2009 MLB Season Thread

Gary

Did you go to the Rick Telander School of One-Sentence Closing Paragraphs?

There's a school for that?

They also teach you how to quit radio gigs on the air and wipe your ass with Hall of Fame ballots.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
John Smoltz DFA'd by the Sox.

'Bout time.

Braves fans have to love the fact that Wren refused to give Smoltz and Glavine sentimental deals, especially now. Glavine isn't pitching this season, and all Tommy Hanson has done is thrust himself into the NL's Rookie of the Year talk. Smoltz didn't like the deal the Braves offered, so all the Braves did was sign Derek Lowe, who's proven to be a lot more effective than Smoltz was.

I saw the highlights of that game last night, and Smoltz looked...his age.

Q: So who claimed Alex Rios?

A:

Teams with the worst record in the opposite league (in this case, bad teams in the NL) get to put their claims in first, correct?

If that's the case, I'm guessing the Reds. They've liked Rios for a while now, And they need an OF, and they just made a deal with Toronto, maybe they've continued their talks.

Thank you asinine Rios is gone could never live up to the contract now he's can be an inconsistent right fielder else where.

Rios isn't gone yet.

Rios may have gotten claimed, but now they have to work out a trade, or Rios gets taken off the waiver wire and remains with the Blue Jays.

Thank you asinine Rios is gone could never live up to the contract now he's can be an inconsistent right fielder else where.

Rios isn't gone yet.

Rios may have gotten claimed, but now they have to work out a trade, or Rios gets taken off the waiver wire and remains with the Blue Jays.

Not true.

- Toronto can pull Rios back off of waivers, and keep him.

- Toronto can negotiate a trade with the team that put in the claim on Rios.

- Toronto can allow the claiming team to take Rios and his salary, at no cost to the Blue Jays.

http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=287046

beLEAF

^^^

We'll whatever at least there trying to attempt to get rid of him.

It's not so much "trying to get rid of him", but more about what teams have interest in his services. A ton of big-name players hit the waiver wire, just to see if any team has interest in them.

My real question is, what is going to happen in Boston if the Red Sox keep going on this epic collapse? Will all of Boston jump into the Harbor? Will the curse of the Bambino return? Was he just on vacation? Will all that was right in the world, come again? The Yankees hated by everyone and the Red Sox go another 90 something years without winning a World Series? At this point in time, Pittsburgh, San Diego, and Washington look like they could walk into Boston and sweep them.

No idea what Boston will do but I am really hoping we get to find out. All kidding aside, The Red Sox are 3.5 games out of first. I don't know if I'd start up with digging the hole to bury them just yet. There's a lot of season left.

Boston suffered an "epic" collapse in '06, IIRC losing 20+ games in August. Things went on as normal around here, except it was easier to land tickets.

Jim Riggleman to be the new Nats skipper...

whoopty damn do.

That'll fix everything!

You can't spell "Riggleman" without an "L".

And you won't be able to spell 2009 Washington Nationals Baseball without about 110 of 'em. :P

Don't look now, but the Nats just won their sixth straight. The '03 Tigers may wanna address one of those bottles of bubbly to Mr. Riggleman.

6uXNWAo.png

Jim Riggleman to be the new Nats skipper...

whoopty damn do.

That'll fix everything!

You can't spell "Riggleman" without an "L".

And you won't be able to spell 2009 Washington Nationals Baseball without about 110 of 'em. :P

Don't look now, but the Nats just won their sixth straight. The '03 Tigers may wanna address one of those bottles of bubbly to Mr. Riggleman.

Nats are now 12-11 under Riggles.

Archived