Bigmike's MLB Concepts

bigmike

#4 San Diego Padres: Hello everyone! I'm finnaly back with the next concept, I've been working on this one for the past 3 days or so and I think it turned out very nice. It's going to be different though because the Colors I used, I went back to Brown and Orange which is preety common in Padre concepts, but instead of yellow I went with a Tannish Sand Color. I think the colors really work well but it may remind you alot of the Giants, especially the uniforms because I used a piping that is preety much the same as the Giants. Luckily I'm doing the whole MLB so when the Giants come the jerseys will be different.

Scroll Down for Updated Presentation

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, here goes. I'm impressed with the level of work you put into it; you obviously thought a lot about what you wanted the Padres to look like, and I like the "uniquity" (is that a word?) of the color scheme. Nice work. But, of course, there's the perfunctory set of suggestions...

First of all, the scripts really don't go well together. The San Diego script is the same basic font as what they currently have, whereas the Padres script is from a different era altogether. I'd choose one of them and stick with it.

Second, the pinstripes on the homes are way too numerous and close together. I couldn't really even tell that they were pinstripes. I really like the tan color, but make them a little bolder and more widely spaced.

Third, the new cap logo is barely new at all. You just added a little serif at the end of the S, and the two letters kind of run together and look sloppy. I'd recommend keeping the current logo.

Finally, the cap needs to be brown. On the home jersey, it just looks dirty and doesn't match the white look. On the road it doesn't look so bad, but it still looks a little strange to have a tan cap.

Overall, this is pretty good work that, with some changes, could get a lot better. Nice job.

scotland_fifasig.png

It'd look a whole lot better without the orange. I like the tan, I like the brown, but orange and tan just don't really work together. Each can work with brown separately, but not with each other.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I just realized, there are a couple more things I'd like to add. Personally, I'd go with the San Diego script. It looks more traditional (with a modern flair, of course) and overall is just a better "look". It also seems to fit the color scheme best. Also, change the font on the ring around the primary. It looks like Times New Roman in italics. Once again, I like the unique direction this is going in, so keep on working at it!

scotland_fifasig.png

Thanks logocruncher, what you said make's alot of sence, So I'll make a new 'Padres' Script with the same wordmark and update the Primary logo as well, As for the pinstripes, that was a fault in the presentation I wouldnt want them to be so numerous and skinny, sorry about that I will fix it. The SD logo is actually a different font then the one they use now, but I could go in a make it look like the current one now, It interlocks differently so they may have been what you meant. And I will go in and change out the Hats, your right the brown does look alot better now that I look back at it, I may try the tan hat with the Brown BP set. I really like the Colors aci, if I could darken the orange or something would that help? I just feel this is a unique color set and I want to try and make it work. I will work on an update for this set tonight, but no promises on when it will be posted, keep the comments comin!

Edit- Oh and I just realized, I planned to add the Primary as a patch in the first place but I forgot, so should I add that on the update?

Wow! This might be one of the best Padres concepts I've seen in a while. I'm gonna have to strongly disagree with aci because I absolutely LOVE the color scheme. I have seen brown and yellow done for San Diego quite often, but I think the orange with brown is great. I like the tan roadies, those are also very unique. I also wouldn't mind seeing the swinging friar logo used as an alternate or on the BP cap.

On a separate note: logocruncher, maybe the word your looking for is uniqueness. :D

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Wow! This might be one of the best Padres concepts I've seen in a while. I'm gonna have to strongly disagree with aci because I absolutely LOVE the color scheme. I have seen brown and yellow done for San Diego quite often, but I think the orange with brown is great. I like the tan roadies, those are also very unique. I also wouldn't mind seeing the swinging friar logo used as an alternate or on the BP cap.

On a separate note: logocruncher, maybe the word your looking for is uniqueness. :D

Yeah I think I might bring him back too, He will be the Replacement Logo for the standalone "P".

Well here is the Update for the Padres, and I really like how the PADRES script looks in the new font, so here are the changes I made.

#4 San Diego Padres Update 4/4/09

-Primary Logo: Now features new script for 'Padres' and 'San Diego'

-Hat: Threw out the Tan Hat completely, New 'SD' logo, Orange BP Hat now has the Swinging Friar logo on it, he was updated with the new colors, a big version of him in the new colors can be seen here.

-'Padres' Script: Updated to match Away Script

-Home Jerseys: Pinstripes were thickened

Logo Sheet: Well as I said I updated the Primary, I also Changed the SD logo, now it interlocks instead of just combining. I added the Swinging Friar once again but now in the new colors.

BP/Spring Training Jerseys: The Brown BPs have switched to the Primary Set, while the Orange BP is the 'Clash/Light' Set, if they play a team with Navy, Black, or brown jerseys they would wear the orange. Anyways the Padres font was obviously updated, along with the SD on the Brown jerseys, the Swinging Friar is now the Cap logo for the Orange jerseys.

Home/Away Jerseys: Scripts and 'SD' updated, Brown would be used with this set. Also The Primary logo is now used as a patch on the sleeve. And presentation wise I thickend the pinstripes, look's much better IMO thanks to logocruncher for pointing that out!

Alternate Jerseys: Updates the Scripts/SD, and added the patch on the Alt. Away Set.

Alright there's the Padres set, hope it is now complete, thanks guys for commenting and helping me out on this. Im very excited about the next team which is the Rays, I have drawing logos for them all week, and all I can say is the next concept for them will be much cleaner and better quality than the last. C&C is appreciated!

Hmm... no thoughts on the Update? Well no matter what I am moving on, I've told yall that I have been doing logos for the Rays all week and this is the Final Result from mind to paper to Computer on the Logo, I worked with their current Font and made a new TB logo. This logo Im showing you is the Primary, it is a Baseball with Sun Rays behind it, it features Navy Seams and Yellow Rays, I went with a 3D look on the Rays and thought it made it look so much more professional than without. and you can see the new TB logo on the first one. Then I decided to make it with Rays on it so I rotated the Baseball and added the Rays Wordmark on it, no more sunburst on the Wordmark and now just one Outline around it. I would really like to hear what yall have to think, I freehanded this in paint, I realize it does not look extremely clean, I could try and run it through vector magic or if someone wouldnt mind they could vectorize it for me. I want to hear what yall think about it though before I move on with the rest of the Concept.

TampaBayRaysLogoConcept.png

The Padres update is much better. I'd like to see the action shots of them, but the basic look is much improved. I like the new Padres script as well; it matches the road script much better. Nice work.

As for the Rays...

I'm not a fan of the TB logo at all. It just looks kinda...slapped on there. The B looks like an afterthought, and I much prefer their current cap logo. That said, I really like the addition of powder blue. It's a unique color and one which deserves to be used by the Rays. I like the rest of the look well enough. Pretty simple, but it works.

scotland_fifasig.png

Tampa Bay looks like you are trying too hard to combine elements. The sun is static, doesn't have much life, and looks like a compass. The navy baseball outlines clash with the lighter colors behind it, and the baseball is pretty boring. Like logocruncher said, the TB and the Rays look really slapped on, they don't flow well and it's why I said you tried to combine elements of your design and their current design, but it just doesn't work. The update to the cap logo doesn't fix much, either. It still doesn't flow, maybe if you made them interlock some other way it would be better, but they still look detached by what you did to the outlines.

Okay Ive made a couple of sketches for a TB logo that connects better, so I will scan it in later, Im keeping the baseball and sun rays, so how do I make the baseball less boring and make the sun have more life and less static?

Edit-Oh and Logocruncher, I will post the First Rays set with the Complete Presentation for them, Im throwing out the Presentation background too, I love it and Im not sure if yall like it but either way I would like to start posting the concepts in images instead of links so Im going to use a different presentation.

bump, since I didnt do action shots for the Padres I did a picture of Jake Peavy in the Orange Batting Practice uniforms, I may do the rest of the set too but Im not sure, anways I thought this turned out preety nice.

JakePeavy.png

The hat look's preety cool with the Friar on it, anways like I asked before, how can I make the Sun look less static and more like a sun than a compass in the Rays logo as well as make the baseball less boring, I really would like to know so I can improve that particular logo.

#5 New York Yankees : Well I preety much messed with tradition here, and even though they are just tweaks, Yankee fans may hate this, I like the Yankees home uniforms, and when I think pinstripes I think Yankees, classy uniforms but I made some tweaks, as well as updating the Primary logo and others. Oh and this is the first team with the new Design Template.

Logo Sheet: I really like the Yankees Primary logo but it feature's way too much red for a team that doesn't use any red. The script does not match the Yankees Cursive Script either or at least the most recognized one, so I recolored it, the bat is now silver, and the only red in it is on the Unlce Sam Hat which should stay if his hat is going to be there. I made modifications to the letters 'Y','a', 'k', and 's' to match the 'Yankees' Script you see here. In their primary now the script is different. I also wanted to be consistent with the 'NY' logo, I love the one on their jerseys but I went with the Cap logo, it feature's a double outline on it as well. Sorry for all the hats, the middle is for the Throwback set and I liked the idea of a Silver NY on the Roads so it will match the new Road Alt.

YankeesLogoSheet.png

Spring Traning/BP Uniforms: I preety much got this inspiration from Alabama's Basketball Uniforms, and it matches the pants, basically the same template the MLB uses now but with pinstripes on the stripe. The Normal BP's would be shiney and more of a silver color than a dull gray uniform, I also went with the Cursive 'Y' logo on these hats.

YankeesBPUniformSet.png

Home/Away Uniforms: Well for the Home I didnt stray too far away from their currents, still pin-stripes and no names, but now features the Primary as a patch, outlines on the numbers that matches the new NY logo, which is also on here. Also the Triple Stripe Piping that is on their current Roads appears on both the Home and Roads, now to the Roads, preety much the same except...PINSTRIPES!!! Like I said when I think Yankees I think Pinstripes, and I think this would look great on the field.

YankeesRegUniformSet.png

Alternate Home/Away Uniforms: Well I love the Yankees script and wanted to use it for an alternate, so I did, features the piping from their Current Aways again, and is just very simple, the piping is also featured on the pants. The White uniform would be a Sunday Alternate. Then the Road Alts. which feature the Silver w/ white outline 'New York' script from their BPs, I fell in love with those BPs when I first saw them so I thought I would transfer that to a permanent Road Alternate.

YankeesAltUniformSet.png

Oh I almost forgot I have a Throwback set!

Throwback Uniform: Yep I decided I woud keep their Current Homes as a Throwback set, but you will notice this uniform is different, it is not the Cool Base Template which I use for all the others, and the pinstrips almost make the jersey look like a vest, which is how it looked when Mantle and Marris played. You will also notice I used Babe Ruth's number, why? Well because when they wear these uniforms it would be on special events, maybe a day to remeber Ruth or if a player is getting their number retired or a player has passed away like last year. Then the whole team would wear these uniforms with that number on it. Also the whole team would be required to wear stir-ups or socks w/ stir-up print on it.

YankeesThrowbackUniformSet.png

Well it wasnt a complete rebrand but it might feel like it for the Yankees and I had the most fun out of all the teams so far with this set. The next team will most likely be the Phillies, but I have been experimenting with the Giants too so it will be one of the two, C&C please!

I love the Yankees' current unis, so no matter what this is a downgrade. Sorry. That said, it has much more to do with the sheer excellence of their current set than any flaws with this one. In fact, this is one of the best Yankees concepts I've seen on these boards- interesting to see silver on the Bombers. Really, really good idea here. Now, it's...suggestion time!

First and foremost, please don't use Cool Base uniforms! The mesh triangles under the armpits interrupt the pinstripes and it REALLY doesn't look so hot. That's a comment more about the presentation than the concept itself.

Next: I'm not a fan of road pinstripes in any capacity, personally. They really don't add much and just make it look like a dark gray when viewed from a distance. That said, if any team should do it, it's the Yanks.

I love the home alternate and throwback. But the road alternate just looks more like a BP jersey than anything else.

The primary BP jersey is really cool just in its originality, but the silver cap needs to go. Speaking of which, I think you could eliminate three of those caps: the silver BP cap and the two outlined NY-logo ones.

All in all, nice work here. Hope my C&C helps!

scotland_fifasig.png

If you are going to add pinstripes to the roads, you might as well add pinstripes to the alternates too. I don't see much wrong about this except that some people think road pinstripes are ugly. I actually kind of like them mostly because the Twins wear them, but others tend not to. Other than that, I think it looks pretty good, especially the primary logo.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

If you are going to add pinstripes to the roads, you might as well add pinstripes to the alternates too. I don't see much wrong about this except that some people think road pinstripes are ugly. I actually kind of like them mostly because the Twins wear them, but others tend not to. Other than that, I think it looks pretty good, especially the primary logo.

Well I like the Pinstripes on the road especially for the Yankees, plus the Twins Aways look really good to me, the reason I didnt add pinstripes to the Alternates is because a Navy jersey with White pinstripes is going to look ugly especially at a professional level, and I thought I would change it up on the Home Alternates so I dont want to add pinstripes to those.

Thanks for the suggetions logocruncher and BJB, I think I will do like logocruncher said and drop 3 of the hats, those being the outlined NY hats and te Silver BP hat, I like the Cool Base template mainly because the MLB uses it, but I could add pinstripes over the mesh triangle, like I did on the BPs, I thought about something different for the Road Alt but Im not too sure it would fly, I could make the script blue and the numbers blue, and add a double outline to both, it would look preety similar to what the Braves Alt. Roads look like now and Im not so sure I want that but I dont think it would look too bad, either way I do plan on keeping the Blue Alt. Keep the C&C coming, I know I will have the Phils done ny Friday so stay tuned.

Archived