NHL Alternate Jersey Series

habsfan1

Next is an updated Washington Capitals set, shorts and helmet included. Now that I've got everyone's attention, it might get more comments this time around. ^_^

And I would like to remind everyone that my Leafs concept was a JOKE. I used it as an example of how RBK could have ruined others teams look by using nicknames, piping, etc. So don't say that it's a failed concept, I knew that before I even posted it.

The Caps: and this one is not a joke.

caps.png

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A certian team in Ottawa might be pissed if the Leafs went with this.

-Dan

A certain fanbase in Toronto would be pissed if Toronto went with this! Complete miss on this one, sorry.

Are you crazy??? Leaf Nation fan will buy any $h!t that organization puts out...

This is nothing worst than the Sens, Bolts, Stars... It would sell.

Leaf Nation got to get over themselves... It's not like we have a traditioning of winning, so maybe we need a Silver jersey with black and baby blue trims that says BUDS across the chest over to the arms to actually change our losing tradition...

Reminds me of that stupid radio ad for Molson Canadian that claims: "Most of all, you know that if anyone is going to bring it all back to Canada, it'll be the greatest team in professional hockey..." referring to the Leafs??? Huummm!!! most storied franchises in all pro sports after the Yankees, who is it???

I'm a Leafs fan, AND a hockey fan, and I hate Leaf Nation... and I don't totally dislike this Jersey.

Or should I say, I don't find it out of place in the current RBK landscape.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Next is an updated Washington Capitals set, shorts and helmet included. Now that I've got everyone's attention, it might get more comments this time around. ^_^

And I would like to remind everyone that my Leafs concept was a JOKE. I used it as an example of how RBK could have ruined others teams look by using nicknames, piping, etc. So don't say that it's a failed concept, I knew that before I even posted it.

The Caps: and this one is not a joke.

caps.png

I like the Caps ALT logo so I find this one appropriate, but you need to bring that logo down a couple of notches.

The trim are still a little too modern... since the current shirt is full on RBK style, I like to see "old school" alternates...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Oilers: Combining the eras.

oilers.png

Remove the shoulder piping with a solid shoulder yoke in white or orange and it will be gorgeous.

I would like to see this as the Home jersey and not the alternate though.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Remove the shoulder piping with a solid shoulder yoke in white or orange and it will be gorgeous.

You know, I've actually tried using both colors and I wasn't pleased with the results. A white yoke just looks wrong and an orange yoke is too flashy. At least, I believe this is the best option: keeping some lines on the shoulders while toning down the flashiness. It's for that very reason I made the numbers white and left the bright orange to only the sleeves.

You know, I've actually tried using both colors and I wasn't pleased with the results. A white yoke just looks wrong and an orange yoke is too flashy. At least, I believe this is the best option: keeping some lines on the shoulders while toning down the flashiness. It's for that very reason I made the numbers white.

Hmm, what about orange inside the white yoke, or same result?

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

You know, I've actually tried using both colors and I wasn't pleased with the results. A white yoke just looks wrong and an orange yoke is too flashy. At least, I believe this is the best option: keeping some lines on the shoulders while toning down the flashiness. It's for that very reason I made the numbers white.

Yeah, same result. Unless the majority of people think an orange yoke is a whole lot better, I kinda wanna keep it the way it is.

I always love the concepts that have old-school Oilers jerseys because they are simply amazing and with the navy they are perfect. For the 2nd Oilers alt that wouldn ever work. I think the fans would hate and I don't like the wordmark idea. And also I'd like to see the first one with orange yolk.

g4104.png

Yeah, same result. Unless the majority of people think an orange yoke is a whole lot better, I kinda wanna keep it the way it is.

I like it the way it is, sans yoke. The orange really pops against the navy. The piping of the yoke doesn't bother me, although I wouldn't mind seeing it go. Great concept!

Boston Bruins: I got the idea from Mitch B, only this one is yellow, etc. So what do you all think? Nice? Beautiful? Ugly? Comments please.

bruins2.png

And a slightly updated version according to a certain comments...

bruins2-1.png

Also, anything else on the Capitals...or Oilers?

I like all of them alot.

The Caps one is very well put together, and the two Oilers jerseys came out really nice.

I have always liked the idea of a yellow/gold Bruins jersey, and I like that one and the logo. Nice work.

2ly2w09.jpg

oilers2.png

I think this would look better if you swapped the reddish colour and the bronze-ish colour on the sleeves and the socks.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Archived