NBA ALL-STAR GAME 2011

Hoopskid

Ok, well this was inspired by that MIAMI allstar concept, thought i'd make my own.

I have created concepts in the past, mainly uniforms and sigs, but i've never designed a logo.

Let me be the first to say that I always respected logo artist, but now I respect them even more.

I used parts from the Raptors identity and changed some stuff up.

Personally, I don't like it, and I think I have a lot of work to do, but it was interesting making it and I thought I might as well post it.

Canadian themed (kinda), I didn't want to over do it.

As you can tell, wordmarks are custom and some letters are aswell, the W in west is brutal.

Anyway, lemme know what you think and give me any tips.

BTW I tried making it "realistic" by including the 3 adidas stripes.

allstartoronto.png

Yeah for sure play the Canada angle in this the game in Toronto should have a Canadian feel to it I would like to see the skyline of the Big Smoke thrown in there with the CN Tower really popping out

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

The purple mighta been ok if the Raptors hadn't ditched it this year. That said, can't say that I agree with the usage of purple here (though I actually did like the purple Raps uniforms).

This DOES raise an interesting quandary, however: being that the game IS being played in Toronto in 2011...how DOES the NBA plan to play this up, in regards to the colors and such? One predominantly red or black set with red or black detail (depending on the base color of the dark uniforms), and one white with red and black detail? Are they even going to use black at all? (Oh who am I kidding...they using black!) Interesting...

...Anyway, on to your concept idea here. The main crest actually ain't a bad idea. The second, with the maple leaf and the star, could use some fine-tuning, but it may work.

Good start, though. Let's see where this goes.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Definitely play up the Canada theme, and step away from the raptor style. Whoever said the Raptors just need to change their name is spot on.

On another note, does anyone feel like the NBA all-star game in Canada might be the worst one ever? (I'm Canadian so this is in no means a slam on Canada, just basketball in Canada)

Thanks for the comments guys! I really didn't think of taking this anywhere but I think I just might now. I'll work on fixing some things and maybe throwing in a few more designs.

K, 2 more logos, very Canadian themed.

How can I fix the primary, I like the elements, but removing those black lines just gives it a red plain circle, what should I put in there?

Thoughts?

allstartoronto-1.png

That red space in the circle of the main logo is bothering me too, but I dont know what you could put there. this is the all star game so it should be somewhat fun and maybe even over the top a bit. I am not really a fan of words standing straight up and down over a curved base. it seems unnatural and crammed. I dont think the two new ones you did work either as it doesnt look like a maple leaf anymore in the one. maybe add a third color to spice it up.

The star looks terribly bland. It looks like the type of star that they give you as a tool on whatever program you are using, it doesn't have any life. The way you added some detail near the edges in the fourth logo down on your update, that looks much better. I like that logo the best.

Thanks for the comments guys! I really didn't think of taking this anywhere but I think I just might now. I'll work on fixing some things and maybe throwing in a few more designs.

How can I fix the primary, I like the elements, but removing those black lines just gives it a red plain circle, what should I put in there?

Thoughts?

allstartoronto-1.png

Perfect!

Thoughts?

allstartoronto-1.png

Yep, that's perfection, the NBA should go that route.

Archived