Australian Football League 2009

Roars87

yeh, i'd definitely say that's awkward. then again they don't break up the striping too much so it's not as horrible as last year's home....is it just me or does his left arm look like it was sliced open?

That's black electrical tape which is common when a player, or the whole team, is recognising someone who had died in the week prior to the game.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://news.realfooty.com.au/breaking-news...90604-bx1b.html

"To help promote the 150th birthday celebrations through July and August, the club [Geelong] invited former coaches Bobby Davis, Bill Goggin, Bill McMaster and Tom Hafey to watch Thursday's training and sit in on a team meeting.

The quartet, along with current coach Mark Thompson, were presented with commemorative guernseys the Cats will wear in rounds 16 and 19.

The blue hoops on the special jumper are made up of the names of every Geelong senior player to the end of last season."

http://news.realfooty.com.au/breaking-news...90604-bx1b.html

"To help promote the 150th birthday celebrations through July and August, the club [Geelong] invited former coaches Bobby Davis, Bill Goggin, Bill McMaster and Tom Hafey to watch Thursday's training and sit in on a team meeting.

The quartet, along with current coach Mark Thompson, were presented with commemorative guernseys the Cats will wear in rounds 16 and 19.

The blue hoops on the special jumper are made up of the names of every Geelong senior player to the end of last season."

NOOOOOOooooooooooo

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

yeh, i'd definitely say that's awkward. then again they don't break up the striping too much so it's not as horrible as last year's home....is it just me or does his left arm look like it was sliced open?

That's black electrical tape which is common when a player, or the whole team, is recognising someone who had died in the week prior to the game.

ah. i learn something new again...

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• 2 weeks later...

And another special... Carlton going yellow to support Lance Armstrong's Livestrong initiative (for rd 14 v Fremantle)

0,,6674165,00.jpg

They really are desperate to avoid wearing their real clash jumper...or so says the conspiracy theorist in me :)

Whenever I see that bodyless template, I always think of that scene at the end of Bedknobs and Broomsticks. Y'know, when the armor fights the Nazis? That was awesome.

Treguna... McCoides... Trecourum Saintus Dei...

philly.png

• 3 weeks later...
Turns out the Blues have gone all out. Yellow shorts and socks too.

I believe this was a very late addition to the whole thing.

As of two weeks ago they were wearing the jumpers without the Livestrong logo and were wearing it with White shorts and Blue socks.

(And had the promotional pics done with the sans logo jumpers. As shown above)

Then, within the last week, the jumpers changed to have Lance Armstrong's signature embroidered onto them, and also the logo.

Looked like bananas.

ComingDowntheStairs.gif

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

Archived