Puerto Rico WBC Concept

TwoRsAndTwoLs

PuertoRicoWBC.gif

Just some ideas going in:

I wanted the set to pay somewhat heavy homage to Roberto Clemente while staying nationalistic. To that end, The capital letters are based on the Pirates' old "Away" design Which can be found here. I went with the vests for more or less the same reason.

"Borinquen" is, according to Wikipedia, from the native word for the island of Puerto Rico.

I would appreciate C&C as it comes to you.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

The "P" in "Puerto" looks like an R - especially since it's so close to the "u". I'd go with a different shape for it, maybe something like the '50s Phillies P.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

As someone from Puerto Rican descent, I can tell you that these jerseys would fly off the shelves if produced. Really nice job, especially with the 'Borinquen' alts.

With the exception of their current caps, I've felt that PR's uni set was lacking. Something like this would work extremely well.

Now just add the WBC and PR flag patches and you're done!

I've got some more ideas on how to rework this set a little bit.

I think I'm going to keep the "Borinquen" alternate more or less untouched, but for the others I think I'm going to change up the piping and at least come up with a new "P," if not a new "R" as well. Details tonight after I get back home.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

Also, it might be really cool to toy with the idea of making the front home numbers red, as a tribute to the Dodgers, who had strong connections with Puerto Rican winter league ball. Clemente's PR team, the Santurce Cangrejeros (which also featured Willie Mays) fashioned their jerseys in this way.

Also, it might be really cool to toy with the idea of making the front home numbers red, as a tribute to the Dodgers, who had strong connections with Puerto Rican winter league ball. Clemente's PR team, the Santurce Cangrejeros (which also featured Willie Mays) fashioned their jerseys in this way.

I did that with the road uniform for my United States WBC concept a while ago for the Jackie Robinson connection. In my toying with PR again, I am using red much more as an accent color, trying to get it a little bit away from the Texas Rangers look noted above.

Okay, I feel like this is close, but something's wrong with the R. What do you think?

PRWBCHomeMk2.png

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

I like the new script, but I can't say that I'm in love with it. It clears up the issue of the P looking like an R, but the P and R look too thick compared to the rest of the script.

Also, think a little more outside the box on the hat logo. Some MLB teams do not use the same typeface in the script and the hat logo (like the Padres, Pirates, Cubs, etc.) Also, try interlocking the letters so that it's not just two letters, but one cohesive logo.

I did that with the road uniform for my United States WBC concept a while ago for the Jackie Robinson connection. In my toying with PR again, I am using red much more as an accent color, trying to get it a little bit away from the Texas Rangers look noted above.

Okay, I feel like this is close, but something's wrong with the R. What do you think?

PRWBCHomeMk2.png

I loved your original set, but this home kit is even better, color-scheme wise. The script does need some tweaking, though. The Panama WBC team has a nice script "P" that you might want to base your "R" off of.

Archived