Pet Peeves

WideRight

The monochrome uniform like the Saints and Ravens do. It doesn't look "tuff" or "badass", it looks stupid.

The low socks where you see a 350 lb lineman's hamhock. Nasty.....

Socks should be white.

When a player has his ankles taped, it should be in white tape, not black, not blue, etc.

Those black strips that players write something irrelevant and that no one gives a crap about it in the first place and put them under their eyes.

Dreadlocks sticking out from under the helmet.

Those sweatbands that are worn above the elbows that are just thin strips.

Just dreadlocks or any long hair covering the nameplate? Just checkin'...

Yeah that's what I was wondering...it look like me and Greg here might be thinking the same thing...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't stand the way today's athletes wear their uniforms. In baseball the classic socks have become almost non-existent. Some players don't button up their shirt or wear it seven sizes too big (Sabathia, Fielder).

In college sports every team wears the same god-awful cookie-cutter crap from Nike, Under Armour or adidas. They all look like rec league rejects. The basketball jerseys are now becoming skin-tight while the shorts look like the culottes my girlfriend wore in junior high school.

Logos, especially Minor League Hockey & Baseball that belong more on a Saturday-morning kids' TV show than on a professional uniform. And I can't stand those stupid singular, overly-dramatic team names (Storm, Thunder, Heat, Lightning-what is it? The weather bureau?)

And whatever happened to sleeves on a pro football jersey? What league do these behemoths think they're playing in? The AUSTRALIAN Football League? :cursing::mad:

The monochrome uniform like the Saints and Ravens do. It doesn't look "tuff" or "badass", it looks stupid.

Socks should be white.

When a player has his ankles taped, it should be in white tape, not black, not blue, etc.

Those black strips that players write something irrelevant and that no one gives a crap about it in the first place and put them under their eyes.

Your right, any long hair covering the nameplate.

ngl_nflhair_412.jpg

Peko-733015.jpg

Socks should be white.

Yeah that's what I was wondering...it look like me and Greg here might be thinking the same thing...

Yeah, and you are looking for something that ain't there. Move along.

The Cincinnati Bengals current uniforms

The Reds black billed road hat with the red billed batting helmet. Either drop the black bill or wear helmets with a black bill.

Football templates

Colored football pants with same color socks aka the "leotard" look

baggy baseball uniforms

gray facemasks that don't belong with the rest of the uniform

the disappearing football sleeve

the disappearing hem stripe in the NHL

HUGE shorts in college basketball

Wayne Chism's headband. There's no way that is keeping any sweat out of your eyes. It's not a yamukkah!

College Basketball teams not sticking with a uniform design for more than 3 years

The Detroit Red Wings C's and A's on the right breast of the jersey

The Atlanta Thrashers asymmetrical home uniforms

The entire Oklahoma City Thunder brand

Buffaslug

The Buffalo Bills current uniforms

The Indianapolis Colts shoulder stripes not wrapping all the way around the shoulder.

The Browns brown pants

the stripeless pants trend in the NFL

The Philadelphia Flyers black jerseys

Stripes on hockey socks that don't match any element on any other part of the jersey or pants.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Socks should be white.

Your right, any long hair covering the nameplate.

ngl_nflhair_412.jpg

Peko-733015.jpg

In my opinion this should not be allowed because the hair obstructs part of the jersey. These guys do not have to cut their hair, but they should have their hair worn in a way that does not obstruct the jersey.

In my opinion this should not be allowed because the hair obstructs part of the jersey. These guys do not have to cut their hair, but they should have their hair worn in a way that does not obstruct the jersey.

Unfortunately, in the N-F-Lookatme, this behavior is condoned on a weekly basis.

1st offense - $5,000.00 fine.

2nd offense - $10,000.00 fine.

3rd offense - Declared "Ineligible to Participate".

I agree, they don't have to cut it, just tuck it.

The funny thing, as recently as 2001, the long hair may not have been allowed. I may be a little off here, but I remember watching an XFL game, and they were talking about a player from the Pacific Islands. They mentioned how the player felt so relieved to be able to wear his hair long and out of his helmet, and how such a thing was not permissable in the NFL. A couple years later, along comes Al Harris. And as big a Packer fan as I am, I was always hoping someone would pull him down by his hair while he was returning a pick.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I agree, when it comes to the long hair in NFL, the TUCK rule II should be used!

In college, I hate the jerseys, such as Oklahoma, that has the team nickname written across it.

Now for baseball:

Yankees: Classic

Red Sox: Classic except for those red shirts, hideous

Orioles: Improved now that "Baltimore" will be on their road jerseys. Incidentally, the Brewers, Phillies, Angels, Rays & Cardinals also do not currently have their city name on their road uniforms, and I too wish they did.

Blue Jays: Ditch the black/graphite crap, get back to BLUE!!!!

Rays: Have "Tampa Bay" for the road unis.

Tigers: Classic

Indians: Classic too, but ditch the alternate uniforms (that goes for ALL teams)

Royals: Nice classy look since they ditched that black shadowing 3-D crap (black shadowing 3-D crap needs to go for ALL teams)

White Sox: Very classic, again ditch the black shirt alts

Twins: Love their current look, especially the TC caps again

Angels: Go back to "Anaheim" on the road unis, ditch the Los Angeles moniker, and go from red caps to navy w/the red brim

Rangers: They're ok, kind of boring and bland, but I can't think of anything to improve

Athletics: I like what they have now, but would prefer the kelly green over the dark forest green

Mariners: Pretty classic look, but I miss the forest green brim on their caps

Phillies: not fond of the creme alt unis, add Philadelphia to the road unis

Mets: Go back to blue caps, classic look used in the late 60s, ditch the black shadowing

Marlins: Bring back the aqua caps and the 1993 uni look

Braves: Ditch the fugly red alternates

Nationals: Go to navy blue caps and lettering, looks too much like the phillies, ditch the Walgreens W too

Brewers: Add Milwaukee to the road unis and bring back the ball & glove look permanently

Cubs: Classic, but ditch the red brimmed caps on the road

Cardinals: Very classic. Would love to see St. Louis on the road unis

Pirates: Ditch the red, otherwise nice

Astros: Horrible unis, go back to the 1994 set at least, although I loved the orange cap era

Reds: Ditch the black shadowing, I'd prefer the 1977 set

Dodgers: They're good now

Padres: Another set I dislike, Id like to see the brown & gold updated

Giants: Very classic

Diamondbacks: Bring back the purple uni set

Rockies: Good to go again ditch the black alternates (goes for all teams)

White at home, grey on the road.

Archived