Australian Football League 2009

Roars87

So I thought I'd start a new topic for season 09 with the release of the North Melbourne clash strip.

0,,6397373,00.jpg

There's a couple of things I don't like about this. First being the stripes being outline, unnecessary in my opinion and I don't like the placement of the NM logo and how the stripe has been interrupted to place the sponsor logo. They've also done this on the home guernsey.

pics016.jpg

Courtesy of giantroo over at BigFooty

Adelaide have also released their new 2009 range. It seems Adidas and Adelaide have ditched the side stripes, returned to the gold cuffs and added an awful looking neck piece to the guernsey.

home%20guernsey%20authntic%20large.jpg

I've also heard that Port would be releasing their new clash strip before Christmas but they'd want to hurry up. I've heard that the design will see a lot of white, but we've been fooled in the past.

I'm sure there's other things that are going on around the league that I haven't read about so start posting it up guys :D

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roos: I actually kinda like it, reminds me a little of a negative of my all time favorite Milwaukee Wave shirt (a bright blue/black number with thinner white stripes)...but yeah, they could've done without interrupting that stripe.

Crows: the bad news is I don't see the point of that collar piece being gold if they didn't feel like putting anything there. The good news is those dumb wrap stripes are history, hence the Crows have awesome home jumpers again.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I know too little about Aussie Rules Football to know what's good and what isn't, but as an outside observer I'd have to say that I really like the North Melbourne Strip. Although I object to breaking up the stripe for a corporate logo, I don't find it all that distracting.

Untitled-1-1.gif

Sig by TalktoChuck

Roos: I actually kinda like it, reminds me a little of a negative of my all time favorite Milwaukee Wave shirt (a bright blue/black number with thinner white stripes)...but yeah, they could've done without interrupting that stripe.

Crows: the bad news is I don't see the point of that collar piece being gold if they didn't feel like putting anything there. The good news is those dumb wrap stripes are history, hence the Crows have awesome home jumpers again.

Hmmm... I thought the roos remind of the Argentina soccer team. I suppose the Crows decided to give those wrap stripes to Collingwood. That's a disaster

leon(180).jpg

The Saints has a clash strip as well.

clashguern09_thumb.gif

compare that to the home jumper:

homeguern09_thumb.gif

I think a couple of club don't have sponsors yet for 2009. Western Bulldogs and Melbourne.

I saw, I came, I left.

Adelaide's clash jumper (with a non-silly collar colour):

away%20adults%20large.jpg

A real-life shot of St Kilda's new clash jumper:

00030374-image.jpg

In a similar vein to Tasmanian tourism sponsoring Hawthorn, Malaysia will be co-major sponsor for Carlton (with Hyundai) in 2009.

Copy-of-juddmalayweba.jpg

Brisbane have confirmed that their only alternate strip will be the Fitzroy red strip, which will be worn for Victorian away games and as needed to break clashes elsewhere.

Melbourne have convinced the AFL to let them have a red clash jumper... design unknown at this stage.

riddle-me-this, aussie fans...Why have a clash jumper that's very similar to the home jumper? North Melbourne has a home jumper that's white with royal blue stripes. Their clash kit is white with sky blue stripes...how's that a clash? I don't get it...could someone please explain?

This has a lot to do with the "clash" of jumpers (pardon the pun) between North and Collingwood. North has always been accommodating (albeit reluctantly) in creating a clash jumper which has been more heavy on the royal blue. Now, I guess they tried to find a way to get something that has vertical white and blue stripes, get it approved by the AFL and were successful in the process.

I saw, I came, I left.

Interestingly enough... in the article that this Roos image comes from, it mentions that the AFL is forcing them to wear their clash jumper against Collingwood regardless of who is the home team. Thank you, Mr Idiot Demetriou.

The Saints looks similar to something I posted on Saintsational.com a while ago.

But at least it now looks like St Kilda unlike the apron jumper from last season.

NM and Collingwood seem to be copying us and sticking their logo on their jumpers.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

<hijack>

Do any of you know if Aussie Rules is broadcast at all in the US or if it's available for (legal) viewing online?

</hijack>

You can get an international subscription to the video on AFL.com.au but by all reports the quality is pretty damn lousy.

Check for Setanta. They show most games live which means you're watching games at midnight on a Friday or Saturday night in the east coast of North America.

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

Why 1870?

I think that's the founding of the original Port Adelaide FC.

As for being able to check out the sport, I use www.aussiesport.tv. The quality is pretty solid, alas it's on a 24 hour delay, but it's worth the money.

That North Melbourne jumper is pretty nice. I like the use of light blue, as it's a rarity in the AFL.

In related news, my club, the Philadelphia Hawks, are reportedly going to get new jumpers this year ditching our old jumpers, which were the Hawthorn Hawks circa 2003-2006.

philly.png

Port adds '1870' to the back of their jumper (will be on both, but still no sign of the new clash design).

DC_1870Guernsey_08_nws.jpg

Why 1870?

This is the first part of the article from the Port Adelaide Football Club on the meaning of 1870. I bought a new jumper last year, looks like I'll have to get another this year :P

HE Port Adelaide Football Club was established in 1870, and that fact will be on show for all to see in 2009.

The Power?s 2009 guernseys, manufactured by Reebok, will have ?1870? printed on the back, just above the player number.

Brett Ebert and Travis Boak will show off the small but significant addition on Monday and be joined by two former greats of the club in Darren Mead and Stephen Williams. Ebert wears Mead?s old No. 33, while Boak wears No. 10, which Williams wore in his 269 games for the club. Mead is the only player to have played 100 SANFL and AFL games for the PAFC.

Power chief executive Mark Haysman said the move to add 1870 to the club?s guernseys formed part of its Live the Creed initiative.

?The club made a decision earlier this year to actively reinforce its identity,? Haysman said.

?Our establishment date of 1870 sets us apart from all the other non-Victorian AFL clubs. We are the only club outside Victoria that entered the AFL in its own right, and that?s something we are proud of.

Full Article

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/tabid/603...px?newsid=70842

Port adds '1870' to the back of their jumper (will be on both, but still no sign of the new clash design).

DC_1870Guernsey_08_nws.jpg

I guess they're trying to put out that 1870 as much as they can. Their 2009 slogan has the 1870 on it. I look forward to see what clash jumper they will have for next year. It has to be better than what they previously had. The jumper from the "planet teal" promotion was nice, but I doubt it will be anything like that.

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived