Buffalo Soldier Football

TalktoChuck

So i had this idea the other day while listening to music. I hope you guys all know the song "Buffalo Soldier" by Bob Marley, if not: Well you guys need to brush up on your musical interests. So instead of doing a historically accurate concept, with actual soldiers and all that, I went another way with this. Let me know what you guys think. C&c please.

Logos:

BS.gif

Home:

Home.gif

Away:

Away.gif

Alternate 1:

Alt.gif

Alternate 2:

Alt-2.gif

Alternate 3:

Alt-3.gif

jNTsTyQ.png

That's sick. Great idea. Some points though:

I think all logos must incorporate the "3 colors".

The red jersey looks orange.

Models in action would look better if the hairs are dread-locked. :P

Great uni set, and helmet. Smokin' concept. Feels heaven.

anim_10b653c9-6201-4c84-31ec-36c-1.gif

incrediballer.png

LakeshowFight On!Carpe DiemNo Fear

As the immortal Borat would say...

"Very nice! How much?"

And as Peter Griffin would say...

"Freakin sweet!"

Quite an idea, great execution...and how can you not love the logo. But that six is seriously creepy... On the green jersey, you should add a little black. I'm not sure how, but it'd add a lot. Ditto for the yellow and white jerseys. And the helmet needs some red, come to think of it. But an awesome concept overall.

scotland_fifasig.png

Thanks for all the comments guys! I'm currently working on an update, and I was wondering if there is a way to put a doubline outline on a wordmark using Illustrator? I'm wanting to put a yellow and red outline on the Buffalo wordmark I have but can't figure out how to get two outlines on the letters. Does anyone know how to do that?

jNTsTyQ.png

Ricky Williams wears #34, actually.

That made me laugh.

(whistle sound) NICE! Wow, these look so good. I love the finish on the helmet, nice touch. I really like every one of the jerseys. Nice, nice job man, can't wait for the update! :D

1/27/09- It was me, and I am sorry.

Thanks for all the comments guys! I'm currently working on an update, and I was wondering if there is a way to put a doubline outline on a wordmark using Illustrator? I'm wanting to put a yellow and red outline on the Buffalo wordmark I have but can't figure out how to get two outlines on the letters. Does anyone know how to do that?

First get rid of any stroke you have on there. Right click the text, select "Create Outlines". Then go to Object>Path>Offset Path. Play around with the settings until you get the desired offset width, then repeat with a higher (usually double) offset value to get your second outline.

Ok, so I'm off to Arizona in about 6 hours, so I decided to put together a quick update for you guys before I leave.

Updated:

1.) Double outlines on numbers and wordmarks.

2.) Yellow outline on the Bob logo.

3.) Made all three colors appear on the "leaf" logo.

4.) Changed the player's number to 34

and 5.) gave the player dreaklocks.

C&C Please

Logos:

BS20.gif

Home:

Home20.gif

Away:

Away20.gif

Alternate-1:

Alternate-1.gif

Alternate-2:

Alternate-2.gif

Alternate-3:

Alternate-3.gif

And BTW, thank you Scotty Springs for the help with the outlines, it really helped.

jNTsTyQ.png

Ok, so my trip to arizona has been delayed a little. And I've had a little free time on my hands, so I did a few fixes on the set, and this will be the final version of the Buffalo Soldiers. Some things I have chaged: 1.) Chaged cirle around leaf to yellow. 2.) Added whit pants. 3.) Got rid of yellow uniform. and 4.) minimized outlines and stripes. The final update should be up in the next hour or so. Thanks for all the comments so far guys. If you guys have any suggestions you'd like to see on the final, post them now so i can put them in (if I like them).

jNTsTyQ.png

Archived