Rimouski Oceanic

Discrim

this team needs no introduction.

oceanic.png

and thus ends my all too brief fling with the Q. will I revisit the league at some point? Yes. Anyway, the wavy stripes, you can think of em as a tamer 90s Isles without the captain. The checkered one...well, I couldn't decide which of the lighter blues to use for the third. Thus, both in checker form.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Excellent work done on the home and road. Same thing for the alt. Rarely will a checkered jersey look appealing, but you've made it happen. The navy armstripes are a nice touch and the blues cope well together. Good job on everything!

Excellent work 'hater. I love the striping, although reminiscent of Captain Fishsticks Islander jerseys. The only thing bugging me about the home sweater is the collar. For some reason the lighter blue just doesn't look right to me, try the darker shade of blue. I think the pant stripe is a little excessive also, maybe one color stripe, or none at all. The checkerboard is just wild, and although it would never see the light of day in actuality, I love it!

Not bad for the most part. I'm not quite sure about the wave stripes. I think they may be too much on the pants. The biggest miss for me is the checkerboard alternate. IMO it is just to busy and would be distracting to the eyes when in motion on the ice.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

I dont know why you say that oceanic team needs no introduction. sorry, i dont know why that bothered me, but ive never seen them on ESPN or anything anywhere ever. some of us dont follow junior league hockey. the Yankees or Cowboys need no introduction.

well, ya know how an emcee introduces Robin Yount or somebody by first saying "our next guest needs no introduction," then rattling off some long list of accomplishments anyway? heh, I figured "complete with obligatory Sid jersey" preceded the need for an actual intro, as some Crosby guy used to play for em. in essence, saying "needs no introduction" and then...not giving an intro

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Very cool! I like the striping on the home and away, it would transfer nicely to real life, I think, getting the waves like the Isles fishsticks jerseys. I think the navy jersey would look a little better if you just added a touch of white to the striping, like maybe a thin line on the outside of the three stripes. I think if you got red of the wavy stripe on the checkered jerseys, it would look better. But overall the checkerboard theme is awesome. Also, I like how you slightly altered a basic block font to fit it better to the jerseys.

Whenever I see a Discrim concept, I know for a fact that I'm in for a treat! This one, was no exception.

I'm really loving the use of the waves on the home and away threads. They have a traditional feel, but could be considered cutting edge. I think the coolest part is that the water waves as striping, colour-wise, match the colours of the waves in the logo. Very cool! I'm glad you decided to use dark blue on the jersey, instead of the lighter blue that's available to you in the logo. The checker-board concept is a bold one, at that. I'm not too sure how much I like the size of the checkers changing in the cuffs, as opposed to the size of the checkers in the torso and back. Also, the logo is getting a tad lost in the checker-board concept, as well. Perhaps a little thicker white outline around it to make it stand out more?

Overall, I really enjoyed this concept. Thanks another great concept, Discrim!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived