The Canadian Football expansion project

dgnmrwrw

Presenting Les Canonniers de Quebec.

Logo.png

Nickname comes from the gunners and the cannons used to defend the city over the years. Colors are purple, orange, and silver. Purple jerseys, silver pants at home. White and silver on the road. I also made home and road alternate sets with purple pants.

Uni-Home.png

Uni-Road.png

Uni-Home-Alt.png

Uni-Road-Alt.png

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

C+C very welcome. Also, what should be next? Another Ottawa team? London or Windsor? A new western team?

Detroit could use a pro team...

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Really good work here...best CFL concept I've seen! I really like the basic look of the Cannoniers concept. Clean, but certainly not bland. But on the white (road) jerseys, I'd make the shoulder stripe purple, with silver and copper trim. To my eyes, the purple looks like navy, and I actually think navy would work better. Also, not so much a fan of the silver pants...

Excellent job though. Ottawa Capitals is what I'd vote for!

scotland_fifasig.png

C+C very welcome. Also, what should be next? Another Ottawa team? London or Windsor? A new western team?

Detroit could use a pro team...

ZING! I had been considering Windsor, but . . .

Really good work here...best CFL concept I've seen! I really like the basic look of the Cannoniers concept. Clean, but certainly not bland. But on the white (road) jerseys, I'd make the shoulder stripe purple, with silver and copper trim. To my eyes, the purple looks like navy, and I actually think navy would work better. Also, not so much a fan of the silver pants...

Excellent job though. Ottawa Capitals is what I'd vote for!

Yeah, I probably need to adjust the purple. It should be on the bluish side, but I'm working on a laptop and can't get a great idea for precise colors. I'll redden it up a little. As far as the stripes go, I was trying to keep them consistent throughout the set. I originally had a different pattern on the white jersey but it was clashing badly with all the ones on the helmet, so I made them all the same. It's a compromise. I struggled with whether to use silver pants or just white. I might switch if it seems most people agree.

I like the Quebec concept, though it looks like navy, more than purple.

I think an Ottawa concept should be next. Then Victoria?

Actually, these are the two I'm heavily leaning toward.

Anyone else have input on the Quebec concept? Silver or white pants? Keep the stripes the same on both jerseys or vary them? I'm not sure if I'm through updating that one yet.

But I am working on the next concept, for Victoria. Here's a sneak preview, because I can't decide on a color scheme or a helmet.

I'm definitely using a really dark navy blue, a bright blue, and gray. But now I'm afraid they'll look too much like the Argos, so I'm looking at a lot of different helmets.

Helmets.png

For the bottom two I incorporated some copper to try to differentiate Victoria from Toronto. None of these is final, they're just some ideas I was hoping to get input on. The logo is also recolorable in dozens of ways, so I could change it up to suit any helmet. I also thought of maybe adding a crimson color (instead of copper) as a highlight.

Personally, I'm leaning toward the bright blue in the upper right, the white, or the silver. Thoughts?

The Penguins concept looks nice, but I don't think its an identity that really resonates with the city of Halifax to me. I spent a few years there and there was nothing about the place that makes Penguins come to mind. On the otherhand, there are lots of teams with identities that have no relation to their geography, so its not a big criticism.

that logo looks to cluttered to me. its hard to distinguish between the anchor and the v. maybe have the anchor coming out the bottom toward the facemask? or a smaller anchor or smaller v. im not sure just a little clutered.

All these concepts are great. For Victoria, I like the two bright blue helmets the best. I think I like the copper color added to it so maybe that would be the best one. Nice work.

I wouldn't mind seeing one for a new Ottawa team. Or maybe try using some cities that are just over the boarder in the US. None of those cities that were used back when they tried US expansion before (San Antonio, Birminham or Shreveport for example) where most people have never even heard of the CFL. Some good examples might be:

Seattle, WA

Minneapolis, MN

Milwaukee, WI

Chicago, IL

Detroit, MI (if no Windsor, ON team)

Cleveland, OH

Buffalo, NY or Rochester, NY

Action-Home.png

Action-Road.png

Wow. That's one solid concept. Good work.

Can't wait for what you have planned for the Admirals. Although a blue and silver colored squad should sit well with the other Western teams. Mainly because the only team that would blue in an updated Western Conference would be the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

EDIT: While I think about it, I don't think it would hurt to see another Ottawa team come into the fray. I think that would balance the CFL out perfectly with Halifax, Quebec, and Ottawa to the East with Toronto, Hamilton, and Montreal. All the while moving Winnipeg back West with the Roughriders, Esks, Stamps, the BC Lions, and a Victoria expansion team. Adds to be 12 teams, which is a perfect round number. If not, correct me if I'm wrong. ^_^;;;

All these concepts are great. For Victoria, I like the two bright blue helmets the best. I think I like the copper color added to it so maybe that would be the best one. Nice work.

I wouldn't mind seeing one for a new Ottawa team. ...

Thanks. I think I've settled on bright blue, navy, and copper for Victoria's colors.

Can't wait for what you have planned for the Admirals. Although a blue and silver colored squad should sit well with the other Western teams. Mainly because the only team that would blue in an updated Western Conference would be the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

EDIT: While I think about it, I don't think it would hurt to see another Ottawa team come into the fray. I think that would balance the CFL out perfectly with Halifax, Quebec, and Ottawa to the East with Toronto, Hamilton, and Montreal. All the while moving Winnipeg back West with the Roughriders, Esks, Stamps, the BC Lions, and a Victoria expansion team. Adds to be 12 teams, which is a perfect round number. If not, correct me if I'm wrong. ^_^;;;

This alignment is exactly what I had in mind. With the addition of Victoria and Halifax, the league would go coast-to-coast, and it's much more balanced than what they have now. If you're west of Ontario, you're in the West. If you're in Ontario or farther east, you're in the East. Teams could play each division opponent twice (home and away) and each non-division opponent once (home/away in alternating years), for a 16-game regular season.

I'm trying to finalize the Victoria logo so I can finish the set and get it posted. Here are 4 different variations on the logo; each one has a slightly different interaction between the V and the anchor. Which do you think is best?

Logos.png

Really excellent work here. I especially loved the blue or white non-copper helmet, but the copper logo itself looks excellent. I'd go with the top left logo, because it has the most balance. Nice wordmark, just add a little copper and you're set.

scotland_fifasig.png

Archived