The ULTIMATE Debate

habsfannova

Do you agree with the DH rule?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's definitely one of the weirder ones in sports. I just with the MLB would have a 162 game schedule where every team played a series of games with every team, every year!

Much more entertaining than watching a pitcher bunt.

It's just too bad that there isn't any pitchers out there that could hit like Babe Ruth.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Hmm, it's an interesting question, but it's hard to think of baseball without the DH really now adays. I don't mind it, but I also think pitchers could hit for themselves if it came down to it. Seeing as how the NL pitchers can handle it I think the AL pitchers could do it too.

sig09.jpg

I like it, it acually adds more stratagy to the game because then you have to make a decision then about pulling a pitcher. Where as in the NL, a manager let's his lineup card make the decision. I have heard many managers say managing in the AL is harder. Plus, I hate early innings rallies killed by the pitcher.

I prefer watching when the pitcher has to bat. In that situation, teams have to use more strategic play and make plays to advance the runner. The mentality that I see when i watch AL play is just a swing for the fences mentality. As a BLUE Jays fan, it's not often you see something other than someone just swing away, no bunting, few steals, just sit back and wait for someone to hit the ball...

No way, it should be 9 guys on the field, and the same 9 guys in the line up

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

If you want the best baseball possible you get your top 9 fielders, and your top 9 hitters, play like football with two squads, offense and defense. You could have your two-way players like Vernon Wells, and Jim Edmonds, etc.

It's radical, and out there, I know, but remember football was a 1-team game at one point.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

As Quigs would say "He Jumped Jacked that Baby Outta Here"

Actually Quigs would say "He Jumped Jacked the, er, Outta, Baby Er Hey Er Jumped Jacked the [Howard Dean]Aaaaaaaaaargh[/Howard Dean]!"

....or something like that. That guy was way overrated. He was always stumbling over himself. All he had was Vitale-like energy. I'm sure he's a nice guy and all, but I'm glad he got cut.

As Quigs would say "He Jumped Jacked that Baby Outta Here"

Actually Quigs would say "He Jumped Jacked the, er, Outta, Baby Er Hey Er Jumped Jacked the [Howard Dean]Aaaaaaaaaargh[/Howard Dean]!"

....or something like that. That guy was way overrated. He was always stumbling over himself. All he had was Vitale-like energy. I'm sure he's a nice guy and all, but I'm glad he got cut.

I know he stumbled, but I thought it was a good line, especially since it was off my closer. :cursing:

duke-white-sm.gifcavs2-sm.gifyankees2-sm.gifga-sm.gif

duke.gif

brownsSig.gif

Is that the pithcers Don't Hit rule? Sorry--just something I heard. When I used to play Earl Weaver Baseball--before computers got too fast for it--I played with the DH for the simple reasn that the game didn't track pitcher's hitting stats--one of th game's few flaws.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I hate the DH rule, but its time that either all of professional baseball which uses it everywhere except theNL gets rid of it or the NL adopts it, because its time we have uniform rules.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I hate the DH rule, but its time that either all of professional baseball which uses it everywhere except theNL gets rid of it or the NL adopts it, because its time we have uniform rules.

I couldn't agree more. It starts to become a factor in WS play as well.

Well throughout all the Minors they use the DH so when a pitcher gets to the NL it could be a very long time since he last hit and that could create a situation inviting injury. Which is anotehr argument for making a universal rule one way or the other, perferbly no DH.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived