Bigmike's MLB Concepts

bigmike

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I have been planing this out for a while now and I told you guys to look out for a Batting Practice Set, but after getting all of the positive feedback I decided I would work on making this a Series of MLB Concepts, I hope too do all of the teams, some teams will be complete rebrands and some will be little tweaks. I went ahead and did a Logo Presentation for the Atlanta Braves which are the First Team of the Series, and I did a Spring Training/Batting Practice Set as well, for the Batting Practice Uniforms I will probably do something similar to elliot, by doing different designs for each team instead of every team using the same template and have Home/Away Sets for them, I will get the rest of the jerseys up on the new template and presentation soon but for now here is the logo sheet and BP uniforms.

Click on the Bold Links to see concept

#1 Atlanta Braves

Logo Sheet: For the Logos I just used everything they have now except I brought back the Feather, I really like it and like how well it fits with this set. I also include all of the Jersey Scripts and Hat logos as you can see.

BP/ST Uniforms: I wanted to do something different and do something that ties the new secondery log with the team so I brought back the Feather and put it under the armpits of the BP uniforms, I took the tomahawk of the BP scripts because it woud make it too clutered.

BP/ST ACTION SETS

Home/Away Set: Same tweaks that I did for the first concept, the red-brimmed is a option for the Away set as well but the Navy hat w red outline is the primary hat for the Away set, I will put the Alternates up soon and hopefully I can premere my Baseball Action Templates for this set as well.

HOME/AWAY ACTION SETS

Aternate Set - Featuring The Away Alt is the concept that started it all.

ALTERNATE ACTION SETS - *See First post for the Original Navy Alt. Action Sets.

Hopefully posting the links will make this load faster.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

The ATL BP uniforms are really good IMO. The creativity is off the charts and this pays off. Great job, Mike.

Thanks, I got the Home and Away jerseys up, and I will get the Alternates up soon, I hope too use some Action templates I have been working on for this concept, I would like to hear some more comments on this so keep them comin :D

Overall, a very solid concept here. A few nitpicks though. I don't think the braves want to go back to the laughing indian logo. It's not particularly politically correct and doesn't really fit with the wordmark or tomahawk theme. I just don't like the way it fits in as a patch. The feather on the bp looks pretty good and the lack of the tomahawk on the wordmark is a decent change, but the overall combinations of the two bps don't really look good. Why the white hat? It doesn't fit, it looks random, I think. And the Braves don't need a red hat. The red hat-red jersey combo says Angels, Reds, or Phillies to me, not Braves. You don't really need the red bp anyway. Just the thought of an "away" bp jersey is stupid to me.

Overall, a very solid concept here. A few nitpicks though. I don't think the braves want to go back to the laughing indian logo. It's not particularly politically correct and doesn't really fit with the wordmark or tomahawk theme. I just don't like the way it fits in as a patch. The feather on the bp looks pretty good and the lack of the tomahawk on the wordmark is a decent change, but the overall combinations of the two bps don't really look good. Why the white hat? It doesn't fit, it looks random, I think. And the Braves don't need a red hat. The red hat-red jersey combo says Angels, Reds, or Phillies to me, not Braves. You don't really need the red bp anyway. Just the thought of an "away" bp jersey is stupid to me.

I like the Indian logo just cause the Braves dont really have a Logo seperated from the Tomahawk and A but I see what you mean, as for the BPs, I just tried the White hat and I liked it but I could go with a blue hat, as for the away bp being "stupid" it really isnt an away set for BP but it would be Away jerseys for Spring Training, which I like the idea off so thats why I did that. I will take the red hat away, I kinda of thought the same thing you did when I saw how it looked, I am done with the action shots and will post them with a update tonight.

Well as I said, here is a Action Template I made and this is it's premiere, I really want to hear some more on this concept but I want to hear what yall think about the action templates too, I also have updated the Logo Sheet replacing the laughing indian with the Feather that is on the BP jerseys, and I make one BP hat that features the Tomahawk A and is Blue w/ white piping and the side panel under the piping is red.

ACTION SETS POSTED WITH SET ABOVE

#2 Detroit Tigers: Alright so moving on to team #2, I decided to do a some updates to the Tigers, and I really like the idea I had for the Spring Training/BP uniforms, one thing I hate about the Tigers uniforms is that the D is different on the Hat then the one on the Jersey so I tried to make the D consistent in this concept.

Logo Sheet: Well as I said before I wanted to keep the D logo consistent, I used the one from the Home jersey and added an outline to it. I kept the Secondary they have now, it is doubles as the Home Alt. and BP Hat logo. I only used one outline around the Detroit script and basically added an outline to everything else.

Spring Training/BP Set: For the BPs I decided to try out another wild design, it goes under the sleeves again and features Tiger Stripes on it, it is outlined by a white piping that runs into the pants. Everything else is preet self-explanble.

BP/SPRING TRAINING ACTION

Home/Away Set: Well I know the Home set is kind of traditional but I wanted to do something different, for one thing I used the same D on the jersey on the hat and added an outline to both, I also added a outline to the Numbers, as for the Away I simplified it a little bit by taking away the triple outline.

HOME/AWAY ACTION

Sunday Home Alt. (includes action shot): Well I first planned to add the Tiger script to the Home Uniforms but I realized that tiger fans might want to ring my neck for that so I made a Sunday Alt. for them since they dont have one, I really like the way it turned out too.

Alright so tell me what yall think!

It still says "Atlanta Braves Concept" on some of them...

Ah my bad, yeah Im using the same background template and forgot to change it, I will fix that, just try and focus on the concept right now ;)

It still says "Atlanta Braves Concept" on some of them...

Ah my bad, yeah Im using the same background template and forgot to change it, I will fix that, just try and focus on the concept right now ;)

K, I was just making sure you were aware ^_^ . Great job though. My favorite is the home alt. I made something similar to this once, but yours looks much better. The BP looks great too. I have always liked that D with the tiger logo, and you did a great job with it here. Nice job!!!!!

I love how you are thinking outside of the box. Only problem is what if their road jersey conflicts with the home jersey of a team that uses Orange as a primary as well?

Yeah that is something I was thinking about when making these concepts, I may make to wear the "Away" BP/Spring Training uniform is a Clash Set, like if Atlanta plays Detroit both of thier Home or Regular BP uniforms are Blue so the Away team has to wear the "Clash" Set which would be the Orange. Also Any request for the next team? I was thinking either the Cubs or A's but I am open to any suggestions

bumpin this before it falls to the second page, looking for some more C&C, I am almost done with my Cubs Concept, if it woud be easier for me to post links to concept just tell me and I will, they would help it load faster.

-Edit: Alright I replaced all of the images with links so that it loads faster

Yeah, if you could please use links, I think that is why you are not getting as many comments, because it took my computer like 3 minutes to load and I'm sure some people just give up.

Tigers, nice concept, the bps and really cool, the designs of home and away are near perfect too. I will be honest though, I prefer their other "D", this one is blocky and clunky, I think, while the other one simpler and cleaner. The sleeveless are good but I think a blue alternate would really complete this set.

Yeah, if you could please use links, I think that is why you are not getting as many comments, because it took my computer like 3 minutes to load and I'm sure some people just give up.

Tigers, nice concept, the bps and really cool, the designs of home and away are near perfect too. I will be honest though, I prefer their other "D", this one is blocky and clunky, I think, while the other one simpler and cleaner. The sleeveless are good but I think a blue alternate would really complete this set.

Yeah I may switch the D's and see how the other one looks, as for the Sunday Alt, a Navy one might look good, I like how the vest turned out but I may give the Navy Alt a shot, should I still use the Tigers Script for it? Also I might get my Cubs Concept up tonight.

Archived