Bigmike's MLB Concepts

bigmike

I love this. Creative, and you've actually given the White Sox...well, white socks. The road script is really nice. I'd suggest using an Olde English C on the home caps to better fit the rest of the identity, but other than that my suggestions are few and far between. On the black alt, I'd suggest making the back panels black. As is, the almost entirely white cap clashes a bit too much with the rest of the identity, but I think a two-tone cap would look great here. Nice job!

scotland_fifasig.png

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a great White Sux concept. Everything is very nicely done. I don't love that new C logo on the hat. It doesn't seem to fit right. I really like the new Chicago script though. As for the alternate, I love it. My favorite part is the white cap. It looks great. I don't like colored pants for baseball, but what you did looks really good. Nice job!

Hey guys I've been preety busy this weekend, thanks for all the C&C, I'm glad I got a lot for this Concept, for the updates I'm going to go with a different C logo, most likely a modified Old English style C. I may try and do some BP jerseys with the update as well.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Bigmike I just wanted to say how much I love the Twins set you made. I know it was from a while back, but I still think it is one of the best Twins concepts I have ever seen. I would love to see this series continue BTW.

Thanks bmac, I plan on continuing the series, just been a liitle busy latley. I have the Update for the White Sox done, so Im posting it now.

Updates

-New C (Slightly Modified Olde English Font)

-Chicago Script w/ new C

-Silver Stripe taken away from Socks for Reg. Uniform Set

-Stripes taken away from Socks for Alternate Uniform Set

-Alternate Hat Changed

Logo Sheet

WhiteSoxLogoSheet-1.png

Home/Away Uniforms

WhiteSoxRegUniformSet-1.png

Alternate Uniorm

WhiteSoxAltUniformSet-1.png

I didnt think I would do the 2 Color Hat for the Alternate like logocruncher suggested but I decided to try it out and I loved how it looks with the jerseys, so I give major props and thanks to logocruncher there. I'm going to hold off on the Rockies a little while, so expect the Mets or Reds next.

That looks like a great set. I can't offer a single piece of criticism for it, because I think it's actually perfect. So, to point out something helpful, I'll just tell you that you forgot to change the 'Chicago' wordmark on the Home/Away Uniforms page. :D

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

That looks like a great set. I can't offer a single piece of criticism for it, because I think it's actually perfect. So, to point out something helpful, I'll just tell you that you forgot to change the 'Chicago' wordmark on the Home/Away Uniforms page. :D

ahaha my bad, at least it was just on the presentation page and not on the uniform, Thanks.

#7 Tampa Bay Rays V.2:Thanks for the Comments on Philly guys, well now I have V.2 of the Rays done and the 7th team compleated, I think this set is alot LOT better than my V.1 Rays Set. Logocruncher asked me to re-post V.1 so y'all could compare both and that's what I am going to do so here are the links to V.1.

Tampa Bay Rays Version 1

Logo Sheet

ST/BP Uniforms

ST/BP Action

Home/Away Uniform

Home/Away Action

Alt. Home Uniform (includes action)

So that's that, I think the 2nd Version look's alot more professional than the first but that's not too hard to do :P haha well anyways I get to my Presentation.

Tampa Bay Rays Version 2 (Upated 4/11/09)

Logo Sheet: For the Logos I did like elliot suggested and got rid of the sunburst, made the TB logo connect, and created a Primary logo. The Primary was a work in progress at first and this one is a bit different than the one I posted a couple pages back. It has more Rays which may be a bad thing but was really the only way I could seperate it from the compass look, the baseball is a little bit bigger as well and features a new TB logo on it which I sketched and then hand-drew in paint. The Wordmark is the same, but the T and B are different in the Tampa Bay one. The hats are preety much the same too except the new logo and the Navy goes with the Away while the Powder Blue goes with the Home, also I put the primary on the BP hat.

RaysLogoSheet-2.png

ST/BP Uniform: I added the Powder Blue as the Clash Set on the Update, I can ony take in some much powder blue in one concept :P. So I went with the Navy Uniforms, White 'Rays' across the chest and Sun Rays under the sleeves on the side. I got a little crazy with it, so I dont know how yall will like it.

RaysBPUniform-1.png

RaysClashBPUniform.png

Home/Away Uniform: For the Jerseys I went with a double piping, Powder Blue and Navy Blue, and then you can preety much see for yourself what I did for the rest. The Aways still have the Powder Blueish Gray Color and now have an Arching Tampa Bay across the Chest, as you can see the Primary Logo is used as a sleeve patch.

RaysRegUniformSet-1.png

Alternate Uniform Set: And here is my favorite part of the concept, I have the Powder Blue Uniforms as a home alt., would be worn on Sundays or daytime games if they'd like. And the new addition, the Road Alt. Navy w/ the TB logo and Number on the Chest.

RaysAltUniformSet-1.png

Well there you go. I would really like to hear alot of comments on this since it is the 2nd go-around at the Rays. The Next team might be the Giants, but I may skip the NL team and go ahead and do the Red Sox because I have a preety good idea for them. If you have a particular team you would like to see just tell me and I will try and get them done soon. Hit me up B)

You should switch the home and away alternates.

• 2 weeks later...

#14 Cincinnati Reds 6/11/09: Okay It's been a while but Ive been real busy with fantasy leagues lately so I havent had much of a chance to work on this. For the Reds you are going to see some stuff similar to other Reds Concepts, but your going to see some new stuff too. I know the White Hat has been done 2 or 3 times before but I love the way it looks with the Reds and I know that people have added the new 'Reds Font' to the Primary C logo before but I've never seen it kept with dropshadow so maybe it's a little different. Also in a attempt to go back and edit the Cardinals, I completly ditched black for the Reds and added sliver in its place, so expect an update on the Cards with black making a slightly bigger role.

Logo Sheet: Okay like I mentioned, I added the new Reds Font, but I kept the dropshadow in the Primary logo, however it is now silver instead of black. The Scripts are preety much the same, just no outline and a dropshadow. The Cap logo is a little different as well as it has the dropshadows behind it. I made an update to Mr.Redlegs (is that his name?), I did something similar to my Twins logo by making him wear a modern style jersey/cap. I used the piping off of the jerseys and used the primary hat. I didnt put a logo on his chest just so it would fit better as a patch on all of the jerseys.

RedsLogoSheet.png

Home/Away Jersey Set: Well I kept the piping consistent on both jerseys, droped the outlines on the numbers and just used dropshadow. The Reds logo is different then the current one on thier jersey, the C and script is red, The Away jerseys have the new piping like I said, and no black anywhere.

RedsRegUniformSet.png

Alternate Jersey Set: Okay So I did two alternates here much like the Twins set again. I did a Sunday Alt. Home jersey, it is the only one worn with the white hat at all times, It is a vest and has the same piping as all the other jerseys but the major difference here is the 'Reds' across the chest, I dont think I've ever seen that done before and I really liked the idea. The next Alternate is like their Red jersey they wear now, it is a home/away Alternate. If worn at home then it would have the White Home pants and Red or White hat. If worn on the Road it would be worn with Gray pants and Reg. Red Hat. I just displayed the Red Hat and white pants because that is the 1st Option.

RedsAltUniformSet.png

Alright I'd love to hear some thoughts on how the set looks and how I might could improve it. I shoud be getting alot more done since it is summer now but just depends on how much time I have. I'm going to try the Rangers next, I was thinking about ditching Navy for them but I dont know, any help on that would be great, and I could possibly try a new color for them too in place of Navy/Red but I'm not sure yet.

Like McDonalds, I'm lovin' it. This is really nice. Currently, the Reds have my favorite (!) set in the Majors, so I kind of assumed that this would be a downgrade. But in fact, the replacement of black with silver does wonders and the overall look is amazing. Really clean, and works well. I don't really have any critiques, in fact. Really good work here, and I can't wait to see the next one.

scotland_fifasig.png

The red eyes on Mr. Redlegs make him look like he's on crack.

Okay I'm going to give this a quick bump so it wont fall to the 2nd page.

I forgot to mention I gave Mr.Redlegs red eyes, and it is obvious to see but I didnt like the white eyes. I was expecting someone to say he looks evil or something. If I need to I could change them to Silver after I hear some more thoughts.

Thanks logocruncher, I love their uniforms too so I was just trying hard to think of a way to improve their set, and hopefully I succeded.

I'm going to do a Cardinals update today probably, and I would also like to hear on what i could do for the Rangers, I was thinking about using more red then blue or take one of the colors out and replacing it with something else. Heres a set I remeber seeing Pudge play in when I was little, those were some of my favorite uniforms but I think they do need another color used more with red and blue probably fits the best but like I said earlier I would like to eliminate some red and blue color schemes since it is used alot.

On your Rangers concept suggestions, I like the idea of going red. I've always felt that they're a franchise constantly in flux identity-wise, so maybe a redesign is in order. Maybe a lone-star theme, like this except, well, better. Can't wait!

scotland_fifasig.png

#15 Texas Rangers: Okay so this is probably the most different Rangers concept around here because the colors are different. I took logo crunchers suggestion by updating the logo he posted a link too, and I kind of "re-did" their look, the Primary is a updated version of the secondary posted with elements from their current primary like the baseball. Also looking at their Cap logos I noticed a sort of Bronze-Sand Color used for accent, so I decided to let it play a big part by becoming the secondart color and ditching blue completely. I'm sure I will also hear that this is too close to the Astros or the Sunday alt. is similar to the Angels but I am going to change colors completly for the Stros and Im probably going to add more blue or a gold color to the Angels and seperate the Alts.

Logo Sheet: Okay like I mentioned above this is a new color scheme, and it features a new Primary, what I did was cut out the star from this alt. logo, and then I used the baseball in their current primary which is something I may end up ditching because most of the seams get lost behind the star. I gave it a new banner and script as well. The script is also new although it is a font very similar to their current just much bolder and blockier. So that means the T is slightly different also.

RangersLogoSheet.png

Home/Away Uniform Set: The piping is the same as the current I think, but I added the new RANGERS script across the Home since they are the Texas Rangers and not the Texas Texas's. The Away is a lighter shade of the Sand Color, which makes it unique like the Padres. It features the Texas Script across it, both have the Primary Logo as the Sleeve Patch.

RangersRegUniformSet-1.png

Alternate Uniform Set: Well I went with yet another Sunday Vest alt. and Color Alternate for both Home and Road. The Sunday Home Alt. is cream with the two color piping around the sleeve hoops, features the old Rangers Script across the Chest. and has the Alternate hat which has a T w/Texas Flag over it. The regular Alternate uniform is for both Home and Road, it has the T w/flag logo and number across the chest. It could be worn on the road with the sand color pants also.

RangersAltUniformSet.png

Alright so theirs my take on the Rangers, hopefully I can get some more C&C on this since I didnt get much on the Reds concept. I'm getting away from Red in the next couple concepts, The Mets will be next, and after that the Mariners or Royals.

Really nice work here. This is a totally unique look for the Rangers, and it works IMO. I like the new sand color; fits Texas, but isn't overdone. The unis are pretty simple overall, which I love, and the cream home alt is beautiful. There's just one little suggestion I have...it's pretty nit-picky, but it stands out (to me) like a sore thumb: the name on back and the TEXAS (road) wordmark are both radially arched, but the RANGERS (home) wordmark appears to be very slightly vertically arched. I'd say fix that (radially arched works better in this case, IMO), and you're golden! Also, what are the two tan caps for? Are there some BPs floating around? Nice job- this has become one of my favorite series', right up there with elliott's and bohob's.

scotland_fifasig.png

Really nice work here. This is a totally unique look for the Rangers, and it works IMO. I like the new sand color; fits Texas, but isn't overdone. The unis are pretty simple overall, which I love, and the cream home alt is beautiful. There's just one little suggestion I have...it's pretty nit-picky, but it stands out (to me) like a sore thumb: the name on back and the TEXAS (road) wordmark are both radially arched, but the RANGERS (home) wordmark appears to be very slightly vertically arched. I'd say fix that (radially arched works better in this case, IMO), and you're golden! Also, what are the two tan caps for? Are there some BPs floating around? Nice job- this has become one of my favorite series', right up there with elliott's and bohob's.

Thanks, I noticed I messed the arching up when I did the concept, and forgot to go back and fix it so I went ahead and did it now. The Two tan Caps are BP hats, and I forgot to mention I'm going to try and get some BP sets up with this, Any ideas for those would be very helpful if anyone has any.

Would love to hear some more thoughts also

Black pants should never be on a baseball jersey, they look so stupid

Bigmike I just wanted to say how much I love the Twins set you made. I know it was from a while back, but I still think it is one of the best Twins concepts I have ever seen. I would love to see this series continue BTW.

Thanks bmac, I plan on continuing the series, just been a liitle busy latley. I have the Update for the White Sox done, so Im posting it now.

Updates

-New C (Slightly Modified Olde English Font)

-Chicago Script w/ new C

-Silver Stripe taken away from Socks for Reg. Uniform Set

-Stripes taken away from Socks for Alternate Uniform Set

-Alternate Hat Changed

Logo Sheet

WhiteSoxLogoSheet-1.png

Home/Away Uniforms

WhiteSoxRegUniformSet-1.png

Alternate Uniorm

WhiteSoxAltUniformSet-1.png

I didnt think I would do the 2 Color Hat for the Alternate like logocruncher suggested but I decided to try it out and I loved how it looks with the jerseys, so I give major props and thanks to logocruncher there. I'm going to hold off on the Rockies a little while, so expect the Mets or Reds next.

"Every success is built on the ability to do better than good enough"

Archived