ScottySprings' 1000th Post Project

scottysprings

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
OMG Heaven... paint compatable version anywhere?!?!?! :cry:

The whole point is teaching people how to use things more advanced than Paint so that concepts can be cleaner and that can be the standard.

well what programs can I use besides paint? I've never really looked into it

temp.png

Well, if you have Illustrator, Scotty is going to help you guys learn that. If you don't have that, I am going to help you guys learn the free program Inkscape to use these. They are both vector programs and I hope that we can help anyone learn the basics of these programs enough to make a clean and solid concept and then you guys can take it to different levels after that. We are already working on the first video. :)

Maybe I shouldn't have said that since nothing has been recorded yet. Anyway, it's pretty much Scotty's call. I will try to mimic his Illustrator videos for Inkscape basically. I haven't decided on any style yet, but I find Heathenx and Richard's videos helpful, so it will probably be something along those lines but definitely more introductory because this is designed for new users. I don't know if I will be able to help you too much since you know what you're doing already. But we hope to have as much useful/new content as possible for any type of user, so we'll see.

Maybe I shouldn't have said that since nothing has been recorded yet. Anyway, it's pretty much Scotty's call. I will try to mimic his Illustrator videos for Inkscape basically. I haven't decided on any style yet, but I find Heathenx and Richard's videos helpful, so it will probably be something along those lines but definitely more introductory because this is designed for new users. I don't know if I will be able to help you too much since you know what you're doing already. But we hope to have as much useful/new content as possible for any type of user, so we'll see.

I'm still learning new stuff all the time, so you never know, I could learn something from your videos. As for Heathenx and Richard, I like their videos, and i've learned quite a bit, but they tend to do sloppy shortcuts instead of figuring out the proper way to do it.

spacer.png

Well, if you have Illustrator, Scotty is going to help you guys learn that. If you don't have that, I am going to help you guys learn the free program Inkscape to use these. They are both vector programs and I hope that we can help anyone learn the basics of these programs enough to make a clean and solid concept and then you guys can take it to different levels after that. We are already working on the first video. :)

oooh I like this. So I can just find Inkscape online if I google it?? Or should I be careful what I download? How bout a link?

temp.png

Thanks a million for doing this. I've been trying to learn how to use Inkscape for about 3 months now and I'm not making much progress because it's so overwhelming. I think this will be a great oppurtinuty for me and any other members trying to make the leap from Paint to a vector program.

g4104.png

Archived