Bigmike's MLB Concepts

bigmike

Alright so after I did a quick photoshop job of what I though the Braves should do to thier Navy alt. I decided I would just do a concept on it. The only thing I did on it was color in the Atlanta Script and Tomahawk and make it red. After hearing some thoughts, I went with making the Script and Tomahawk White with red outline, and put piping on the jerseys with a red/white/red layout. I also added a Red Outline on the A so the Navy hat would still look good with the jerseys.

This is my first ever Baseball concept, I am glad I got to do it for my favorite Baseball team! Thanks to ShineyHubCaps for the Template!

AtlantaBravesAltConceptGIMP.png

C&C

Teams Completed (15/30)

1. Atlanta Braves pg. 2

2. Detroit Tigers pg.2

3. Chicago Cubs pg. 3

4. San Diego Padres pg. 4

5. New York Yankees UPDATE on pg. 5

6. Philadelphia Phillies pg. 5

7. Tampa Bay Rays pg. 5

8. San Francisco Giants pg. 6

9. Boston Red Sox pg. 6

10. Washington Nationals pg. 6

11. Minnesota Twins pg. 7

12. St. Louis Cardinals pg.8

13. Chicago White Sox UPDATE on pg. 9

14. Cincinnati Reds pg. 9

15. Texas Rangers pg. 9

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always dug the red bill on the Braves cap. Maybe infuse that into the alt somewhere?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Alright so I fixed the Script on the jerseys, here is the update

AtlantaBravesAltConceptGIMP.png

and as ChicagoShawn said, I made a option with a Red-brimmed hat and helmet.

AtlantaBravesAltConceptGIMPRedHat.png

There will be more to come, I dont know if I will do Home and Away sets for the Braves because I really like them, but I am workin on some more Home/Alt. options!

The red brimmed hat also has the white A w/ red outline

That's great news! Braves concept threads are few and far between on here. I like the update you did. I would go with the red bill.

I thought he made the concept to make a new jersey to go with the red-less hat? It must be a good jersey because it works with both hats.

i know it would be strange but i think a white hat would look amazing with this set, you want to try it out just to see how it would look?

other than that though, great job. the template with the background is amazing, your work is really getting alot better these days. i was looking at some of your old stuff the other day and this is so much better then where you started. you have passed me and really dopne some neat things. great job man!

i know it would be strange but i think a white hat would look amazing with this set, you want to try it out just to see how it would look?

other than that though, great job. the template with the background is amazing, your work is really getting alot better these days. i was looking at some of your old stuff the other day and this is so much better then where you started. you have passed me and really dopne some neat things. great job man!

Mmm I wouldn't do that. White hats are very collegiate and rarely work. I don't think it would work here either.

Nice work bigmike. This is much better than the navy crap they wear now. The cap looks better with a red brim, but I don't think the alternate cap should be any different than the game cap. Red outline is pointless I think.

Mmm I wouldn't do that. White hats are very collegiate and rarely work. I don't think it would work here either.

Nice work bigmike. This is much better than the navy crap they wear now. The cap looks better with a red brim, but I don't think the alternate cap should be any different than the game cap. Red outline is pointless I think.

Well I guess my main plan was to put a red outline for all of thier sets, I am probably going to make a Style guide for all the sets soon.

Before I do that though, I am going to post a new Home Alternate Option and New Away Alternate, And I will just let y'all pick which one y'all like.

I know it is more consistent with the red outline, but the chances of a team manufacturing two hats with such a small variation are slim. If you are going to build a whole concept off the outline then it is different I guess, but I wouldn't stray too far from the red with blue they use now. I may be biased but I love it.

I know it is more consistent with the red outline, but the chances of a team manufacturing two hats with such a small variation are slim. If you are going to build a whole concept off the outline then it is different I guess, but I wouldn't stray too far from the red with blue they use now. I may be biased but I love it.

Yeah I do too, but I thought maybe with the all navy hat it could use just a tiny bit of red on it. Since everyone has liked the red-brimmed hat better than I will probably just take the outline off.

Alright so I said there would be more and there is, this is actually the Home and Away Sets, I didnt think I would change them but I decided to tweak them a bit. For the Home jerseys, all I did was invert the piping colors to keep the piping consistant for all of the jerseys. I also made the "Atlanta" Blue on the away, that way it kind of works with the navy hat, and since it will be used on one of my Alternate concepts (hint hint). I also made the red brimmed hat an option for the away and kept the red outline on the Navy hats.

Edit- All sets are posted on 2nd Page

Pretty nice, but the pants should be gray on the road. And the pants stripe on the road should be inverted. The hats look much better like this, as opposed to two hats, the only difference being an outline. It sorta reminds me of the Nationals, but I actually like the blue numbers on the roads.

Pretty nice, but the pants should be gray on the road. And the pants stripe on the road should be inverted. The hats look much better like this, as opposed to two hats, the only difference being an outline. It sorta reminds me of the Nationals, but I actually like the blue numbers on the roads.

Ahh, yeah I forgot to edit the pants, yeah I will fix that real quick, and yeah it reminded me a little bit of the nats as well, I may do a National concept though to make a difference between the two.

Edit* Alright I fixed the pants, the post above is updated

Archived