Some new MLS kits

roxfan00

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think they're toddler-sized jerseys or somethin'

Yeah, they've only released the toddler size...but you get the idea on what they will look like.

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

I think they're toddler-sized jerseys or somethin'

Yeah, they've only released the toddler size...but you get the idea on what they will look like.

Ok fewf...I thought they looked kinda awkward...is the entire league getting an overhaul?

I'm going to continue to hate all MLS kits until they end the Adidas contract. I am so sick of the same boring template for every team in the league.

As far as these are concerned, we should probably reserve judgment until we see the full-size shirt, but I can already tell you that I don't like the two different sleeve colors on the Houston shirt, or the collar on the NYRB shirt.

Untitled-1-1.gif

Sig by TalktoChuck

Well, I see I was wrong about the Adidas template thing, but I still don't like the sleeves on the Houston shirt. One of the posters on footballshirtculture observed that the Red Bulls shirt looks like a Rugby shirt. I agree with that assessment, but now that I've seen them a little closer, I may not totally hate them.

I'd like to see the whole kits and maybe a few action shots.

Soccer kits...what an emotional roller coaster! :cursing::cry::P

Untitled-1-1.gif

Sig by TalktoChuck

I have to say that the best one out of them is the Toronto red. To me is says, "Soccer... er football". There are so few soccer/football jerseys I like. I liked the old Galaxy yellow and green sash ones, but other than that I think the only one I've seen that I liked was someone that I knew was wearing a blue one with Pepsi across the front of it. I never did ask him where he got it and who it was.

Red Bulls look like they are wearing rugby jerseys instead of soccer jerseys. And I really hope MLS cans the flags on the sleeve. It'll look silly. The enlarged MLS logo is enough. And no picture of how the new scudetto will be worn? Probably same as before but I can't wait to see it on a Columbus jersey.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I have to say that the best one out of them is the Toronto red. To me is says, "Soccer... er football". There are so few soccer/football jerseys I like. I liked the old Galaxy yellow and green sash ones, but other than that I think the only one I've seen that I liked was someone that I knew was wearing a blue one with Pepsi across the front of it. I never did ask him where he got it and who it was.

A blue soccer jersey with Pepsi across the front...was it this one? If so, that's Boca Juniors, an Agentine team from Buenos Aires.

I keep wanting to like the MLS, but these jersey's are by and large horrible. The Galaxy's the only one that isn't marred by all that accenting Adidas wigs out on. Those cuff swoops (ala the Rapids' Away) look like the Nike Total 90 template from 2005. Maybe if the league wasn't outfitted to look the clowns (the Rapid's underwent that huge identity rebranding...to come up with Copperplate font?!), they'd be getting a more respectable following. Last year's Adidas designs seemed to be returning to sanity -- mellowed out patterns with SUBTLE accents relating back to the identity of the teams (I'm specifically thinking of the 1893 imprint on Argentina's home and the mesh sash across Real Madrid's home). Is the MLS the recipient of such careful design? Of course not. The MLS is small fry for Adidas and it shows.

Maybe if the league wasn't outfitted to look the clowns (the Rapid's underwent that huge identity rebranding...to come up with Copperplate font?!), they'd be getting a more respectable following.

I think it has more to do with the fact that the league has no fluffin' clue about promotion (who holds a player draft on a workday afternoon?) rather than the bland design of its jerseys. Oh wait...nevermind. B)

That being said, I like Toronto's red kit, but NY's is just...what's the word I'm looking for?

Oh yeah, FUGLY.

Adidas always seems to add just too much to their kits. Take the Colorado kit, looks pretty nice, minimall 3 stripes, kind of old school and then add some strange swoopy things. And for Toronto, take a nice kit then add some funny looking blobs on the front of the sleeves, Houston has the weird arm band etc... They need to learn to just stop sometimes.

AtlantaThrashers.pngManchesterUnited_10Sig.png

Well, Colorado & LA still have the best looking kits in the league, IMO. The Red Bull shirts look good, and TFC looks good as well.

I still hate Houston for the fact that they added that light blue out of nowhere. IMO, it would look MUCH better without the light blue. Reminds me of the Lady Vols.

Archived