NHL Alternate Jersey Series

habsfan1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 more teams have been added...

Vancouver Canucks: A vintage green and white jersey with Johnny Canuck based on their pre-NHL years. How can a few stripes look so beautiful? Your answer below.

canucks.png

Minnesota Wild V2: A tribute to the 90s. Inspired by the old Coyotes alternate, I wanted to see if it was possible to make a jersey like that without being ugly. I think I hit it pretty darn well.

wild.png

Phoenix Coyotes: Speaking of the Coyotes, I made them a design based on what they would look like had they been in existence in the 1940s-50s. And yes, it's brown, your monitors are fine.

coyotes.png

Please leave some comments this time....

I really like the idea of the Canucks concept, including the striping idea. I would thicken the blue outline just a little bit in order to get a little more blue in there and make it less white dominant. The next thing I'd do is maybe add another white outline around Johnny because he kind of blends into the jersey.

I also really like the Wild concept, especially the tree pattern. The color balance seems off though. Especially the amount of yellow on the sleeves. Maybe try going with the same pattern as on the hem but with no trees and the yellow and white trim on both the top and bottom.

That's a nice Coyotes crest. I'm surprised the Coyotes didn't use that on their new alternate uniform. The striping pattern looks good as well. Nice job on that. The only thing I'm not sure about is the brown color. Can you explain that decision?

I would rate them 1. Vancouver 2. Phoenix 3. Minnesota. I would love to see the Canucks use the running Johnny Canuck as their logo, that logo looks awesome. Also the striping on the Canuck sweater is simple but works well. I love the crest on the Phoenix sweater. It is very different from anything the franchise has done before and shows their link to the desert. Although it is my leat favorite of the three, I do like the Wild sweater. The body striping reminds me of the tree trim the T-wolves are using on their jerseys, so that is a nice city connection.

roqymbou.pngfx32axau.png

I really like the idea of the Canucks concept, including the striping idea. I would thicken the blue outline just a little bit in order to get a little more blue in there and make it less white dominant. The next thing I'd do is maybe add another white outline around Johnny because he kind of blends into the jersey.

I also really like the Wild concept, especially the tree pattern. The color balance seems off though. Especially the amount of yellow on the sleeves. Maybe try going with the same pattern as on the hem but with no trees and the yellow and white trim on both the top and bottom.

That's a nice Coyotes crest. I'm surprised the Coyotes didn't use that on their new alternate uniform. The striping pattern looks good as well. Nice job on that. The only thing I'm not sure about is the brown color. Can you explain that decision?

I made that concept a while ago. Before posting it, I looked it over to see if anything could use a tweak. I always wanted to try making a brown jersey that looks good so I gave it a try, I liked the result and kept it that way. What I like doing is taking an unpopular jersey element/color and presenting it in a way that's rather appealing. I've done things like that in past concepts as well. For instance, I once made a grey Predators jersey with white stripes and the fossil logo as the crest and it got a positive reaction.

Next up, the Toronto Maple Leafs...

Instead of tweeking their current alternate like everybody else does when posting a Leafs concept, I've completely went the other way. This is what they would look like if they joined the nickname for a crest club. Here it is. ^_^

leafs.png

Instead of tweeking their current alternate like everybody else does when posting a Leafs concept, I've completely went the other way. This is what they would look like if they joined the nickname for a crest club. Here it is. ^_^

leafs.png

NO! I don't know if this is a joke or what, but this is awful. No offense of this was a serious concept. If it is, see how it looks with the letters placed diagonally.

leafs.png

Looks like something that RBK would come up with.

This is awful, the piping is horrible and the word mark may work but not in the font.

Back to the drawing board with this one sir.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Well, I think everything's said 'bout this Leafs concept. I don't like the piping particularly for a Leafs jersey. The script on the front jersey looks just wrong. Maybe it would be better to get rid of the horizontal striping on the front and just leave the yoke-outline and the arm striping. You should definitely go with a leaf or diagonal script on the front.

But I definitely could imagine RbK doing something similar to this...

NO! I don't know if this is a joke or what, but this is awful. No offense of this was a serious concept. If it is, see how it looks with the letters placed diagonally.

Patsox is right with this one. I was not expecting people to tell me that wow it's so nice. So yeah, it was a joke, I'll admit that.

Now I do think it might look good for a pee-wee hockey team but I've decided to post it here just to use it as an example of how RBK could have screwed up other teams that have a distinctive nickname. I've also made a blue Colorado jersey with a script that reads "Avs" but I don't think I'll post it because I think I've fooled around enough over here. But on the bright side, at least comments came pouring in and to me, any comments are better than none at all. :P That's it, enjoy the Leafs!

Looks like something that RBK would come up with.

Actually, RBK would probably put "BUDS" instead of "LEAFS".

Good point ... stupid RBK :mad:

I would WALK to Montreal (I think that's where the RBK hockey headquarters are after the CCM merger deal) and personally kick the :censored: out of whoever was responsible for that!! I think Reebok should do a fan vote before any jerseys are released, maybe then they would get it right!

Not a fan of the Toronto jersey at all. Unnecessary piping and silly name on the front. The Wild jersey is a bit much for me, too. The design is okay, but those colors need lots of care to keep from clashing. Right now it's burning my eyes.

I am, however a big fan of the Phoenix jersey. Love the colors, and the striping is very original. I'd buy one of those.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Archived