O.J. Simpson is going to Jail

Davey

Once again O.J is in trouble, but this time for a long time.

*edit* They keep changing it.

LAS VEGAS - A broken O.J. Simpson was sentenced Friday to at least nine years in prison for a hotel armed robbery after a judge rejected his apology and said, "It was much more than stupidity."

The 61-year-old football Hall of Famer stood shackled and stone-faced when Judge Jackie Glass quickly rattled off his punishment soon after he made a rambling, five-minute plea for leniency, choking back tears as he told her: "I didn't want to steal anything from anyone. ... I'm sorry, sorry."

Simpson said he was simply trying to retrieve sports memorabilia and other mementos, including his first wife's wedding ring, from two dealers when he stormed a Las Vegas hotel room Sept. 13, 2007.

But the judge emphasized that it was a violent confrontation in which at least one gun was drawn, and she said someone could have been killed. She said the evidence was overwhelming, with the planning, the confrontation itself and the aftermath all recorded on audio or videotape.

Glass, a no-nonsense judge known for her tough sentences, imposed such a complex series of consecutive and concurrent sentences that even many lawyers watching the case were confused as to how much time Simpson got.

Simpson could serve up to 33 years but could be eligible for parole after nine years, according to Elana Roberto, the judge's clerk.

More on the Article

4kv29i.jpg

Eh, I have no sympathy for the man. He should've laid his old ass low after he got acquitted over a decade ago. What a sad case, 61 years old and going to jail. Especially C.J. Stewart. Oldheads going to jail. It's a damn shame.

ESPN.com is reporting the sentence at 9 years, having to serve at least 5 and if he gets out, another year for kidnapping. Why such the discrepancy in sentence term between different media agencies?

First they had it at 18 years, then 15, now its at 9 years. They are also saying he could serve up to 33 years after the 9 year paroles.

4kv29i.jpg

ESPN.com is reporting the sentence at 9 years, having to serve at least 5 and if he gets out, another year for kidnapping. Why such the discrepancy in sentence term between different media agencies?

First they had it at 18 years, then 15, now its at 9 years. They are also saying he could serve up to 33 years after the 9 year paroles.

Just lock him up for the rest of his life. Who's gonna miss him?

Wonder how A.C. is taking the news...

...cuz I'm down wit' Dre' like A.C. was down wit' O.J.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Wonder how A.C. is taking the news...

...cuz I'm down wit' Dre' like A.C. was down wit' O.J.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived