The Canadian Football expansion project

dgnmrwrw

I like the update a lot. Originally, I wasn't a fan of the logo (and it still doesn't fit in perfectly with the rest of the uniform), but this changes it a lot. Now it actually looks like a beak. Is there a way you could do a compromise between the updates. Because the one on the right looks kind of skewed, and the one on the left doesn't work at all, in my opinion. What changes do you have in mind for the jerseys, and when are you doing the Quebec team?

scotland_fifasig.png

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I'll probably try to keep tweaking the logo and unis. Thanks for the feedback. I should have another update up tomorrow. Quebec concept soon after.

I thought about Puffins, but it seems somehow... weak? I'm not sure. It didn't sound like a legit, major-league name. I could be wrong.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

How about Halifax Herons then?

Herons could have worked. But like I said, the whole concept started from a sketch I had made of a penguin, so it kept growing in that direction. To change it to Herons, I would almost have to start from scratch. And making the nickname geographically feasible was never the highest of my priorities. But Herons is a pretty good name.

I'm moving forward with the Quebec concept. Here's a preview of the logo/colors:

Logo.png

Wow. Great update. The number font now matches the wordmark to a certain extent, and the yellow number outline on the black jerseys is nice. I like the Cannoniers concept logo, but I think it could be improved if you could eliminate the part of the Q that protrudes into the inner circle, and just keep the cannon there. But I can't wait to see the uniforms, and this is a great series. Ottawa team coming up?

scotland_fifasig.png

Ok, I've done most of the work on the Quebec concept, but I can't decide on a helmet. At first, I just had a run-of-the-mill design with the logo on it. But because the logo cannot be "mirrored," it didn't look the same on each side of the helmet. So I developed a few iterations using the blast from the cannon. But I'm not sure if any of them are working better than the plain logo helmet.

Helmets.png

Which (if any) of these 6 do you guys prefer?

Also, I'll mess with the logo according to your suggestions.

I know I'm a little late on the first comment, but here it is. I like the upgrade on the Penguins logo, and the one on the right is my choice. I think it could still use a little tweaking, but it's pretty close. As for Quebec. I love the logo, very sharp. As for the helmet, I like E with the classic using the logo second. Like it was said before, E reminds me of the Bolts of the XFL, but it works with the name. Looking foreward to seeing the uniforms.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

Archived