The Canadian Football expansion project: Leftovers

dgnmrwrw

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nice job so far. any chance u can do Rochester, New York?

I had been looking at Albany. Somewhere in upstate NY as a definite possibility. I'll look at Rochester.

Prine Edward Island maybe, or Nova Scotia even.

Halifax, NS was the very first one I did. I didn't think PEI could feasibly support a team, but with the road this seems to be going down, we'll see.

Any chance you would re-do some of the current teams?

Definitely, once I've got all the Expansion-ism out of my system.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Does anybody else have any thoughts on the Idaho Thunderbirds concept? Can I make it work better?

I thought the thunderbird itself worked well; it was just the wordmark I wasn't feeling. The font just looked cheap and tacked on a bit. I'm sure there are others that could work better.

I thought the thunderbird itself worked well; it was just the wordmark I wasn't feeling. The font just looked cheap and tacked on a bit. I'm sure there are others that could work better.

Yeah, I'd be lying if I said the wordmarks were high priority on these concepts. That said, I actually kinda liked the one on the Thunderbirds logo. But if you didn't like that one, you're gonna hate what's currently on the next one...

Move it from Idaho to maybe Utah or somewhere...

Ironic, because...

Presenting the Salt Lake City Stags.

Logo.png

First: the name. I wasn't sure what to do here (also why the typeface is just a placeholder for now). The mascot is a Rocky Mountain Elk. At first, I was going to go with Elks or even Herd, but the male elk is called a bull, so I went with that. The name is very open to change. (It's been changed to Stags) I'd like to get some opinions on what you guys think is best: Elks, Herd, or Bulls. Colors are Navy blue and Burnt orange. I went with a much more traditional uniform that I had done in previous concepts. Orange helmets, blue jerseys, white pants at home. White on white on the road. Alternate blue pants included for both home and away sets.

Uni-Home.png

Uni-Road.png

Uni-Home-Alt.png

Uni-Road-Alt.png

Comments and suggestions appreciated.

I love the way this series has progressed. Excellent work. That Thunderbirds logo is a work of art, and I like the basic design. But, the colors...they just don't work for me. But if you substitute silver for purple, this would be a truly great concept. The purple just doesn't work, IMO. But really, really excellent work all around. Can't wait to see what's next!

scotland_fifasig.png

The Bulls are great. And I like that you went out on an edge for the helmet design. Putting the antlers on the helmet is very creative. But I don't know if it works for me. I like the uniform design, especially the pants. Great job overall on the bulls and the whole series.

jNTsTyQ.png

I love the last one, but I probably would name it Bucks and not Bulls

My problem there is that the animal is an Elk. A Buck is a male deer, while a male elk is called a Bull. Maybe I should just go to Elks. Or bite the bullet and say it's a deer and call them the Bucks.

The Bulls are great. And I like that you went out on an edge for the helmet design. Putting the antlers on the helmet is very creative. But I don't know if it works for me. I like the uniform design, especially the pants. Great job overall on the bulls and the whole series.

I tried putting the logo on the helmet, but because of it's shape it had to be WAY too small.

no on the bulls name, this name requires to much thinking. bulls should be an actual bull. i believe a male elephant is bull as well but i dont think an elephant would work either. change the name to the elks, or bucks or something

Well, the Salt Lake City name has been changed to Stags. The Salt Lake City Stags. That's such a perfect fit, I can't believe it never occurred to me. Thanks to Bleujayone and crkraider22 for the suggestion.

The next concept will be up soon...

nice job so far. any chance u can do Rochester, New York?

I had been looking at Albany. Somewhere in upstate NY as a definite possibility. I'll look at Rochester.

Prine Edward Island maybe, or Nova Scotia even.

Halifax, NS was the very first one I did. I didn't think PEI could feasibly support a team, but with the road this seems to be going down, we'll see.

Any chance you would re-do some of the current teams?

Definitely, once I've got all the Expansion-ism out of my system.

NO WAY PEI could support any type of team like that. We can't even support 2 junior A teams, and a QMJHL team. Thats what we had from 03-08 but the Charlottetown Junior A team took the year off because we couldn't support them. Can't really even support the UPEI team here. Moncton or St. John's NFLD would be the only other places in Atlantic Canada that could support a team. But with a team in Halifax I doubt that that either of those would work.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Ok, I'm gonna throw this one out there and see what happens. I fully expect to get hammered over the logo, but we'll see...

Presenting the Grand Rapids Dragons.

Logo.png

Edit: Logos and jerseys have changed. Now using full Dragon head instead of eye.

First things first, that's supposed to be a dragon's eye. Super fierce, right? But seriously, I didn't want to render a whole dragon or even a dragon head. I've found that I'll alternate between realistic renders (Milwaukee Muskies, Salt Lake City Stags, etc) and more abstract logos (New England Makos, etc). So this one turns out to be WAY on the abstract side. The shapes surrounding the eye are scales. I would still consider trying a different logo, but I liked the way this one looked on the helmet. Here's a closer view of the secondary logo, which is on the jersey sleeves.

Anyway, the colors are red, green, and black. I had to be careful about how I used green, because it didn't play nice with red when they touched. The Dragons wear red helmets, red jerseys, white pants at home. White jerseys and red pants on the road. Alternate home and road sets included.

Uni-Home.png

Uni-Road.png

Uni-Home-Alt.png

Uni-Road-Alt.png

C+C appreciated.

Archived