NFL Redesign!

GoDawgs08

I started an NFL redesign in the summer, but I'm not going to lie I rushed through it and it wasn't my best work. I decided to go with a fresh start and try again.

I'm still using MS Paint, but I have tried my best to make solid work. There is some pixilation on a few.

Some of these designs are going to be very drastic and different, while some might just be subtle tweaks. The purpose for my redesign is to basically mirror my vision of what the NFL should look like.

*note, all jerseys and pants are theoretically interchangeable, I just show the primary sets.

*Yeah, I actually approve of the leotard look...most would shoot me down for it I know...dont be suprised If you see it often.

Cowboys- I'm a huge fan of the throwback set they use, and I'm definitely not a fan at all of their "traditional" look. The inconsistency in the colors and design bothers the heck out of me. I went with a simplified design, utilizing navy and white only. Its very similar to their throwback, minus the sock stripes and the stars on the shoulders. I also used the current helmet logo.

Cowboys.png

Redskins- I loved the "throwback style" uniforms from 2002, so I went with that look here. I dropped the busy striping though for something for subtle for the sleeves, and replaced the grey facemask with white. The pants design is what they have now, just different colors.

Redskins.png

Eagles- I tried to find a medium between the old Kelly Green and the Midnight Green. The green I used is substantially lighter than the green they use now, which makes a black alternate jersey more appropriate. I added a modern design that someways could tribute to the old Eagles jerseys with those busy silver striping patterns.

Eagles.png

Giants- I love the classic looking home set, but the difference in the home and road is too much. I tried to find a happy medium where both sets were more complimentary. I also hate their red alternates, because they look like practice jerseys, so I threw those out of the mix.

Giants.png

temp.png

Vikings- I recently posted this design as It was my first concept for the series. I didnt try to mess with their current look too much, but my intentions were to make a more compatable set of pants to go with the jerseys. I tweaked the jerseys and pants enough where they were interchangable.

Vikings.png

Packers- The Pack' have a great classic uniform, but somethings gotta give in an NFL redesign. I went with a more modern friendly gold, and simplified the jerseys...hopefully to keep a classic feel. I also decided against an alternate jersey or alternate set of pants.

Packers.png

Lions- I kinda went all out on this one. The Lions identity is just so boring to me (even though I'm a fan of the black alternates). In fact in my concept I went with more black! Also, I used that old prototype logo as opposed to the Lion emblem of today. This uniform is definitely busy, but what the heck the Lions are going 0-16...anything's possible right?!

Lions.png

Bears- I love the Bears road uniform. I could care less about their home set. I know most fans defend the history and integrity of both sets, but In my case I wasnt afraid to make a few tweaks. I went with a more consistent striping pattern for the home jersey....one that complimeents that AWESOME road set. I also did some wordmark and logo additions to make it appear more modern.

Bears.png

temp.png

You mostly did good work.

I especially liked the Cowboys, Redskins and Bears looks. HUGE upgrades. Only issue with the Skins' would be the white facemask. Have to go maroon there.

The Redskins could, potentially, have the best uniforms in the league, if they went with maroon/mustard full-time, with 3 sets of pants. Those things they continue to wear today, are way, way out-of-style and very tired looking. And, the maroon and gold would harken back to older days, so it wouldn't make too many of the "traditionalists" pucker too much.

Might have to go with a different helmet logo for the Skins though, besides the FSU spear. Maybe something else?

Sorry, but the only ones I like are the Cowboys and Vikings. I've always liked the 'Boys in blue and white, and the Vikings ones you fixed nicely. The Eagles aren't bad. Everything else I pretty much hate. The Giants and Packers jerseys look like a kiddy uniform or something they paid 2 dollars for. I'm cool with going traditional and not much on the jersey, but there's absolutely nothing on either of those, and that just won't fly with me.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

^I have to agree. Those two are definitely the standouts. As chesnutz already said, the Giants and Packers look pretty bad. Just...empty. I'm not a huge fan of those colors for the Pack. Since I know you are from the area, you might know of a high school called Grayson (in Snellville GA). They use those colors and the UGA "G" logo, this Packers concept ends up looking like their high school football uniforms. The Lions...just no. I think if they just removed black from their current striping it would be perfect. You used the exact same pants striping as the Vikings (at least change it a little) and it looks too cluttered at the shoulders, looks like an AFL jersey. In fact, the shoulders look exactly like a Russell template. And that logo is horrendous. The Eagles and Redskins are just ok, the Eagles is good but not necessarily better then their current unis. The Redskins are nothing special, you didn't do too much, and once again I don't think yellow-gold works. The Bears are fine, again nothing special, but I think it would look better if the pants stripe matches the arm stripe. The inconsistency bothers me.

The cowbiys is good, and the redskins are great (would be perfect with either a marron or gray facemask, not white). The others don't look very good. The Lions is way to busy and the packers and giants are to boring. Make the Lions less complicated and spice up the giants and pack.

jNTsTyQ.png

That Cowboys look is an instant classic, and I personally like what you did with the Eagles.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Vikings- I recently posted this design as It was my first concept for the series. I didnt try to mess with their current look too much, but my intentions were to make a more compatable set of pants to go with the jerseys. I tweaked the jerseys and pants enough where they were interchangable.

Vikings.png

Packers- The Pack' have a great classic uniform, but somethings gotta give in an NFL redesign. I went with a more modern friendly gold, and simplified the jerseys...hopefully to keep a classic feel. I also decided against an alternate jersey or alternate set of pants.

Packers.png

Lions- I kinda went all out on this one. The Lions identity is just so boring to me (even though I'm a fan of the black alternates). In fact in my concept I went with more black! Also, I used that old prototype logo as opposed to the Lion emblem of today. This uniform is definitely busy, but what the heck the Lions are going 0-16...anything's possible right?!

Lions.png

Bears- I love the Bears road uniform. I could care less about their home set. I know most fans defend the history and integrity of both sets, but In my case I wasnt afraid to make a few tweaks. I went with a more consistent striping pattern for the home jersey....one that complimeents that AWESOME road set. I also did some wordmark and logo additions to make it appear more modern.

Bears.png

where did you find that helmet template?

brandonjbrown

reds.png

brandon11.png1975Reds.png

before i gather up my fellow 'pack attack' and head for the streets in riot:

The Cowboys looks excellent. Classic yet still modern.

The Redskins the same, nice and clean... maybe a touch lighter on the maroon/red?

The Giants needs some kind of striping somewhere on the jersey. And a red alternate instead of those blue pants.

The Eagles are just... eh. I like the new green but the striping on there just doesn't work. The grey looks odd and the use of black is questionable.

The Bears... not a whole lot changed, which is a good thing because the bears just can't be changed too easily.

The Packers...sigh

The Vikings, so much going on in those stripes. Personally, I would like to see more yellow, especially in the stripes, rather than white. It should fit in more with the teams in the NFC North, more classic striping, give it that blue-collar feel like it should have.

The Packers...

The Lions cartoony logo is a no. Way too much emphasis on the black (a symbol of the Matt Millen era, a thing with Detroit wishes to be away with faster than the economic crisis... well maybe equally as fast).

The Packers. See that ominous glow in the distance? That's the entire city of Green Bay outside your window with pitchforks and torches. Maybe that's a stretch but you can't cut the golden yellow. You just can't. It seems like every concept design has tried to cut the yellow but it can't be done. And i don't really see what is so "modern" about the gold anyway. The 1990s were all about going from yellow to gold. Rams did it, 49ers went from a yellowy gold to a more metallic gold. And they look fine, but the era of going to darker, more metallic colors is over. Look at San Diego reverting to its powder blue days...

Aside from the color, it's the same as the Giants. No striping on the home? It looks near identical to Ron Wolf's 1994 design and it just doesn't work.

And sorry for the rant about the Packers but, someone needs to bury the golden hatchet.

You started off well, but something seemed to fold the more you did. Overall though, I'd say keep it up. Would love to see what you have in store for the AFC South.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

NFC South

Falcons- I didnt want to trash the overall look they have now, because I like it so much. One problem with their uniform is the fact their primary is actually from head to toe "alternate" and doesnt go well with the original road set at all. I brought the black/black/white look back (which was my favorite! and they removed it during the Vick era...why not bring it back fo the Ryan era?!...) I used a similar design style to what I used on a Falcons concept in the past...but this time its less busy (yea, i had busier) and cleaner. I know its VERY MODERN looking, but the Falcons "classic" looks of the past werent all that great.

Falcons.png

Panthers- I've never been a fan of the silver helmets and pants in Carolina. I've always thought they should have black road pants as well. I flushed the silver out and went with a new white/black/white look. The road incorporates those black pants, and I couldnt go wrong with the Carolina blue alternate. The Blue I used is actually a tad less "electric" if you will than the blue Carolina currently uses.

Panthers.png

Saints- I took a risk on this one, with a gold helmet, black jersey, and white pants. At first I was uncomfortable with the finished look...but I do recall Georgia Tech going gold/navy/white in the ACC Championship a few years back and I actually loved the look. (Tech fans might appreciate this design a tad more). I also brough in more stripes and changed the numerals to white. And heres also an addition of a gold jersey they might actually wear more than once.

Saints.png

Buccaneers- I love the Buc's pewter look...its so unique in sports in general...I couldnt take that identity from them. I even added more pewter to the jersey and removed all of the orange (except for the logo). I decided against any other set of pants...and left pewter only.

*complicated word mark didnt do so hot with paint...i know it looks very pixilated.

Buccaneers.png

temp.png

Your designs are starting to look the same. Look at the Lions, Vikings, Falcons, Bucs, and Panthers. The side panels on the jerseys are all exactly the same. You reused the same pants template 4 times, just slightly modified. The shoulder templates, while not exactly the same, all are similar, and would look the same from the distance. Just a modern mess of piping. So...not feeling these last 4. I like the Bucs to an extent but still I have problems with how similar it looks to the others I have mentioned.

Also I think you need to go back and make edits to your first 8, people had serious issues with some of them so you might as well listen to their C+C. That's why we comment.

Archived