Bigmike's MLB Concepts

bigmike

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice. I like the creativity. Like everyone said, the pants are definite overkill, but I like the socks, I would keep it.

What I would do on the arms is get rid of the two stripes closest to the edge of the sleeve, then move the stars to the edge so it goes line of stars on blue - white - red. That would simplify things a little.

I love this concept. Really creative, and I like how the script matches the striping design. That said, the design (as others have pointed out) is far too complicated to work on the pants and socks. The alternate jersey is really nice. Just change up the striping, and you're set! Nice work.

scotland_fifasig.png

Thanks for all the thoughts everyone. I figured the pants stripe would be a risk, but I thought I would try it out, for my update I'll work on removing that, I think I'm going to do like Elliot said though and keep the socks, just so something matches the sleeves. I'll try and change up the striping also, thanks agian for all the comments, hopefully I'll get the update up soon.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Alright, I'm going to go ahead and post the update here since it's on a new page, I'll keep the first version up so you can see the pants with the stars and stripes if you like. I made an update by changing the Blue BP hat to have the stars and stripes 'DC' logo on it. All of the Jerseys are the same, I tried to do something like elliot said with the sleeve stripes but I like how this look's better because it matches the socks and patch, if I changed it, it would not match so that's why I kept it the same. I included the BP Jerseys, hopefully I'll get some more of those done, I already know what I want to do with the Phillies and I have no idea for the Red Sox jerseys. The BP's have the Sleeve Stripe running down the side panels, and the striping stay's the same so on the Red jerseys it is only a blue stripe with white outline, The "Clash" or Away BP jerseys focus on the Curly W, since it is supposed to have tradition in Washington sports, so I included the Washington Script on it.

Logo Sheet (Updated w/ hat)

NationalsLogoSheet-1.png

Home/Away Set (Pants Updated)

NationalsRegUniformSet-1.png

Alternate (Pants Updated, could be worn on road with gray pants)

NationalsAlternateJersey-1.png

BP/ST Uniforms (NEW w/ update)

NationalsBPUniformSet.png

I'm starting on the Twins tonight, they should be up by the end of the week.

That sleeve patch is mighty spiffy.

The whole Nationals set is might spiffy. Great job on the Nats.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Thanks for all the positive feedback on the Nats guys, I have just finished concept #11, I was wanting to do an alternate, but I wanted some feedback on how this looked, I was going to do a vest alternate that's white, but it would make this set almost identical to my San Diego set so I thought I might get some thoughts from you guys on the concept first and maybe some alt. ideas.

#11 Minnesota Twins: My goal for the Twins was to mix eras, I personally love their throwback uniforms, I do think their current set is nice although I'm not crazy about thier current wordmarks. So I went to the 'Twins' Script, I know I've used alot of scripts so far but they have a good baseball feel to it, I'll try and stray from it on some concepts in the future but I think I'll work with it more.

Logo Sheet: First off, I modified their secondary, the two twins logo, I tried to modernize it by using only red and blue, useing the new script, and I colored the Two Guys more, I put the Home uniform on one and the Away on the other, I just liked that idea for some reason so I tried to incorperate here, I tried not to get too detailed although yall may think it's too detalied as it is. I modified a old Minnesota Script to match the Twins Script, brought back the Red Hat for home, made a new M secondary logo from Minnesota script and included it on Away Cap. I know I've used a Red cap w/ blue bill about 3 times now, but I dont intend on using it anymore.

TwinsLogoSheet.png

BP/ST Set: Yeah I actually got around to doing the BPs with the rest of the set this time :D, I just used a simple piping/stripe around the cuffs, and collar for both, the Clash BP set focuses on the new M logo.

TwinsBPUniformSet.png

Home/Away Set: The Home jerseys are a obvious mix of the 82 throwbacks and their current, I preety much took the pintripes from their current uniforms and transferred them here. I was back and forth on whether or not to keep the Away pinstripes, and in the end I lost them, because I'm not a fan of their current roadies and I did that for the Yankees which would make them both look similar. The away kinda pinpoints the red (with update). The Primary is the Sleeve Patch.

TwinsRegUniformSet-1.png

...and that's the Twins, I cant wait to hear from you guys, especially bmac and BJ, since they are preety big Twins fans. I'm not sure yall will like it but that's what c&c is for, and hopefully I can improve it if needed. I'm still brainstorming on alts., if you would like to see something particular for them tell me and I'll see what I can do. The Cardinals will be next...

Alternate Jerseys posted With Away Update - 5-9-09

Okay I got the Alternates done, I preety much went with what bmac said and made the vest and blue uniforms, the Vest is cream an feat. the TC logo and Number on the Chest, the piping is the same from the Home jerseys, it would be worn only on Sunday Home Games.

TwinsSundayAltUniformSet.png

Now to the Blue Alternate, like bmac said I put the 'Twins' script across the chest which was a great idea, the script matches the M on the Hat, so that hat would be worn with these jerseys even if they wore these at home. I included the Gray and Cream pants, so that they can wear this jerseys home or away.

TwinsAltUniformSet.png

Thanks alot to bmac for giving his idea on the alternates, I've got the away jersey updated on the original post, I would love to hear some more thoughts and the Cardinals will be up tonight or tommarow.

Well, I may not be a Twins fan but I must say that I really like this set. I have always thought that the two twins logo could use the real jerseys that wear, and I think you executed it greatly, nice update to that. I like the "throwback" script you use. That new Minnesota script looks great; along with the new M cap logo. Really nice job on this one, bigmike.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Nice Twins concept. Very solid all around. You did an excellent job mixing the eras. That new primary logo is freaking sweet! What an perfect execution of a great idea. I have always thaught that logo needed an update. First off, good job getting rid of the yellow. I'm not really sure why they have that. The idea of having the two different jerseys on the two guys is really good. That is easily the coolest version of that Twins logo I have ever seen. Nice job. The home jersey is perfect. Good job mixing the current with the throwbacks. The road jersey looks good. Personally, I am a fan of the away pinstripes, but I wouldn't be to upset if they were removed. I just think it unique. As for the navy dominating the red, I kinda agree with BJ. It looks ok, but I would use red more. You did a good job with the road. Both bp unis look great. I wouldn't change a thing. The only thing I am the least bit unsure about in this whole set is the M logo. You did a really good job with it, but it just doesn't look like the Twins to me. I won't complain about it though because it matches everything and you did a great job with it. Overall, this is a GREAT Twins concept. One of the better ones I have seen. Nice job!

Thanks for the comments guys, I'm realy glad yall like it, I was going to go ahead and run some alternate ideas across everyone, I have about 3-4 ideas for the Home and 2 ideas for an away one, I'll get them up with a update, which I'll invert the away script and numbers, also bmac, do you think the M logo would look better if I added the floating tail under it? I just thought about that. Anyways I'll layout the Alt. Ideas.

Home Alt.

Option 1 - Sleevless version of the Home jersey, without pinstripes, and TC logo instead of script, maybe a cream color? (would work with Away Option 1 only)

Option 2 - Blue Jersey with Twins in White across the Chest (would work with Away Option 2 only, or coud be a single alternate)

Option 3 - Red Jersey?

Away Alt.

Option 1 - Blue Alternate with Red Minnesota Script (I would only want it to work with Home Option 1)

Option 2 - Sleeveless Grays, with pinstripes :D (Could work with option Home 1 - 3, I dont know if I would like it with 1 though)

Alright, if I could get some feedback on which one of those ideas you think sounds best that'd be great, I am going to go ahead and start the Cardinal Concept, I preety much know exactly what I'm going to do for them so I may have that up tonight, most likely tommarow. After I hear some more thoughts, I'll get a Twins update up asap.

Thanks for the comments guys, I'm realy glad yall like it, I was going to go ahead and run some alternate ideas across everyone, I have about 3-4 ideas for the Home and 2 ideas for an away one, I'll get them up with a update, which I'll invert the away script and numbers, also bmac, do you think the M logo would look better if I added the floating tail under it? I just thought about that. Anyways I'll layout the Alt. Ideas.

Home Alt.

Option 1 - Sleevless version of the Home jersey, without pinstripes, and TC logo instead of script, maybe a cream color? (would work with Away Option 1 only)

Option 2 - Blue Jersey with Twins in White across the Chest (would work with Away Option 2 only, or coud be a single alternate)

Option 3 - Red Jersey?

Away Alt.

Option 1 - Blue Alternate with Red Minnesota Script (I would only want it to work with Home Option 1)

Option 2 - Sleeveless Grays, with pinstripes :D (Could work with option Home 1 - 3, I dont know if I would like it with 1 though)

Alright, if I could get some feedback on which one of those ideas you think sounds best that'd be great, I am going to go ahead and start the Cardinal Concept, I preety much know exactly what I'm going to do for them so I may have that up tonight, most likely tommarow. After I hear some more thoughts, I'll get a Twins update up asap.

For the road alt, as much I would like to see a sleeveless gray, I would use a navy jersey. I think the best option is to use a navy jersey that says Twins for road and home. That way you can also use the slevveless white jersey. I guess it's up to you. Can't wait to see what you go with!

As for the M logo, it might look better with the floating tail thing, but I woudn't worry about it too much. It looks good.

Archived