The Canadian Football expansion project

dgnmrwrw

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Presenting the Victoria Admirals.

Logo.png

The Admirals nickname comes from the big presence of Canadian Maritime Command in the area around Victoria. Colors are bright blue, copper, and navy blue. For now, I'm using the logo I thought worked best. If popular opinion seems to stay in favor of another one, I'll change it.

The Admirals were bright blue helmets and jerseys with white pants at home. White jerseys and white pants on the road. Included are alternate sets with blue pants.

Uni-Home.png

Uni-Road.png

Uni-Home-Alt.png

Uni-Road-Alt.png

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

This comment will be quick and painless. Both the Quebec and Victoria concepts are outstanding. The Quebec helmet looks great on the action template. I think the Victoria logo is one of the best you have done so far. I am looking foreward to what is to come.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

Here's where I'm going with the last expansion team, Ottawa:

Logo.png

Nickname is Royals. I really liked some other names better, but this one is a better fit for Ottawa and where I wanted to go with this look. I wanted to go more traditional, unlike the previous 3 expansion concepts. So many Canadian national organizations/groups use the 'Royal' moniker that it seemed to work for a team in the capital.

Colors are inspired by the RCMP. Midnight blue, crimson, and gold. The crown logo is adapted from the Mounties' logo/device. There's even some light brown in the logo. The midnight blue is VERY dark, RGB value of 0/0/10. It might be a little too dark, and I'm considering lightening it some.

The entire set should be posted later today. Thoughts?

I love the logo. Maybe a little too complicated, but it'll definitely look great. But I agree on your thought about lightening the "blue". It seriously looks black to me. Nothing wrong with that, but if you're going for midnight blue you should definitely crank up the lightness factor. I can't wait to see the uniforms! Will they be red or midnight blue?

scotland_fifasig.png

Presenting the Ottawa Royals.

Logo.png

Colors are midnight blue, crimson, and gold. I lightened up the blue, but only slightly. It really should be almost black (think NY Yankees). Blue helmets, crimson jerseys, white pants at home. Blue helmets, white jerseys, white pants on the road. Also included are blue alternate pants for home and away.

Uni-Home.png

Uni-Road.png

Uni-Home-Alt.png

Uni-Road-Alt.png

I think the logo is fine on the helmet. You lose detail from a distance, but it still resolves itself as a crown. C+C very welcome.

Archived