Bigmike's MLB Concepts

bigmike

Okay I got the Alternates done, I preety much went with what bmac said and made the vest and blue uniforms, the Vest is cream an feat. the TC logo and Number on the Chest, the piping is the same from the Home jerseys, it would be worn only on Sunday Home Games.

TwinsSundayAltUniformSet.png

Now to the Blue Alternate, like bmac said I put the 'Twins' script across the chest which was a great idea, the script matches the M on the Hat, so that hat would be worn with these jerseys even if they wore these at home. I included the Gray and Cream pants, so that they can wear this jerseys home or away.

TwinsAltUniformSet.png

Thanks alot to bmac for giving his idea on the alternates, I've got the away jersey updated on the original post, I would love to hear some more thoughts and the Cardinals will be up tonight or tommarow.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is beautiful. Top to bottom, I love this concept. The home and road sets are nice and simple, look old-school and harken back to the "good ol' days", and the alternates (especially the cream vest) are things of beauty. The updated patch logo is really nice, too. Really, really nice work here. A+. Oh, and the Nats update is great.

scotland_fifasig.png

Well thanks again for all the positive feedback on the Twins, I'm really glad everyone liked it because I wasnt so sure y'all would. I have finished the next Concept, for the St. Louis Cardinals, and I have knew I wanted to stray away from some red/blue color schemes and I have already done a bunch, Braves, Phillies, Red Sox, Twins, and the Nationals, so for the Cardinals I ditched Navy and focused on red more since it seems to be the main color for them anyways, black and yellow play a little bit of a bigger role in replacing the Navy but Red is used far more throughout this concept.

#12 St. Louis Cardinals

Logo Sheet: I think the Cardinals alreday have a wonderful logo set, so I decided to keep their logos, like I said I ditched navy, and it is replaced with black in the logos. So with the elimination of Navy that leaves only one Hat for the Cards, everything is preety simple and mainly focuses on the color change.

CardinalsLogoSheet.png

BP/ST Uniform: The BP is red and a simplization (is that a word?) of the Regular Uniforms, with the piping coming from the cuffs and connecting to the collar (spolier alert), Now I'm not a fan of the same color on color jerseys like the Braves having Blue-on-Blue, but I dont think it would look bad on some BP uniforms, and I used a double outline on the sript/NOB/numbers.

CardinalsBPJersey.png

Home/Away Uniform: Okay so if you read the explanation about the BP jersey and saw the concept then you should know what to expect here, I like raysox wanted to use this style piping, and I thought since the Cardinals have no piping, they could use this, plus they were the original team to have this (I think?), another change is St. Louis is on the Away uniforms, Red Hat for the Grays as well, the socks would be red with a White triple striping, no navy.

CardinalsRegUniformSet.png

Alternate Uniform: The Cardinals do not have a Alternate as far as I know, and I think a red jersey could be nice, although they would likely use a red-on-red style jersey, so I tweaked the BP Script by taking away the white outline on the "Cardinals', but keeping it on the bat and birds, that way I could make te Cardinals script white. The piping is white as well.

CardinalsAlternateJersey.png

So there's the Cardinals, I know I didnt do much except for the jerseys, but I didnt think the Cardinals needed much done and I know the color change is different for them as well. I was expecting to do the Royals next, but I'm lacking AL West Concepts so I may try the Mariners/Rangers/Angels next, or I may wait till the Royals are out of the way. I would love to hear comments on this set as well as some more on the twins.

This is great. Nice mix of the old and new, and some new stuff too (Aha! A rhyme!). The replacement of navy with black is pretty much a lateral move, as the black doesn't really look different on the wordmark and there's no different-colored road cap, but I guess it makes more sense considering that cardinals have black on their faces. I like the piping quite a lot, though on your template it is very crooked. You might want to straighten that out! I like the over-the-shoulder look in small doses, and it ties into their history nicely. Great work here!

scotland_fifasig.png

This is great. Nice mix of the old and new, and some new stuff too (Aha! A rhyme!). The replacement of navy with black is pretty much a lateral move, as the black doesn't really look different on the wordmark and there's no different-colored road cap, but I guess it makes more sense considering that cardinals have black on their faces. I like the piping quite a lot, though on your template it is very crooked. You might want to straighten that out! I like the over-the-shoulder look in small doses, and it ties into their history nicely. Great work here!

Thanks, the piping is actually just how it came on the template, I didn't make it, just painter-ized it. I would like to hear some more comments also, on both the cards and the twins since there have only been a few.

No, sorry, but replacing the navy with black and you then have two red and black teams in the NL central. It looks way too much like the Reds.

I like the piping, but it needs navy, and navy away hats.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

No, sorry, but replacing the navy with black and you then have two red and black teams in the NL central. It looks way too much like the Reds.

I like the piping, but it needs navy, and navy away hats.

But the black is such a small part of this concept. It is mainly red and white, I don't see this as being too close to the Reds.

I like the striping pattern, it is very unique. I think that more teams should go with different striping than the traditional ones you see.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Cardinals concept looks good. I'm not 100% sold on the switch to black, but it looks ok. Very nice use of the St. Louis script on the road. I like the idea behind the striping as well. The only thing I would suggest is to use another color more. It looks a little bland as is. Perhaps you could emphasize the yellow or black/navy a little more. Overall, nice concept!

• 2 weeks later...

#13 Chicago White Sox - Well Happy Summer to everyone, I just got out of school for summer break yesterday and found alot of time to do another concept. I was going to do the Royals, but I want that to come a little later because I'm going for a complete (logo) rebrand for them, and I already started on their jerseys and let me just say they are very unique but you will know them when you see them. But that's a different concept and is coming later in the series. I got inspiration to do a White Sox concept after seing a recent discussion of their uniforms in the MLB 2009 thread.

Logo Sheet: For the Most part the logos are the same, I flipped Diamond w/ a Sock Logo with the Sox logo, so it is the new primary. The big difference is the new 'Chicago' Script, I wanted something to match the 'Sox' logo better, and I have used scripts alot in this series so I wanted to do something different. I modified a couple different fonts to make this so it's not one particular font, and it would match the lettering in the Sox logo better. The Home hat is now different, I used a new 'C' logo for it, and I originally planned to just use that at for the road, but I figured since the Sox logo is already on the home, that it could be used for both. Yes the alternate hat is white :blink:, you will see why once we get to the Alternate uniform.

WhiteSoxLogoSheet.png

Home/Away Uniform Set: The Uniforms are just a tweak basically, because I think they have some of the nicest unis in all of baseball. The Home has sleeve cuffs from the Away added, except the White piping from the away is now silver. The Away sports the new Road Script, and they both have the same hat.

Biggest Difference may be the socks, Now I did go with the crowd, the White Sox should wear White Socks, but I dont think plain white sox would look good with white and gray uniforms, so I went with a double stripe that matchs the piping, and above the silver piping the sock is black, so it's kind of a triple strip style except the top stripe is very thick.

WhiteSoxRegUniformSet.png

Alternate Uniform: Now the White Sox have had some crazzzyy uniforms in the past, the collared shirts and shorts, the chest striped jersey, and even the 1900's Away uniforms were Monochrome. Well this might add to this crazy uniform history or it may be a thing of beauty, and it could just be that you dont want to see colored pants in the MLB. Now this really isn't my idea, I was reading all the thoughts in the MLB thread and I think it was Gothamite who posted this idea of Black pants with a link to the Portland Minor League team's alternate uniform. I fell in love with those uniforms as soon as I saw them. So I tried to mimick that here, and the socks differ from the rest of the sets socks, because the top stripe is white instead of black, and the hat is also white.

WhiteSoxAltUniformSet.png

....and just because I had to see what this might really look like on the field.

WhiteSoxAltActionShot.png

so that's the White Sox set, I'm thinking it will be mixed reviews, and I'm not sure anyone will like the Alternate, but I was going for something a bit different. The Rockies are most likely next, but I've had ideas for the Mets, and Reds. C&C please.

i think the twins (we know they are updating the identity for the opening at Target field) have some awesome opportunities to use fonts and both scripts, if you have ever seen the explore minnesota commercials they have some interesting fonts, here are some examples

minnesota.gif

explore.gif

picture1tug.jpg

i personally love the "my favorite minnesota" font, would be awesome for a wordmark

For your Chicago White Sox concept:

I don't think the 'C' logo fits in with the rest of your set. Everything else seems pointed and sharp, and the 'C' is just rounded. It looks out of place as its own logo, and it looks out of place in the 'Chicago' script. I'm also not 100% sold on the sock striping on any of the sets. A black band around the top really should be enough for the home and road uniforms, and the alternate really could just be solid white.

That being said, I like the rest of the concept, including the crazy all-black alternate. Is it off-the wall? Absolutely. But Chicago is frigid for a significant part of the baseball season, and an all-black set isn't going to kill them like it would a team from Florida or Arizona or California. If they wore that in Northern cities and at home every so often during April, May and September, I can't see a real problem with it. The purists will want your head on a platter, but I think it works.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

White Sox look pretty good, I love the new script. The black alternate is definitely out there, I have often thought of how it wouldn't look good on the field, but I think yours looks good and might actually work. Although, it could get a little hot in all black.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I think the white sox uni set that features all black is way cool. It's a great update of the uni they wore in the late 70s / early 80s. I would love a team to step up and do something like this. The NFL recently went to a monochromatic look that I think works. This one definitely does. Great job!

#13 Chicago White Sox - Well Happy Summer to everyone, I just got out of school for summer break yesterday and found alot of time to do another concept. I was going to do the Royals, but I want that to come a little later because I'm going for a complete (logo) rebrand for them, and I already started on their jerseys and let me just say they are very unique but you will know them when you see them. But that's a different concept and is coming later in the series. I got inspiration to do a White Sox concept after seing a recent discussion of their uniforms in the MLB 2009 thread.

Logo Sheet: For the Most part the logos are the same, I flipped Diamond w/ a Sock Logo with the Sox logo, so it is the new primary. The big difference is the new 'Chicago' Script, I wanted something to match the 'Sox' logo better, and I have used scripts alot in this series so I wanted to do something different. I modified a couple different fonts to make this so it's not one particular font, and it would match the lettering in the Sox logo better. The Home hat is now different, I used a new 'C' logo for it, and I originally planned to just use that at for the road, but I figured since the Sox logo is already on the home, that it could be used for both. Yes the alternate hat is white :blink:, you will see why once we get to the Alternate uniform.

WhiteSoxLogoSheet.png

Home/Away Uniform Set: The Uniforms are just a tweak basically, because I think they have some of the nicest unis in all of baseball. The Home has sleeve cuffs from the Away added, except the White piping from the away is now silver. The Away sports the new Road Script, and they both have the same hat.

Biggest Difference may be the socks, Now I did go with the crowd, the White Sox should wear White Socks, but I dont think plain white sox would look good with white and gray uniforms, so I went with a double stripe that matchs the piping, and above the silver piping the sock is black, so it's kind of a triple strip style except the top stripe is very thick.

WhiteSoxRegUniformSet.png

Alternate Uniform: Now the White Sox have had some crazzzyy uniforms in the past, the collared shirts and shorts, the chest striped jersey, and even the 1900's Away uniforms were Monochrome. Well this might add to this crazy uniform history or it may be a thing of beauty, and it could just be that you dont want to see colored pants in the MLB. Now this really isn't my idea, I was reading all the thoughts in the MLB thread and I think it was Gothamite who posted this idea of Black pants with a link to the Portland Minor League team's alternate uniform. I fell in love with those uniforms as soon as I saw them. So I tried to mimick that here, and the socks differ from the rest of the sets socks, because the top stripe is white instead of black, and the hat is also white.

WhiteSoxAltUniformSet.png

....and just because I had to see what this might really look like on the field.

WhiteSoxAltActionShot.png

so that's the White Sox set, I'm thinking it will be mixed reviews, and I'm not sure anyone will like the Alternate, but I was going for something a bit different. The Rockies are most likely next, but I've had ideas for the Mets, and Reds. C&C please.

Why are there some people on the boards so happy to get rid of the blue from the Cards set? To me the cards are one of those teams were all you can do and get away with is fairly minimal changes. Losing the navy altogether is tooo much.

That said I like most of the White Sox unis. Though the hats are all wrong. Put the Sox back on there and you are good to go. Love the black alternate. I have a picture in my mind of Rube Foster wearing a similar outfit, and I like that little nod (deliberate or otherwise) to the Negro Leagues.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived