School Wide Petition To Change Our Logo

Korbyn

My school (Beaver Brae) has slowly been incorporating a new logo into our system, that well isn't even a logo but rather a letter, as seen below.

Bronco%20Athletics%20Logo%20copy.jpg

This logo has alway bugged me because well it wasn't a logo. It came to a climax when they painted it in the middle of our gym floor.

So I have decided to take control and have startred a school wide petition to "Boycot The B". I started the petition yesturday and in less then 24 hours I have 94 signatures. (We have about 1000 Students)

The following statement is on the peition:

We, the students of Beaver Brae, no longer want the ?B? logo to be our main logo. We have no issue with it as a secondary/alternate logo however we would like our school to be better represented with a logo that is more artistic, as well as something all students will take pride in. The logo we believe will better represent us is the Boise State logo that has its own ?Beaver Brae? touches added to it.

Sincerely,

The Students of Beaver Brae

I am hoping to get about 400-600 signatures by the end of the week and then go to the principal's office with the signatures. I will then tell her that we would like to either:

1) Use the Boise State Broncos Logo in our colors

2) Have a school wide competition for a new logo.

Just thought I would share what is going down in my school right now since it is completley Sport Logo related.

I will keep you updated and hopefully will share some great news very soon!

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

I commend you for taking a part in shaping your school's identity.

But stealing the Boise State logo? Extremely uncool. Surely you have artists among the 1,000 students who can come up with an original logo.

I am hoping that we will come up with one.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

You've been a member here for how long? and still thought that offering to steal another schools identity was acceptable? :Oo:

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm working with a school right now that's "leasing" a NCAA Division 1 logo, and it's a lot more trouble than it's worth. I agree, find some of the art students in the school to create the new identity. It would be a nice addition to a young portfolio.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

I would also agree, stay away from the Boise State logo.

You really should hold a contest in your school to design a new identity. That way the other kids can get involved. It's also a good way to get the school to come together.

Or hold a contest here on the CCSLC boards. Just a thought...

Your petition to get rid of the B logo is very negative and likely won't go over very well with the school's administration. Instead, take a positive approach.

Like others have been suggesting, recommend a student contest for a new artistic logo that could be used in conjunction with the old logo. The school will probably not want to scrap everything with their old logo, due to costs and other logistics. Your best bet is to add a new logo, and over time, it might supplant the old one if everyone likes it better.

I like what you're trying to do, but be careful about student logo contests. My high school opened when I was a junior so I was transferred there in the 04-05 school year (I graduated in 06). The school chose the nickname 'Celtics' and had a student logo submission contest. I as well as other people I knew submitted some pretty good designs. This was the logo they chose

dublin-jerome-celtics.gif

The girls who submitted the design was the kind of overachiever that every high school class seems to have, but her design as you can tell isn't good at all. We all learned later that she copy/pasted the logo off of the internet and that she was a close family friends with the school's new principal. This news resulted in a huge backlash against the logo. Art teachers worked together to create something better

JeromeLogo.jpg

and two years later the original principal was gone and other things began to phase out the original crappy logo. The football team uses this knot as its merit sticker on the helmets and my hockey team put it on the shoulders.

OH4301666045.gif

Just be careful what you wish for.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I would also agree, stay away from the Boise State logo.

You really should hold a contest in your school to design a new identity. That way the other kids can get involved. It's also a good way to get the school to come together.

Or hold a contest here on the CCSLC boards. Just a thought...

I wouldn't have a contest. That's basically spec work.

If you want a professional-looking logo, you should pay for it.

Or...

Come up with concepts on your own, but seriously and respectfully accept constructive criticism with it.

And absolutely take the Boise State idea out of it. I don't think BSU or Joe Bosack would appreciate it.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

There's absolutely nothing wrong with a contest on the student level. But the problem with that is that you're not guaranteed a good logo.

I know contests on here with quality and trained designers are shunned by some as spec work (as just mentioned), but I seem to fall in the group that isn't turned off by spec work if it works, so I wouldn't see a problem with that.

That goes especially for a high school. Most just don't have the money in their budgets to pay for a logo, but I'd love to (not sure I have the time) to improve the visual identity of a school.

If using a letter is that bad, my suggestion is just to develop a logo on your own and donate it to the school. Even if they have the cash, they are highly unlikely to spend anything on a professionally designed identity. Contests do tend to render bad logos or logos that infringe on protected work, so don't even give them the option.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

The total at the end of the day was 179 signatures.

Not bad for 1 1/2 days worth of work.

I still have't presented this idea to the principal, but when I do I don't plan on saying anything about the Boise State logo but instead hold a contest with in the school for new logo. I will also talk to my priniciapl about it and most likely hold a contest on here and submit some of the work from here with the other contestants.

This is of course if she is okay with the idea of de-moting the B to just an alternate logo.

Just wait and see tommorow how things go.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Your petition to get rid of the B logo is very negative and likely won't go over very well with the school's administration. Instead, take a positive approach.

Like others have been suggesting, recommend a student contest for a new artistic logo that could be used in conjunction with the old logo. The school will probably not want to scrap everything with their old logo, due to costs and other logistics. Your best bet is to add a new logo, and over time, it might supplant the old one if everyone likes it better.

We still want to keep it as an alternate logo:

We, the students of Beaver Brae, no longer want the ?B? logo to be our main logo. We have no issue with it as a secondary/alternate logo however we would like our school to be better represented with a logo that is more artistic, as well as something all students will take pride in.

But yah like you sad the best bet is to add a new logo.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Hey, I didn't want to say it....

I would like to reiterate that if you're going to hold a contest here, you need some prize money so it's not spec work.

What's spec work?

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Work for which you don't get paid. "Spec" short for "speculative."

Around these parts it gets a bad name, since so many people running teams/schools/organizations think that getting the design job ought to be reward enough. See quantum's signature for the artists' response.

Even a small cash prize (a token, even) for the winner will get you a much better response.

Work for which you don't get paid. "Spec" short for "speculative."

Around these parts it gets a bad name, since so many people running teams/schools/organizations think that getting the design job ought to be reward enough. See quantum's signature for the artists' response.

Even a small cash prize (a token, even) for the winner will get you a much better response.

I thought it was something like that.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Archived