Arizona State

ASU

ARIZONA! ARIZONA STATES' BITCH 5 OUT OF 6 YEARS

Your propensity to speak in sentence fragments and your failure to punctuate mark you as a Sun Devil. This abuse of the English language must stop. ASU as an academic institution is a farce and a sham. It is time for this so-called "university" to fold fully and finally, just as its sorry excuse for a football team does on the field.

When you cannot fully function because you are trying to wake up with a full set of twins crying into your ear, than yes I will have complete functional sentences. Plus Eric, you still owe me a beer :P . Also this year when when the Devils sweeps the Mildcats in Basketball that'll make up for the fact we lost to the Arizona Southern Community College this year. But don't worry, once out of 6 years you can celebrate and say "WER'E NUMBER ONE".

FORK EM DEVILS

OK...as an anal-retentive Color Boy, you guys are making me cringe with this representation of Maroon...

Try this HTML code for the Maroon - #882345. (I've changed the color in the quotes as well.)

:P

OK...as an anal-retentive Color Boy, you guys are making me cringe with this representation of Maroon...

Try this HTML code for the Maroon - #882345. (I've changed the color in the quotes as well.)

I was thinking that too.

But, Arizona's red is more red though. Similar to this.

arizona_wildcats_jersey.jpg

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

I was thinking that too.

The HTML code I gave for the U. of Arizona's Cardinal is the sRGB equivalent for their official Pantone color.

I was thinking that too.

The HTML code I gave for the U. of Arizona's Cardinal is the sRGB equivalent for their official Pantone color.

Hrm. Maybe it's my monitor, but it looks too dark to me.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Arizona State football tried a change a a while back (I wanna say around 2002) switching to a modern template, fancy digits, and adding Ravens/Titans helmet stripes. However, those apparently failed after a year or so and the Sun Devils went back to their previous generic/traditional style. Did they not learn from that mistake?

EDIT: They were worn during the 2003 season...

asu03.jpg

6uXNWAo.png

Arizona State football tried a change a a while back (I wanna say around 2002) switching to a modern template, fancy digits, and adding Ravens/Titans helmet stripes. However, those apparently failed after a year or so and the Sun Devils went back to their previous generic/traditional style. Did they not learn from that mistake?

asu03.jpg

I dunno, but that picture would be so much more awesome if there were more UCLA in it. Such gorgeous unis...

330zl3b.png

asu03.jpg

Ugh... I couldn't stand 'em them, and still can't stand 'em now... so glad they only lasted the one season.

White pants???

If I'm not mistaken, thats the only year I can remember that ASU wore white pants. Ever.

I could be wrong though...

I just can't see ASU wearing anything but gold or maroon pants

asu03.jpg

Ugh... I couldn't stand 'em them, and still can't stand 'em now... so glad they only lasted the one season.

White pants???

If I'm not mistaken, thats the only year I can remember that ASU wore white pants. Ever.

I could be wrong though...

I just can't see ASU wearing anything but gold or maroon pants

Ugg!

I never did like that template, A lot of teams used that template, and that was the straw that broke the camels back. (or in Devil talk broke Sparky's back) ASU went back to Addias and had them resurect the more traditional uniform the next year. A slight tweek of the current uniform adding a gold stripe to the maroon pants, and ditching the over sized gold collar would make the set look much better.

BTW ditching the maroon collar on the road set would be fine as well! The sleve piping on both sets is just fine.

edited to remove the Nike reference, seeing in full color the Addias logo on the picture, and correct grammar

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

I pray they don't get new jerseys. If they want an alternate, fine, but I hope they don't switch their template.

I love these jerseys. I love the cartoony mascot, I love they have colors that wouldn't get past focus groups, I love the simplicity of the uniforms. These uniforms scream college football to me and I'd hate for them to change.

Im glad they switched from Adidas to Nike...those unis were awful. Im fairly certain they did not have two helmets with the Adidas unis.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I thought they did have two different helmets when they were with Adidas. The home helmet is the same as their current helmet, and the road helmet had those short stripes.

asu03a.jpg

Turns out ASU did use a single-stripe for home games back then -- but why?

6uXNWAo.png

I thought they did have two different helmets when they were with Adidas. The home helmet is the same as their current helmet, and the road helmet had those short stripes.

asu03a.jpg

Turns out ASU did use a single-stripe for home games back then -- but why?

Only thing I like about the jersey is that the maroon looks darker than there current set.

Archived