The Canadian Football expansion project: Leftovers

dgnmrwrw

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Certainly an interesting concept. I like the creativity, and that's a pretty crazy helmet. I'm actually not sure if that's good or bad. The eye logo is creative, but I don't really like the striping. Maybe if you got rid of the black outline around the sleeves it'd look better and less cluttered? I think if you simplify the logo and make the eye itself a little more bold and obvious, you've got a great uniform.

scotland_fifasig.png

I thought the thunderbird itself worked well; it was just the wordmark I wasn't feeling. The font just looked cheap and tacked on a bit. I'm sure there are others that could work better.

Yeah, I'd be lying if I said the wordmarks were high priority on these concepts. That said, I actually kinda liked the one on the Thunderbirds logo. But if you didn't like that one, you're gonna hate what's currently on the next one...

Move it from Idaho to maybe Utah or somewhere...

Ironic, because...

Presenting the Salt Lake City Stags.

Logo.png

First: the name. I wasn't sure what to do here (also why the typeface is just a placeholder for now). The mascot is a Rocky Mountain Elk. At first, I was going to go with Elks or even Herd, but the male elk is called a bull, so I went with that. The name is very open to change. (It's been changed to Stags) I'd like to get some opinions on what you guys think is best: Elks, Herd, or Bulls. Colors are Navy blue and Burnt orange. I went with a much more traditional uniform that I had done in previous concepts. Orange helmets, blue jerseys, white pants at home. White on white on the road. Alternate blue pants included for both home and away sets.

Uni-Home.png

Uni-Road.png

Uni-Home-Alt.png

Uni-Road-Alt.png

Comments and suggestions appreciated.

I've always wondered why the mascot of Elk, Moose, Deer, Stags are so rare in sports. I know there are a few teams that use it as it's mascot but I would think that it would be more desireable than it is today. Anyway, I like the concept but I always thought that the Rhein Fire did the best job of making an antler helmet, by mistake, than anyone else.

NFLE_Fire.gif

Ok, I did a complete redo of the Dragons' logos and jerseys. The Eye is gone, and I made a full Dragon's head. I think it looks pretty awesome.

Logo.png

I also reworked the secondary logo and toned down the green in the uniforms. Go back to the original post on the previous page to check out all the changes. I think it is MUCH better now.

And Viola73, you're correct on both points. That Rhein Fire helmet is one of my favorites of all time.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

that has to be one of the best logos ive seen on here, im not a fan of the red and green.

id love to get that as a tattoo but i dont think the wife would approve

also we have a local af2 team called the fever and i presented them wit hsome logo ideas.

currently they have fever across their helmets. i tried a few dragon logos and they said they didnt want to go that way

i would love this as our team logo

I really like the Dragons set, logos, jerseys, the whole shebang. The best improvement I can come up with is to take another look at the secondary logo. Continue the crossing line of the 'R' right into the tail (make it white w/ green outline). Could make the logo cleaner and more clever.

that has to be one of the best logos ive seen on here

Thanks.

I really like the Dragons set, logos, jerseys, the whole shebang. The best improvement I can come up with is to take another look at the secondary logo. Continue the crossing line of the 'R' right into the tail (make it white w/ green outline). Could make the logo cleaner and more clever.

Yeah, I toyed with that a bit, but it messed up the interaction of the colors. I'd probably have to add another outline to it to make it work. I'll probably revisit that.

Well, I don't think any of the changes to the secondary logo are working, so I'll probably keep it as is. Any other thoughts on the Dragons concept? Is the green ok. I'll hopefully have the last of these expansion concepts up soon, then I'll move on to redesigning current CFL teams.

The T-Birds and Dragons concepts are solid. Both have great logos and are simple yet clean looking logos & unis.

The stags have too much detail - though nice looking unis the logo needs to be redone, but that's my opinion.

Very nice work!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Just to catch up, since I have'nt been on in a while. The T-Birds logo is absolutely wonderful. It would look great on an actual uniform. I would stay with the name Stags, even though you are using an elk for the logo. I also like the helmet, a very original look. And lastly, the Dragons logo is great looking. The only thing I might do is put a white trim around the dragon face on the main logo to make it pop. Just the plain red/black could be a little dark. This has been a great thread so far and I look foreward to seeing your take on the current teams in the CFL.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

I'm ready to put this thread to rest and start on my CFL redesign. So I'm gonna go ahead and post this one last expansion idea. It's probably the weakest of these concepts, but I wanted to throw it out there.

Presenting the Portland Rapids.

Logo.png

Located in Portland, Oregon. Colors are black, green, blue, and silver. I'm not exactly thrilled with that logo, but I tried reworking it dozens of times, and that's the best I could make it look. I suppose it's ok. The Rapids wear silver helmets, black jerseys, silver pants at home. White jerseys and silver pants on the road. Alternate black pants included.

Uni-Home.png

Uni-Road.png

Uni-Home-Alt.png

Uni-Road-Alt.png

Hey man, I just wanna say that while I kind of agree the CFL should stay in Canada, ALL of these concepts look amazing. I love the Thunderbirds logo and am a huge fan of the Dragons logo and uniforms. Keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing more.

newsig.jpg

mlb_sh_kalasobit_134.jpg

I would do a white stroke around the dragon, at least on the helmet, but otherwise that logo is AWESOME. Great job!

I'm not sold on the Rapids logo, though. While I think it's really well done, the motion is wrong for a football helmet. The water is flowing toward the back of the helmet on the right side and the R is leaning to the back on the left side.

I'm not sold on the Rapids logo, though. While I think it's really well done, the motion is wrong for a football helmet. The water is flowing toward the back of the helmet on the right side and the R is leaning to the back on the left side.

Yeah, and this drove me crazy. I tried just having the water on there without the R--so I could make it flow toward the helmet on each side--but then it just looked like a jacked-up Vikings helmet. It needs the R to give it an anchor.

It's definitely my least favorite part of any of these concepts, but I couldn't come up with a better solution. Alas... C'est la vie.

Archived