make the inner circle of the crest on the white 2nd gen one white, but thats nitpicky...

On a good note, the blue third jersey is damn sexy. If it was real, Id buy it in a heartbeat.

oBIgzrL.png

Im not too much of a fan of your pens designs or your move back to the dual blues for them. More specific c&c would be to eliminate the shoulder patches from the two primary blue ones and make the inner circle of the crest on the white 2nd gen one white, but thats nitpicky...

On a good note, the blue third jersey is damn sexy. If it was real, Id buy it in a heartbeat.

I had such a hard time deciding what colors to use for the Penguins. I hate it when teams have primary colors, and then get away with an alternate jersey that has colors that have nothing to do with the home/away jerseys. So it was either go black/vegas, black/old gold, or powder/navy. I spent a while playing with all the color schemes and really liked the way all of them looked. My choice, since it was a stalemate, ultimately came down to trying to eliminate as much black from the league as possible. Thanks for the comments. I'll be sure to consider a different route the next time I get around to the Penguins.

Bump for anyone who wants to look at my crap.

NYR3G.png

More stuff in the table thing at the first post. Bye.

The Rangers are known as the 'Blueshirts', not sure the fans would be too thrilled about the red alt.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

(image removed)

The Rangers are known as the 'Blueshirts', not sure the fans would be too thrilled about the red alt.

True enough, but it was either two royal blue jerseys or navy, which I didn't want to do because I wanted to have all three uniforms use the same colors.

If I ever do end up finishing the remaining teams, it probably won't be any time soon. I think there are, what, 7 teams left to touch up? Hopefully I'll finish them, but as it looks right now it probably won't be happening.

Anyway, thanks to those of you who have (or will) viewed and commented. I hope you enjoyed the uniforms, love them or hate them.

Capn I seriously love looking at your jerseys from beginning to end, you have picked up many skills and haha im still trying to find out your designing ways, I think ive almost figured out everything. As for the D logo, its nice, Have you tried it with a circle background?

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

NAS3G.png

Now THIS is a Quality 3rd Jersey... unique enough without being outlandish...

I'd buy one of those!!!!

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Capn I seriously love looking at your jerseys from beginning to end, you have picked up many skills and haha im still trying to find out your designing ways, I think ive almost figured out everything. As for the D logo, its nice, Have you tried it with a circle background?

Thank you much. Once you've been playing around with designing jerseys as long as I have your skills will improve as well. I did try the D logo with the circle, but it didn't look all that good because of the half "O"-ness of the "D." That's why I went with a triangle.

NAS3G.png

Now THIS is a Quality 3rd Jersey... unique enough without being outlandish...

I'd buy one of those!!!!

Thanks a lot.

I finally got a chance to look through them all, and I can say that you a very creative capn. My favorites are the 3rd Gen Buffalo, they should be using that logo instead of the slug. The 1st Gen Hawks esp. the Alt sweater. I love the stars on the 2nd Gen Blue Jackets and the red Alt. I'm hoping they do a red alt in the future. The silver in the Red Wings 1st Gen is great, adds to a classy look. I love the looks of the new logos on the Devils sweaters, a great design. I know I'm in the minority in that I like the Islanders fisherman logo. And finally I've always liked the Lady Liberty logo the Rangers had and your 2nd Gen designs are great especially the red Alt. Overall you have done some outstanding work and I hope you do eventually finish the set.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

I finally got a chance to look through them all, and I can say that you a very creative capn. My favorites are the 3rd Gen Buffalo, they should be using that logo instead of the slug. The 1st Gen Hawks esp. the Alt sweater. I love the stars on the 2nd Gen Blue Jackets and the red Alt. I'm hoping they do a red alt in the future. The silver in the Red Wings 1st Gen is great, adds to a classy look. I love the looks of the new logos on the Devils sweaters, a great design. I know I'm in the minority in that I like the Islanders fisherman logo. And finally I've always liked the Lady Liberty logo the Rangers had and your 2nd Gen designs are great especially the red Alt. Overall you have done some outstanding work and I hope you do eventually finish the set.

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate the indepth reply and comments. I'm inching close and close to completion, which is a good thing.

I'm lovin that Oilers set, the old colors actually work very well here. that Leafs set, it's pretty hot in its own right, as it's clear your set has more rhyme and reason to it than the real things do. The detailed leaf, honestly I'd never thought it could work all that well as a crest, despite having seen it used that way in other concepts. Consider me finally convinced on that.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I'm lovin that Oilers set, the old colors actually work very well here. that Leafs set, it's pretty hot in its own right, as it's clear your set has more rhyme and reason to it than the real things do. The detailed leaf, honestly I'd never thought it could work all that well as a crest, despite having seen it used that way in other concepts. Consider me finally convinced on that.

Thanks for the comments. For the Leafs, I was kind of hoping the simplicity of the alternate jersey would work in concert with the complexity of the detailed leaf logo, to sort of make it stand out more.

Archived