Cleveland Indians - UPDATED

chestnutz

So the other day I bought a throwback navy 5950 hat with the old Cleveland "C" in red. I freakin' love it and was inspired to do my first baseball concept.

Colors: Only darkened the red a tad.

Logos: Updated Chief Wahoo a little bit, made everything a bit more streamlined. Added a C logo based on the hat I described above, only with the feather. Kept the Indians wordmark (but I did lose the white outline in it), trashed the Cleveland one (never liked it) in favor of a basic block.

Unis: Triple stripe on sleeves and pants. Not much else to describe.

Logos-1.png

Home-unis-1.png

Away-unis-1.png

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Overall, great work (as usual). But I see a couple things that could be tweaked. I would like to see the C-Feather and I hats with the white outline on the logos. They look a little plain with just red. Also, I think you should go with a block serif font for the numerals, to match that sexy C-Feather logo you created. In addition, I'm not that fond of the revised Chief Wahoo, I'm not sure why, but something looks a little off with him. Finally, I think red numerals at home and navy numeral on the road would unify that element to the other jersey elements, like your road alternate has. Once again, great work, that C-Feather is fan-freakin'-tastic!

I'm really not feeling it, to be honest. I'm not feeling most of the changes to Chief Wahoo...I don't think his face needed to be changed at all, but I do like what you did with the feather. I like the idea behind the "c-feather", and I think it's best fit for a retro-style uniform. I like the home set and even the home alt, but I'm not diggin' the roads. I think the script "Cleveland" looks nice and unique compared to the old-style wordmark you've used here. I think you're primary road could work as an adequate "faux-back" alt jersey, but I'd use the script "Cleveland" for the primary road set with Chief Wahoo on the cap.

Not a bad set at all, but it's just not quite sitting right with me.

The C-feather is brilliant. I've liked the C cap since they reintroduced it, but I didn't feel like it was a strong enough mark to say "The Cleveland Indians" if it were to stand alone. Now, it can stand alone. Really, I think the Indians should go away from using Wahoo on the caps, but that's more of a personal thing. (I hate logos on caps. Letters should go on caps. And really, the letters should be so stylized that they are logos in and of themselves, i.e. the Yankees' NY.) I also like the simplicity: red on navy looks good. No white outlines on the caps with either the I or the C-feather.

The uniforms themselves I could take or leave, but I'm a pretty big fan of the block "CLEVELAND." Maybe make the numbers on the away match the 3D block effect on the wordmark? For your alternate home, why not make the C-feather the logo on the front? Might as well show it off, right?

Sorry, I'm not really feeling this. The new chief wahoo isn't doing anything for me at all. It just looks like a knockoff logo or something. I don't know why. I don't particularly like the dropshadow or the angle the wordmark is at either. It makes the wordmark less legible. The Cleveland script for the aways just isn't doing it for me either. It's not an improvement over the script "Cleveland" they wear. The only thing I really like is the C logo. It's brilliant IMO.

I love the feathered C, but it's still not enough to displace Chief Wahoo on the caps, because it's been there so long. I'm a big advocate on letters on caps too--I want an H back on Houston ASAP--but it's Wahoo. You can't. If you're using block letters for Cleveland, you have to use block letters for Indians, and vice versa for the cursive scripts. You can't mix and match. Blue belt instead of red would be nice, too, and radial arching instead of vertical arching, since you'd really be stepping on the Braves' toes (even though they amputated those toes). There's gotta be a way to prominently work the feathered C in, but Wahoo has been on the caps so long through so many highs and lows like 1995, 1997, and Major League; there's no way to scrap it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

As a Cleveland Indians fan, I think they are one of the most interesting teams to try to come up with concepts with. I like the attempt, but I'm only feeling some parts as opposed to the whole thing. The new Chief Wahoo I'm not digging. Like patsox said, it looks like a cheap knockoff some Chinese company would come up with to sell to uninformative Chinese fans of baseball. I specifically don't like the rounding of the nose, the new teeth, and the lowering of the right cheek.

I do however, love the new C logo with the feather. I just think you could have executed it a little better, with the feather instead of hanging out of the C, would rather be the stem of the C itself, with the two legs coming out of the feather. As for the hats, I think you should have the bill on the C hat red, instead of an all blue hat.

As for the uniforms, I'm loving the red stripe in the sleeve instead of the blue stripe they have on their current uniforms. I think though that red numbers outlined in blue would look better instead of your idea of blue outlined in red. I'm not liking the away uniforms though. I don't think you should have the C as the primary hat for the away uniforms, but should be used once and awhile when they are on the road. I also think the road uniforms are too bland, but maybe that's just the way the colors are looking to me. I think it would look better with the colors in the Cleveland script reversed, so it's red on blue, just so it gives everything a little more pop. I like the alternate road uniform though, as there is nothing I would like to see changed.

Overall though, great concept from you, as usual!

signature1b.png

signature2qx.png

I think the "C" logo looks kind of awkward...especially with the space it takes up. If you wanted to include a feather, I would think have it hanging downwards from the back of the C would be the best way to capture that. I also feel like the C and I are too opposite each other in terms of design and clash in the same set.

Also having trouble liking the red logos on navy hats...probably be a bit too hard to see from a significant distance.

This is a pretty awesome set. I LOVE the road jerseys. My only complaint is the C logo on the cap. I really want it to work because it's a great idea, but it's not quite there. It looks like the two elements were just pasted together. But that C looks so nice, I'd almost say lose the feather and just have the C outlined in white.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

i would use the "C" logo on all caps (well at least road primary, and options for the home whites) but outline it in white.... i really like the road grays though.. good stuff

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Archived